Texas hospital to pull plug on toddler

I hate when assholes politicize situations that are difficult, tragic and complex.

And that is what this is about isn't it?

You don't know the baby's real condition, her prognosis, anything. No doctor WANTS to end a life prematurely, and no family WANTS to see a child's life end. It's horrible for the family. But what do you do when you get to the point that there is nothing more medically that can be done and the child is kept alive on life support only with no prognosis for improvement?

We don't know if that is the case here, but I am quite certain this is not political, and there is a lot we do not know.

Oh. And by the way. Texas is RED.

It's not political... it's moral.

I know of two cases in England where children were on support and "life ending" decisions were made by courts and hospitals. In both cases the Catholic Church was willing to take the children and care for them in their hospitals, one in Italy. Both times the parents were denied to allow it

That's political

I know at least one of the cases you mean, and no...I don't agree that it is political.

It's moral.

And the moral argument is incredibly difficult because it involves whether or not the child is suffering with no hope for improvement.

That's moral.

When courts deny parents the rights to determine what's best for their child it's political.

YOU don't decide parental rights... that's God given

Not your kid so sit down

What if what parents think is "best" for their child amounts to child abuse?
Like abortion..? Lol!

She is the latest victim of Texas' 10-Day Rule under the Texas Advanced Directives Act. Under this provision, the hospital's ethics panel decided they would no longer continue care for her, and informed the family on October 31 they had only 10 days to find a hospital willing to treat her.
TX Hospital to Pull the Plug on Toddler

So in other words it's like you/ loved one is in the pound 3 days later nobody wants you so Eeeh just kill the we told you leftist dumb asses they're coming for you to a.holes!!

"you to a holes"?

WTF? Did you just get promoted to fourth grade?

Her mother, Trinity Lewis, said Tinslee was diagnosed with Ebstien Anomaly, a heart defect, which — in Tinslee’s case — caused her heart to be so enlarged that it pressed against her right lung, causing chronic lung disease. She has had three surgeries and has also been on a ventilator for roughly two months.

The kid ain't even brain dead! She is awake and alive completely..
Maybe she can survive if taken off. Prayers up for little miss Tinsley and her family that's had such a rough decision passed their way. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back