Texas Lt Gov Dewhurst Seeks Federal Disaster Aid; Gov Perry Out of State, Campaigning

Federal Aid Approved to Help Fight Bear Creek Fire
By: Cole Shooter | 2 days ago
YouTube
Funds to fight fires in two Texas counties have been approved by the federal government.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has authorized the use of federal funds to help fight the Bear Creek fire in Marion and Cass Counties.

This Fire Management Assistance Grant brings the total of approved FMAGs for Texas to 53 for 2011.

The authorization makes FEMA funding available to pay for 75 percent of state and local government eligible firefighting costs under the grant. In order to qualify for the aid, the state must first meet a minimum threshold for costs before the assistance is provided.

Federal Aid Approved to Help Fight Bear Creek Fire - News/Talk 790 KFYO

75% of the firefighting costs paid by the feds?

Did you whine when Democratic controlled States got Government funds for Federal Emergencies? Or is it just when Republicans ask?

You leftoids are trying to both condemn him for asking for aid and not asking for aid, which is it?

First you people bitch because he was going to skip a 2nd debate because of the first, then you bitch because he was going to the debate and "should have" been in Texas fighting those fires!! He's running for president, and there's people he has taking care of the problems in Texas...SO MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!!!

I didnt...I did complain about him cutting his fire department by 75% though.

Oh the timing!

First you people bitch because he was going to skip a 2nd debate because of the first, then you bitch because he was going to the debate and "should have" been in Texas fighting those fires!! He's running for president, and there's people he has taking care of the problems in Texas...SO MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!!!

Nobody mentioned wildfires and Texas before HE made it an issue by bowing out of a debate/candidate forum to attend to them. Then, 72 hours later, they are okay and he attends the one in California when there is a much wider audience on television.

Since then it has been uncovered that these fires are very serious; there are/were something like 9,000 of them???? They've been going since January according to the governor's website:

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - Texas Wildfires

I, personally, don't begrudge him for campaigning during the fires. You're right, all of the expertise that has been assembled is working on the crisis. Perry added nothing by bowing out of a debate and going there. Nothing. You state "Make up your minds", he should. Either it's a crisis that demands the governor's attention or it doesn't; he has been inconsistent.

On a larger sense, if he can't put out fires--literally--that have been going since January; it doesn't speak too well for his ability as a leader does it? Its not easy to do but there are much more difficult problems as President he will have to deal with than wildfire.

What kind of a man is Gov Rick Perry? He's the kind of man who leaves his state during a disaster to campaign for higher office, while his Lt Gov is left to do the real work in a time of crisis.

Anyone who supports or votes for Rick Perry should have their head examined.

BASTROP, Texas, Sept. 9 (UPI) -- Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst called on President Barack Obama Friday to declare Texas a major disaster area because of wildfires.

"Mr. President, we need a statewide disaster declaration right away. ... We need help from FEMA right away," Dewhurst said at a news conference at the Bastrop convention center.

CNN reported Dewhurst, acting as governor while Republican Gov. Rick Perry is campaigning, told residents he had signed a second letter to Obama seeking the declaration after he got no response to a request earlier this week.

"We need help yesterday," Dewhurst said.

------------------

"There were 176 fires burning in Texas on Wednesday and 120 of them were in East Texas," Texas Forest Service spokesman Warren Bielenberg was quoted by the Houston Chronicle as saying. "Of the 20 new fires that popped up this same day, we found 19 of them in East Texas."

Texas lt. gov. seeks federal disaster aid - UPI.com

You fucking whackjobs are retarded.

There's a HUGE thread around here full of moonbats, just like you, bitching, moaning and pissing your pants accusing Perry of trying to duck out of the debate because he went to Texas to tend to the fires.

In fact, in that very thread, the question is asked "How long before some dumbass starts a thread bitching because he did go to the debate?"

Same damned thing; campaigning.

Can you tell me why our current President just used a joint session of Congress to kick off his campaign tour?
You think that is very Presidential?

:cuckoo:

So you're saying Perry is no better than Obama. Thanks.

How dare Texas ask for any federal money, no one in Texas pays any federal taxes... :rolleyes:

It does bring up a question; Eric Cantor--a little while ago before his GOP brethren's acceptance of federal aid became highlighted--wanted federal offsets for all FEMA spending.

Should Perry publicly state that he won't accept a dime until they can find money somewhere else in the Federal Budget? I don't think he should but if he wants to be consistent....he should I guess.

How dare Texas ask for any federal money, no one in Texas pays any federal taxes... :rolleyes:

It does bring up a question; Eric Cantor--a little while ago before his GOP brethren's acceptance of federal aid became highlighted--wanted federal offsets for all FEMA spending.

Should Perry publicly state that he won't accept a dime until they can find money somewhere else in the Federal Budget? I don't think he should but if he wants to be consistent....he should I guess.

Should the federal government accept federal taxes that come from Texas to fund Obamacare? I'm quite sure an overwhelming amout of Texans didn't want Obamacare........

The looney lefties blame Bush for Katrina when it was Blanco and Nagan who were asleep at the wheel and now you want to blame Perry for the issue of wildfires? Hell, given the fact that the media lefties still blame Bush for the state's inadequacies it seems only fitting that Obama get his ass to Texas and do someting about the fires. After all he plugged the hole in the gulf in 2010 in messianic fashion by simply saying, "just plug the damn hole". Maybe he could just say something like, "just put out the damn fire." and all would be good in Texas.

Obama has already given something like 7 grants to TX to fight fires and such.

And they want more?

That shouldn't be an issue for Obama. The political left has dumped trillions into the so called War on Poverty for the last 45 years and there is still plenty of "poverty" to go around.

What kind of a man is Gov Rick Perry? He's the kind of man who leaves his state during a disaster to campaign for higher office, while his Lt Gov is left to do the real work in a time of crisis.

Anyone who supports or votes for Rick Perry should have their head examined.

You fucking whackjobs are retarded.

There's a HUGE thread around here full of moonbats, just like you, bitching, moaning and pissing your pants accusing Perry of trying to duck out of the debate because he went to Texas to tend to the fires.

In fact, in that very thread, the question is asked "How long before some dumbass starts a thread bitching because he did go to the debate?"

Same damned thing; campaigning.

Can you tell me why our current President just used a joint session of Congress to kick off his campaign tour?
You think that is very Presidential?

So you're saying Perry is no better than Obama. Thanks.

Or the opposite could be said, but you'd never do that to the One, would ya??

What IS it about these Texans? They talk big, but fail to show up when they're REALLY needed. How do they put it? All hat and no cattle!

A governor or the leader of any organization can fiddle about and not be around almost any normal day, and it's not really that big of a deal. But when there's a crisis, there expected to drop everything else and actually BE there.

When there were riots in England, the PM cancelled his vacation and flew back to London. And that's exactly what he should have done. But Perry apparently places his ambition above the health and welfare of the citizens of Texas. They ought to ask him to resign. Then he can campaign to his heart's delight. I have just one more piece of advice for Perry. Please don't tell America that you're going to do for (to) America what you did for Texas. We already had one AWOL president when the country was under attack. And he was from Texas TOO!

What IS it about these Texans? They talk big, but fail to show up when they're REALLY needed. How do they put it? All hat and no cattle!

A governor or the leader of any organization can fiddle about and not be around almost any normal day, and it's not really that big of a deal. But when there's a crisis, there expected to drop everything else and actually BE there.

When there were riots in England, the PM cancelled his vacation and flew back to London. And that's exactly what he should have done. But Perry apparently places his ambition above the health and welfare of the citizens of Texas. They ought to ask him to resign. Then he can campaign to his heart's delight. I have just one more piece of advice for Perry. Please don't tell America that you're going to do for (to) America what you did for Texas. We already had one AWOL president when the country was under attack. And he was from Texas TOO!

LOL, so you don't like Perry I take it? And what President are you referring to being AWOL when we were under Attack? Clinton? So you are comparing wildfires to 9.11? you people are coming unhinged, I swear. You all BETTER get used to the fact you WILL probably have a Republican President after 2012. The Obama's approvals ain't speaking so good for his reelection chances, unless you plan on running someone against him..:lol:

At least we know that neither earthquakes nor hurricanes will keep Barry from his vacation.

So, what was that about being AWOL during a crisis?

:eusa_shhh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back