Texas governor Abbott orders liquor stores to close

That sucks. Our Governor is a goofball leftist here in Wisconsin, but he is thinking of allowing bars to serve drive-through growlers. A "growler" is where you bring your own container and they fill it up with beer.

I moved here from from Irving Texas 13 years ago, and that's the first I've ever heard of a growler.
Hum

a snow bunny wearing a cowboy hat

you dont see that every day

25 years in Texas and I've never owned a "cowboy hat." Don't like cowboy boots either, they hurt my feet and are a pain in the ass to walk in. The only things I've worn for the last 30 years are USGI boots.
Good for you

Yes, very good for me. I have ten different pairs of USGI boots, going back to the Vietnam War jungle boots. Military-issue stuff is the best. They're light, comfortable, you can go through any kind of terrain, and they last forever.

Sometimes I come across a pair of WW2-era brown toe-cap jump boots at a garage sale. You'd be surprised what those are worth, sometimes bringing as much as $500 on Ebay, if they're in nice condition.

That sucks. Our Governor is a goofball leftist here in Wisconsin, but he is thinking of allowing bars to serve drive-through growlers. A "growler" is where you bring your own container and they fill it up with beer.

I moved here from from Irving Texas 13 years ago, and that's the first I've ever heard of a growler.
Hum

25 years in Texas and I've never owned a "cowboy hat." Don't like cowboy boots either, they hurt my feet and are a pain in the ass to walk in. The only things I've worn for the last 30 years are USGI boots.
Good for you

Yes, very good for me. I have ten different pairs of USGI boots, going back to the Vietnam War jungle boots. Military-issue stuff is the best. They're light, comfortable, you can go through any kind of terrain, and they last forever.

Sometimes I come across a pair of WW2-era brown toe-cap jump boots at a garage sale. You'd be surprised what those are worth, sometimes bringing as much as $500 on Ebay, if they're in nice condition.
Think of how many vietnam boots and boonie hats were discarded at separation centers across the US by returning GIs

Hum

Good for you

Think of how many vietnam boots and boonie hats were discarded at separation centers across the US by returning GIs

That makes me sad. A pristine pair of Vietnam War era jungle boots can bring a $300 - $500 closing price...

US Vietnam Early 2nd Pattern Bata Jungle Boots Size 9W Dtd November 1965 | eBay

Original Early US Vietnam Advisor Jungle Tropical Boots C.I.C. Sz 12R Dtd. 8/64 | eBay

Origianal US Vietnam Tropical Jungle Boots CIC Dtd March 1967 Vibram Sole 9 Reg | eBay

Hum

Good for you

That makes me sad. A pristine pair of Vietnam War era jungle boots can bring $300 - $500..

Original Early US Vietnam Advisor Jungle Tropical Boots C.I.C. Sz 12R Dtd. 8/64 | eBay

Origianal US Vietnam Tropical Jungle Boots CIC Dtd March 1967 Vibram Sole 9 Reg | eBay
Not as sad as the old geezers who could use an extra $500 bucks today

Hum

Good for you

That makes me sad. A pristine pair of Vietnam War era jungle boots can bring $300 - $500..

Not as sad as the old geezers who could use an extra $500 bucks today

Well they should have saved their old geezer stuff, I would have bought it from them and flipped it for cash.

:auiqs.jpg:

I sticked up on a lot of vodka just in case our state does that

Don't they sell hard liquor at the convenience stores and Walmart there?

Not in Texas.

That sucks. Good thing I live in a drunk state.

I got my second offense DWI when I first moved up here, in 2007. Got off far easier for the second offense here, than I did for my first offense in Texas.

Back in the day the cops would usually let you go unless you were falling down drunk because the county didnt make shit off a conviction,it went to the state.
Now that the county gets the lion's share of the money they'll haul you in if they think you've been drinking.

1585667654614.png

Maybe the liberals in Austin forced him to do it.......it wasn't his decision!!! It can't be!!!

Don't Mess With Texas!!!

Austin liberals don't mind. They can still get their pot, meth, and crack cocaine.
Yup, only liberals do meth and crack -- and only conservatives drink....

Which is why the Dems forced the governor to do this.....the Dems are just too powerful and strong

Forum List

Back