Tennis star Nick Kyrgios, girlfriend resort to sleeping on the floor at Toronto's Pearson Airport, amid ongoing travel chaos

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Welcome to Police State Canada! Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios is one of the thousands of people who got stuck in the chaos at one of Canada’s busiest airports.

The tennis star and his girlfriend Costeen Hatzi were amongst the many travellers who have found themselves dealing with delayed flights and lost luggage at Toronto Pearson Airport this week.

On Wednesday, Hatzi shared a selfie story on her Instagram, which showed the couple lying on the floor using a backpack as a pillow.

She captioned the shot: “The reality of delayed flights & lost luggage…”

She added Toronto, Ontario as the location.

As of Thursday, the couple appears to have made it to the Bahamas, based on their Instagram stories. It’s not clear whether the couple’s lost luggage made it to their destination.

Kyrgios was at Wimbledon on Sunday, where he played and ultimately lost against Novak Djokovic. The controversial player was also fined for swearing at the match, which was attended by Prince George, Prince William and Kate Milddleton’s son.

The hiring crisis has come to our hospital network.

We had two IA folks retire in the last four months. And hiring their replacements has become difficult. The result? I'm not traveling as far north as Salt Lake. While Utah is beaut-eee-ful, they really need to get off their ass and get someone before the winter.
I'll still drive up there in the snow but I'm not going to be on the road after 8PM (I drove home overnight from Grand Junction more than once).

All this is to say that the insecurity of flying has made my decision to drive to my territory all that more relaxing. I would cry if these crazy delays happened to me while on my vacation.

Anyone know a good podcast to listen to?

Welcome to Police State Canada! Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios is one of the thousands of people who got stuck in the chaos at one of Canada’s busiest airports.

The tennis star and his girlfriend Costeen Hatzi were amongst the many travellers who have found themselves dealing with delayed flights and lost luggage at Toronto Pearson Airport this week.

On Wednesday, Hatzi shared a selfie story on her Instagram, which showed the couple lying on the floor using a backpack as a pillow.

She captioned the shot: “The reality of delayed flights & lost luggage…”

She added Toronto, Ontario as the location.

As of Thursday, the couple appears to have made it to the Bahamas, based on their Instagram stories. It’s not clear whether the couple’s lost luggage made it to their destination.

Kyrgios was at Wimbledon on Sunday, where he played and ultimately lost against Novak Djokovic. The controversial player was also fined for swearing at the match, which was attended by Prince George, Prince William and Kate Milddleton’s son.
I hadn't realized that Canada had even reopened their air travel. I thought they still had it all locked down.

I hadn't realized that Canada had even reopened their air travel. I thought they still had it all locked down.

It's open, but policies in place have done everything possible to discourage tourism. So, you need to complete a "CanApp" survey from your phone (what if you don't own one?) when you land. You will outline your entire itinerary for your visit in Canada. Where you are going, when, etc. This alone has caused many to avoid Canada, though the police state fears should be their primary concern.

Then there is formerly the mandatory covid test on top of being vaccinated. They stopped it, then restarted it on a "random" basis.

It has been almost as bad at the airport as waiting 30 hours to see a doctor when you visit the hospital.

It's open, but policies in place have done everything possible to discourage tourism. So, you need to complete a "CanApp" survey from your phone (what if you don't own one?) when you land. You will outline your entire itinerary for your visit in Canada. Where you are going, when, etc. This alone has caused many to avoid Canada, though the police state fears should be their primary concern.

Then there is formerly the mandatory covid test on top of being vaccinated. They stopped it, then restarted it on a "random" basis.

It has been almost as bad at the airport as waiting 30 hours to see a doctor when you visit the hospital.
Wow, really?

So, you have to actually spend the money, fly INTO Canada and THEN fill out the form in which they may deny you entry and you have to leave.

Canada is one screwed-up country.

Wow, really?

So, you have to actually spend the money, fly INTO Canada and THEN fill out the form in which they may deny you entry and you have to leave.

Canada is one screwed-up country.

I've been trying to explain to you all for years how the racket works here. Many flipped me off. I knew covid was going to further expose us and it has. From Old Age Homes to hospitals, policing (finally people can see the abuses against THEM) and now, our airports.

The issues in our hospitals and airports are NOTHING compared to the Creepy Ones. I'm sure some LEOs on here don't believe more, or must say "this guy must be some major serial killer or something to have such abuses against him". If only they knew what I knew, they might not trust Canada.

East Germany is the best comparison and it's probably not even fair since the financial incentives of the operatives in East Germany can't compare to the overpaid crooks in Canada.

I've been trying to explain to you all for years how the racket works here. Many flipped me off. I knew covid was going to further expose us and it has. From Old Age Homes to hospitals, policing (finally people can see the abuses against THEM) and now, our airports.

The issues in our hospitals and airports are NOTHING compared to the Creepy Ones. I'm sure some LEOs on here don't believe more, or must say "this guy must be some major serial killer or something to have such abuses against him".

East Germany is the best comparison and it's probably not even fair since the financial incentives of the operatives in East Germany can't compare to the overpaid crooks in Canada.
Yes, I've read your threads and for the most part, believe you. I don't live in Canada so I refrain from commenting mostly.

Yes, I've read your threads and for the most part, believe you. I don't live in Canada so I refrain from commenting mostly.

I understand this position. I was less vocal about the U.S even on here, still do bite my tongue from time to time, but I realize how important America is to Canadas prospects.

In short, if you all call out Canada and lean on our governments, they will be forced to change. It will not come from within, even when the economic decline is certain and permanent.

I understand this position. I was less vocal about the U.S even on here, still do bite my tongue from time to time, but I realize how important America is to Canadas prospects.

In short, if you all call out Canada and lean on our governments, they will be forced to change. It will not come from within, even when the economic decline is certain.
There is, really, only one effective way to change Canada from the US side of the border and that could be considered an act of war.

Shut down ALL trade and traffic into and out of Canada along our shared border. Then just wait for winter.

There is, really, only one effective way to change Canada from the US side of the border and that could be considered an act of war.

Shut down ALL trade and traffic into and out of Canada along our shared border. Then just wait for winter.

LOL.

Woah now, let's not go THAT far.

Also, in war, yes we would lose, but of course America would lose global influence and credibility so it wouldn't happen unless the U.S became desperate for resources.

Before it gets to that point, start with emailing local politicians and asking "wtf is going on in Canada"? Put pressure on Canada to uphold their Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which we are a signee to.

LOL.

Woah now, let's not go THAT far.

Also, in war, yes we would lose, but of course America would lose global influence and credibility so it wouldn't happen unless the U.S became desperate for resources.

Before it gets to that point, start with emailing local politicians and asking "wtf is going on in Canada"? Put pressure on Canada to uphold their Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which we are a signee to.
No, it wouldn't happen. I was just illustrating how difficult it would be for the US to change Canada. I'm afraid change is going to have to come from within.

Tennis star Nick Kyrgios, girlfriend resort to sleeping on the floor at Toronto's Pearson Airport, amid ongoing travel chaos​

no-one-cares-intro.gif

Forum List

Back