Texas Dem Rep Vicente Gonzalez & his wife defied property tax law for 8 years by claiming 2 homestead exemptions. He voted for Inflation Reduction Act

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Vicente Gonzalez voted in favor of the 'Inflation Reduction' Act which will undoubtedly raise taxes on the middle class and small business, then was caught red handed by not paying taxes on his own property for 8 yrs.

The hypocrisy is disgusting

Why didn't one republican bring this kind of stuff up to battle this terrible bill before it passed?... throw their hypocrisy back in their faces and expose them... WTF McConnell?... fight for us you dumb son of a bitch....

A lot to note here. As to Rambunctious's question, I imagine it's because they do not want the spotlight shone on them either.

It's like Trump's CFO getting nailed. I'll bet what he did is done all over. While I hope every day in prison is a terrible one for him, I hope there is some retaliation in going after others also.

That noted.

Gonzalez said the second property is one that his wife owned prior to their marriage in 2008 and that she forgot to remove the homestead exemption on it until last year.

Lie. Typical but a lie.

After the Tribune inquired, Gonzalez spokesperson James Rivera said the congressman has spoken with the county appraiser’s office and intends to pay any back taxes that are owed.

He may "intend" to but I wonder if he actually will? At best I bet he gets to negotiate a lower number.

But I have to wonder........we have many preaching on the sanctity of marriage and how the institution should be protected and encouraged but it seems to me that tax laws like this do the exact opposite. They could just live together and claim both properties.

Forum List

Back