'Beyond the pale': Officer pleads guilty to lesser bylaw offence for shooting car five times

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
You think the U.S has police problems? Canada is worse. This cop fired five shots into a car, in the public because a woman placed some alcohol in a baby stroller and stole it from a government owned LCBO (all of our alcohol is government owned).

His punishment from the creepy judge who is a part of the Police State? Charge the cop with a by-law offense and a fine.

If you guys don't start holding Canadas feet to the fire you are going to inherit this police state, especially the undercover apparatus.

A police officer who fired five shots at a small SUV after the driver allegedly shoplifted from an Ontario liquor store east of Toronto has had his criminal charge withdrawn, and instead pleaded guilty to a bylaw offence for shooting a gun within city limits.

The Durham Regional Police officer was fined $1,000.

“I have heard the officer clearly breached the rules, but, in the circumstances, I think any reasonable person who heard those facts could, perhaps, see why someone could behave like that,” said Justice Gregory Regis.

Ian Bulmer, a Crown attorney on the case, according to a court transcript from June 8, agreed that it was “no longer in the public interest to prosecute the criminal offence of a careless use of a firearm.”

But, Peter Scully, a Toronto defence attorney who represents the woman who came under fire from Kevin Wintle, is outraged.

“For this to be resolved in the manner that it was, is so beyond the pale it’s just incomprehensible,” Scully said. “It would be somewhat akin to charging someone that just robbed a bank with an illegal left-hand turn as he fled the scene.”

The woman, Scully said, also faces a number of charges, and that matter is still before the courts.

This cop fired five shots into a car, in the public because a woman placed some alcohol in a baby stroller and stole it from a government owned LCBO (all of our alcohol is government owned).
And just think: In LA California, they hold the door open for you if you shoplift less than $1200.

His punishment from the creepy judge who is a part of the Police State? Charge the cop with a by-law offense and a fine.
I guess a fifth of vodka is worth more to Canada than a person's life.

If you guys don't start holding Canadas feet to the fire you are going to inherit this police state
I thought we already had in Joe Biden.

The woman, Scully said, also faces a number of charges, and that matter is still before the courts.
Bet she gets more than a $1000 fine.

Officer pleads guilty to lesser bylaw offence for shooting car five times​

ee591190-7ec4-46d2-9c8c-d4834cc80663_text.gif

Hey Donald H, this is why guns in the hands of only the police is a BAD idea. Or do you think lethal force for a bottle of booze is ok?

Forum List

Back