Tennessee 'Teacher of the Year' charged with auto burglary, trespassing, drug possession

There were 3,684,000 public and private school teachers in the US in 2021. Sensible gun laws shouldn't disarm everyone because of one idiot.
A sensible gun culture wouldn't want those who trained to be teachers to not be teachers but to be body guards. You can either teach or you can guard a door, they're two different jobs and you can't give your time to both.

A sensible gun culture wouldn't want those who trained to be teachers to not be teachers but to be body guards. You can either teach or you can guard a door, they're two different jobs and you can't give your time to both.

That depends on the individual.

If a 10 thousand dollar pay increase is put out there, interest may increase. Miniscule price to pay. 10 grand is nothing. Less than nothing today. So if each school has 5 carriers that's a teensy tiny 50 grand. Again, nothing.

Loved it here last month when the same folks who were calling us "groomers" and "indoctrinators" were suddenly hot and heavy to give us guns in the same room with kids.

made no sense, I called them on it, and all they could do was call me names.

Loved it here last month when the same folks who were calling us "groomers" and "indoctrinators" were suddenly hot and heavy to give us guns in the same room with kids.

made no sense, I called them on it, and all they could do was call me names.
The reason for put downs (name calling) is that there's an imaginary status hierarchy, and they feel they need to reduce you. They probably feel you're above them, usually from you've spanked them in a debate, or they feel they've lost ground in the argument and you're now above them in this imaginary status hierarchy.

The insults are predictable as well, they're aimed at your ancestry, lack of prestige, or membership in a despised out-group such as Nazi's, democrats, nationality etc.. Funny thing is, I'm UK conservative brought up with an NHS and sensible gun culture, so they think I'm a democrat, lol. They're a funny breed.

The reason for put downs (name calling) is that there's an imaginary status hierarchy, and they feel they need to reduce you. They probably feel you're above them, usually from you've spanked them in a debate, or they feel they've lost ground in the argument and you're now above them in this imaginary status hierarchy.

The insults are predictable as well, they're aimed at your ancestry, lack of prestige, or membership in a despised out-group such as Nazi's, democrats, nationality etc.. Funny thing is, I'm UK conservative brought up with an NHS and sensible gun culture, so they think I'm a democrat, lol. They're a funny breed.

In this case I believe they insulted me because they had nothing to say. They knew it was abjectly ridiculous to assert one week that teachers are groomers, indoctrinators, and can be so little trusted that you need cameras on them at all time--and the next week assert that we all need GUNS.

In this case I believe they insulted me because they had nothing to say. They knew it was abjectly ridiculous to assert one week that teachers are groomers, indoctrinators, and can be so little trusted that you need cameras on them at all time--and the next week assert that we all need GUNS.
Teachers get a rough time, cameras should be in school classrooms and incidents/behaviour problems shown to the parents. If need be, warnings given to both pupil and parents, and further incidents means large fines. That'll sort them out.

And rather than train as a teacher and do your full time job as a teacher, the gun nuts also want them to be full time bodyguards because they're unwilling to bring the broken gun culture under control.

You would probably never know it now, but most teacher contracts have a "morality clause". Boiled down, it just means you won't be out there acting like....this. Or BBQ Becky, or etc. You can go to bars. Even gay bars. You can have an affair, although never recommended. But felonies? nope.

I agree with this btw, but not what the rules were 100 years ago. I would assume everyone is aware.
NOT IN MY DISTRICT

We left the Dark Ages years ago

Teachers get a rough time, cameras should be in school classrooms and incidents/behaviour problems shown to the parents. If need be, warnings given to both pupil and parents, and further incidents means large fines. That'll sort them out.

And rather than train as a teacher and do your full time job as a teacher, the gun nuts also want them to be full time bodyguards because they're unwilling to bring the broken gun culture under control.

Cameras in classrooms is a terrible idea, at least in the US. Too many privacy laws surrounding children, and rightly so. People usually think of "getting the teacher" but do not think of the fact that there are often small children involved, many of whom are in custody situations and/or have special needs.

Two conservatives on this board then said, the teacher should be made to stand in one spot to teach and the children stay at their desks for purposes of videotaping.

Kindergarteners. I kid you not. All day long.

This is....I can't.

Forum List

Back