Texas boy suspended for saying he could make classmate ‘disappear’ with ‘Lord of the Rings’ sorcery

More public school. What a great job they're doing educating your children, or doing something to them anyway.

Texas boy suspended after bringing ring of power to school - NY Daily News
Sounds like a threat to me. Next thing you know he will be bringing an uzi and saying the same thing. The kids already been suspended 3 times. Sounds like he needs to be put on Ritalin for everyone's safety. You cant be to careful with these types of things. His parents should teach him about being civilized.
Oh shut up. There is a pretty big difference between a toy ring and an uzi. It's Texas, after all. They would probably give him a gold star for demanding his Gawd given 2nd amendment rights.
It is an early sign of an unstable white kid who might shoot up a school. Considering the track record of whites going on shooting rampages...the school should have expelled him.

I gotta go the other way on this one. There are steps that should be taken to protect our kids, but this is just silly.
You wouldnt say that if the same kid came to school a week later and blew someone away after watching Clint Eastwood.

This seems like a gross overreaction by some silly school officials.

Religious nuts. The OP link said he had previously been in trouble for bringing his favorite book "The Big Book of Knowledge" to school because they were studying the solar system, and there were some cool pictures in it. The book also had a section on pregnancy and a picture of a pregnant woman, so he was punished. I would get my kid away from those lunatics as quick as I could.

More public school. What a great job they're doing educating your children, or doing something to them anyway.

Texas boy suspended after bringing ring of power to school - NY Daily News
Sounds like a threat to me. Next thing you know he will be bringing an uzi and saying the same thing. The kids already been suspended 3 times. Sounds like he needs to be put on Ritalin for everyone's safety. You cant be to careful with these types of things. His parents should teach him about being civilized.
Oh shut up. There is a pretty big difference between a toy ring and an uzi. It's Texas, after all. They would probably give him a gold star for demanding his Gawd given 2nd amendment rights.
It is an early sign of an unstable white kid who might shoot up a school. Considering the track record of whites going on shooting rampages...the school should have expelled him.

I gotta go the other way on this one. There are steps that should be taken to protect our kids, but this is just silly.
You wouldnt say that if the same kid came to school a week later and blew someone away after watching Clint Eastwood.

That's stupid.

That's stupid.
Yes it would be if you were in charge of enforcing discipline at a school and this kid got away with it this time only to blow someone away next week. Something is going on if he has been suspended 3 times in 6 months.

This seems like a gross overreaction by some silly school officials.

Religious nuts. The OP link said he had previously been in trouble for bringing his favorite book "The Big Book of Knowledge" to school because they were studying the solar system, and there were some cool pictures in it. The book also had a section on pregnancy and a picture of a pregnant woman, so he was punished. I would get my kid away from those lunatics as quick as I could.

Possibly. Either way it sounds like these officials are overly touchy.

That's stupid.
Yes it would be if you were in charge of enforcing discipline at a school and this kid got away with it this time only to blow someone away next week. Something is going on if he has been suspended 3 times in 6 months.

Did you read the OP link which tells what he was suspended for? The school is a haven for religious nut jobs, and a perfect example of what the Texas school board is pushing.

That's stupid.

Did you read the OP link which tells what he was suspended for? The school is a haven for religious nut jobs, and a perfect example of what the Texas school board is pushing.
I did. It seems thats the fathers version not the schools. I doubt the school is going to publize what he was suspended for. They could get sued.

That's stupid.

I did. It seems thats the fathers version not the schools. I doubt the school is going to publize what he was suspended for. They could get sued.

So how do you know the schools version is different than the fathers?

That's stupid.

How do you know the fathers version is actually true? 3 times in 6 months is an issue.

That's stupid.

How do you know the fathers version is actually true? 3 times in 6 months is an issue.

I have no reason to believe he might be lying. Do you, other than the fact that you want the father to be lying? Considering the things he was punished for, I don't see that as anything to worry about.

I have no reason to believe he might be lying. Do you, other than the fact that you want the father to be lying? Considering the things he was punished for, I don't see that as anything to worry about.
Yes I do have a reason. The school suspended the kid 3 times in 6 months. I have another reason. Its the fathers child and the parents are usually the first one to start making excuses and lying for their child. One of the reasons states he was suspended for calling a child "Black". Do you really expect me to believe thats the word he used?

Forum List

Back