Texas girl, 4, mauled to death by family dog, report says

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Poor child. This happens in Texas more often than it should. This is a horrible way for a baby to die.

Never leave a dog alone with a child. I don't care the breed or how much they love the family. Set the boundaries straight early and often. As much as I feel horrible for the parents, this is a failure on their part. It happens, but it shouldn't. Not to a child that young.

A 4-year-old girl in Texas died after she was attacked by her family’s dog over the weekend, according to an affiliate report.

Elayah Brown was in the backyard a home in southeast Fort Worth shortly after 5 p.m. on Friday when she was mauled by one of the dogs, according to local news station FOX 4.

She was rushed to a local hospital, but could not be saved. The dog was later humanely euthanized, according to the report.

Poor child. This happens in Texas more often than it should. This is a horrible way for a baby to die.

Never leave a dog alone with a child. I don't care the breed or how much they love the family. Set the boundaries straight early and often. As much as I feel horrible for the parents, this is a failure on their part. It happens, but it shouldn't. Not to a child that young.

A 4-year-old girl in Texas died after she was attacked by her family’s dog over the weekend, according to an affiliate report.

Elayah Brown was in the backyard a home in southeast Fort Worth shortly after 5 p.m. on Friday when she was mauled by one of the dogs, according to local news station FOX 4.

She was rushed to a local hospital, but could not be saved. The dog was later humanely euthanized, according to the report.
nothing s[ecial about texas,, it happens all over the country all the time,,

Never leave a dog alone with a child. I don't care the breed or how much they love the family.
Never be alone with a dog even as an adult.

I'm alone with my dog often. He's a decent sized, powerful dog. He isn't more powerful than me and he knows it.

No need to even be aggressive with a dog, just set the boundaries early. As it were, a dog can just snap, no question, I'm not suggesting it can't. I don't pretend there isn't a risk, but, I've done my best thus far and I'm not worried.

I would never leave him alone with a child though no matter the circumstances.

I can't find the breed anywhere, but bet you dollars to donuts it was a pitter, rotter, dobie or another questionable breed.
It happens so much in Texas because so many there need a badass dog. :icon_rolleyes:

..sounds like the parents' fault..I never let kids near my dogs--or anyone..I don''t want it used to people
...adults taller---kids smaller = game for the dogs....my dog act differently when she sees kids vs adults

Last edited:
I can't find the breed anywhere, but bet you dollars to donuts it was a pitter, rotter, dobie or another questionable breed.
It happens so much in Texas because so many there need a badass dog. :icon_rolleyes:

Perhaps. You know another group that likes to have bad ass dogs? Blacks.

Is it bad when blacks do it too?

I'm alone with my dog often. He's a decent sized, powerful dog. He isn't more powerful than me and he knows it.

No need to even be aggressive with a dog, just set the boundaries early. As it were, a dog can just snap, no question, I'm not suggesting it can't. I don't pretend there isn't a risk, but, I've done my best thus far and I'm not worried.

I would never leave him alone with a child though no matter the circumstances.

A small child can't be trusted to handle a dog.

I leave my 13 year old child alone with our yellow lab, all the time.

It happens everywhere dumbass ....

Try Googling "child mauled by dog" ....

This isn't something that is specific to Texas.

Agreed. A four year old should not be left alone. Period.
we never let anyone pet our dog:
1. I don't want her used to people
2. especially children--dogs naturally think of children in a different matter--prey
3. we don't know how she will react
3.yes, never let a child alone, with a dog ...the kids grab and pull-etc the dogs

My dog understands the consequences. Whenever he acts up, I show him a picture of Obama holding a knife and fork...

Screenshot_20210821-095935.png

Screenshot_20210821-100836.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back