Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

My experience with people who take that position is that they hate mormons, do not believe that there are more than two genders, and believe that they can Define the word woman.
Good grief! No you're just trolling. I will not allow you to derail the thread with red herring logical fallacies like the issue of how many genders there are. The fact is that you cannot defend your position on Obergefell so now your just throwing dung at the wall to see what sticks. Nothing is sticking

Wrong. He signed it because Republicans were threatening to introduce a contitutional amendment declaring that marriage is a man and a woman. It was around the time that the first states were moving towards allowing same sex marriage . In addition, Clinton was promised legislation that provided protection for gays in employment but they reneged on it.
So he wanted protection for employment in exchange for him signing off on gays not having human rights?

That reminds me an aweful lot of the three fifths compromise, and it came right at a time when actual leadership was needed.

If a Republican had signed that, it would be held over their heads forever. Clinton gets a pass because of the Demo-Klux-Klan.

Good grief! No you're just trolling. I will not allow you to derail the thread with red herring logical fallacies like the issue of how many genders there are. The fact is that you cannot defend your position on Obergefell so now your just throwing dung at the wall to see what sticks. Nothing is sticking
It was you who started making it personal after you asked for a logical argument:

1664404700514.png

So, I gave it back to you. Seems the medicine you spoon out doesn't please you as much when you get a taste of it.

BTW, it should be "to which few constitutional scholars adhere." Also followed by, "which I cannot prove, of course."

Also, I think you mean "textualism," not "texturalism?" Texturalism would have something to do with the roughness or smoothness of the surface of the paper the US Constitution is written on and I give that very little importance.

It seems that is your method:

1664404838800.png

Just be honest and say, "If you disagree with me, I'll call you names, instead of making a logical argument."

Many of the leftys rightly point to the 14th ammendment. That no state can deny equal protection under the law. They also like to say that scotus had no right to overturn roe, denying women the right to abortion, even though they thought it was OK when scotus created roe originally.

So, if the 14th ammendment is the argument you want to use here, and you also agree that scotus has the power to force states to perform abortions, then that also would mean that if scotus decided that Americans should enjoy gun reciprocity nationally, a right specified in the Constitution, and that no state can deny a citizen it's right to bear arms by denying them reciprocity across state lined, you're good with that?

Many of the leftys rightly point to the 14th ammendment. That no state can deny equal protection under the law. They also like to say that scotus had no right to overturn roe, denying women the right to abortion, even though they thought it was OK when scotus created roe originally.

So, if the 14th ammendment is the argument you want to use here, and you also agree that scotus has the power to force states to perform abortions, then that also would mean that if scotus decided that Americans should enjoy gun reciprocity nationally, a right specified in the Constitution, and that no state can deny a citizen it's right to bear arms by denying them reciprocity across state lined, you're good with that?
You might want to try and clean that up so that we know what the fuck you're jabbering about

Well, they're going full federalist. Leave everything possible to the states.
Isn't this the best course? Adhere to the constitution? The problem with giving the federal government too much power is, eventually there will be a government you don't like or agree with, and then you'll be stuck with their policies.

At least with states rights, only the people that live in the state have to deal with bad policy.

Isn't this the best course? Adhere to the constitution? The problem with giving the federal government too much power is, eventually there will be a government you don't like or agree with, and then you'll be stuck with their policies.

At least with states rights, only the people that live in the state have to deal with bad policy.
Why should they have to when the constitution is supposed to protect everyone equally?

You will NOT ALLOW?!!!!

LMAO

Forum List

Back