Texas college campus gun carrying leads to.... nothing, 2 years in no problems.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Blood was supposed to splash in every dorm room, shoot outs after every hand out of test results as irate students gunned down their professors in rage..... no pudding in the cafeteria...bang bang bang, get a ticket for illegal parking on campus.... bang bang bang.....

But... none of that happened....in fact...nothing happened...

Texas' Campus Carry Law Turns Two

Wednesday, August 1 2018, marks two years since Texas' campus carry law took effect at public universities and one year since it took effect at community colleges. During that time, no Texas college has reported a resulting fatality, injury, assault, threat, or suicide attempt.

Texas is one of six states—along with Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Georgia, and (as of February of this year) Arkansas—that allow anyone with the appropriate license* to carry a concealed handgun inside the buildings of public colleges, including in classrooms. Nationwide, such policies are in effect on more than 350 college campuses. After a combined total of more than 2,000 semesters of campus carry, not one of these institutions has reported a resulting act of violence.

Blood was supposed to splash in every dorm room, shoot outs after every hand out of test results as irate students gunned down their professors in rage..... no pudding in the cafeteria...bang bang bang, get a ticket for illegal parking on campus.... bang bang bang.....

Wednesday, August 1 2018, marks two years since Texas' campus carry law took effect at public universities and one year since it took effect at community colleges. During that time, no Texas college has reported a resulting fatality, injury, assault, threat, or suicide attempt.

Texas is one of six states—along with Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Georgia, and (as of February of this year) Arkansas—that allow anyone with the appropriate license* to carry a concealed handgun inside the buildings of public colleges, including in classrooms. Nationwide, such policies are in effect on more than 350 college campuses. After a combined total of more than 2,000 semesters of campus carry, not one of these institutions has reported a resulting act of violence.
I wonder how much crime has gone down on campuses in Texas now? I mean if I think a girl might be packing a weapon I would certainly think twice before trying to attack her wouldn't you!?

I wonder how much crime has gone down on campuses in Texas now? I mean if I think a girl might be packing a weapon I would certainly think twice before trying to attack her wouldn't you!?
I would assume it hasn't been affected. College campuses typically have low crime.

I would assume it hasn't been affected. College campuses typically have low crime.
Usually yes but they have some assaults,robberies and rapes. Dunno if anyone has done some research on those in the past 2 years or not.

Crime down at most East Texas colleges
Crime is down at most Longview-area public and private colleges, with schools reporting decreases in major crimes such as rape and burglary over the past three years, according to data made public under the Clery Act. The act is a federal law that requires any college or university receiving federal funds to release information about campus security and crime each year.

Usually yes but they have some assaults,robberies and rapes. Dunno if anyone has done some research on those in the past 2 years or not.
Yes, they have some crime. But I would assume it has stayed about the same.

Crime is down at most Longview-area public and private colleges, with schools reporting decreases in major crimes such as rape and burglary over the past three years, according to data made public under the Clery Act. The act is a federal law that requires any college or university receiving federal funds to release information about campus security and crime each year.
Sounds like there was always very little crime and some of the decreases were before campus carry.
LeTourneau reported no major crimes, violence against women or weapons offenses. The school saw three drug abuse violations and one liquor law violation in 2016. The lack of crime is typical for LeTourneau, Schultz said.

Sounds like there was always very little crime and some of the decreases were before campus carry.
LeTourneau reported no major crimes, violence against women or weapons offenses. The school saw three drug abuse violations and one liquor law violation in 2016. The lack of crime is typical for LeTourneau, Schultz said.

So where are the shootouts and mayhem?

Where is the decreased crime? There have been incidents of accidental discharge, someone easily could have been killed.

Where is the decreased crime? There have been incidents of accidental discharge, someone easily could have been killed.

So how many murders have bee committed on College campuses that had gun free zones?

So how many murders have bee committed on College campuses that had gun free zones?
Beats me. How many accidental shooting deaths have occurred in gun free zones?

Far less than mass shootings for damn sure.

We are the mass shooting capital of the world. How many mass shootings has the UK had in gun free schools? Japan?

We are the mass shooting capital of the world. How many mass shootings has the UK had in gun free schools? Japan?
Boring Unnamerykin shitholes

How many on purpose?

How many on purpose?
How many accidental shootings happen in gun free zones? Hundreds die each year in accidental shootings.

How many on purpose?
How many accidental shootings happen in gun free zones? Hundreds die each year in accidental shootings.

In gun free zones?

How many on purpose?

In gun free zones?
I don't believe there are any accidental shooting deaths in gun free zones.

Forum List

Back