Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

97 percent of the american population doesn't really care all that much who marries who. There's logic as well. To each his own. Nobody else's business.

I know of no other “right” afforded the populace that the vast majority would not use, and in fact, are repulsed by.

You?

I know of no other “right” afforded the populace that the vast majority would not use, and in fact, are repulsed by.

You?
The populace doesn't care all that much about who marries who. Non issue. Live and let live. It's not my business who you marry.

The populace doesn't care all that much about who marries who. Non issue. Live and let live. It's not my business who you marry.

Except when asked who they would marry.

This is a solution desperately in seek of a problem.

Just abolish the word marriage. Problem solved.
Why?

The standard that marriage exists for a reason is still valid.

Look at the qualifications.

Any two consenting adults, not too closely related can join in this union.

Now for opposite sex couples those qualifications make incredible sense.

They make far less sense for same sex couples as the need for the state to stop incest is not applicable. A same sex couple couple cannot breed.

Now, it might make some sense to include same sex gay couples in those qualifications, because of grooming of children, but with same sex heterosexual couples, even that seems too strict a qualification.

In todays news....The bigots are relentless

Last edited:
See post 1996 HeyNorm, I'm really enjoying your posts

If you enjoy his posts you are indeed rooting for bigotry

Actually, what I said was " HeyNorm, I'm really enjoying your posts." It's very interesting that you see that line and your brain reads "HeyNorm, I'm rooting for bigotry." It must hurt your brain to actually make it through a day of reading.

Maybe it's an eye condition that I've never heard of. Have you ever talked to a doctor about this?

I might be able to help you with this strange condition. Take a look at this line and tell me what it says. "The sky is blue and the sun is bright today".

Oh, wait! I know. Your mommy is actually telling you what it is you're looking at.

Cool. Got it.

Like straight guys getting the right to marry guys.

It don’t get weirder than that!

Actually, yes, it does get weirder.

Have you seen this freak's fantasy about space aliens imposing his idea of a utopia on us?

Scenario: We are contacted by an alien life form-far more wise and advanced than we- and offered the chance to achieve universal peace and prosperity, if we agree to a few conditions. This is not in the form of a threat. If we decline, they will go on their way and we will be left as we are and they will not give us another chance for 10,000 years. At the same time, if we accept, we will be bound by their conditions for 10,000 years, enough time for us to evolve into a peaceful species. If asked to, they would leave sooner but there would be consequences- much of which will be of our own making-such as when the US left Iraq.

The conditions:
1.All religious expression and thought of religion-yes thought- will be abolished. They have developed a drug to cleanse the mind of all such primitive thought patterns which, they know, causes so much strife in our world. Houses of worship will become centers for performing arts, or museums funded by the government. Some will be converted to housing.

2.All weapons of all kind must be destroyed. Militaries will be for use in natural emergencies only.

3.Hording of wealth is strictly prohibited. Everyone need not be equal in this respect and there will still be private property, but disparity will be very limited

4.Capitalism will be allowed, but business will be strictly regulated to ensure that people are put before profit, and that the environment is protected.

5.All forms of discrimination against any group will be strictly prohibited. They don’t have a pill for that, we’ll just have to get over it.

6.Necessities of life-food, shelter, medicine and clothing-will be recognized as universal human rights and will not be rationed based on a person’s ability to pay.

7.Nations will retain their autonomy, culture and language but be must be organized into a federation of cooperative states who share all natural resources. National leaders will be selected by direct elections in all countries but the Supreme Council of Extra Planetary rulers will have the power to impeach and remove from office, anyone who violates or undermines any of these conditions. Strict term limits will be established and two members of the same family cannot hold high office within 20 years of one another.

8.All creatures of the earth and the earth herself will be treated with respect and care. The systematic destruction of the planet and it’s life forms in the name of profit, power or sport will end.

9.Capital punishment and most prison terms will be abolished worldwide. Minor offenses will be treated as behavioral health and educational issues with the emphasis on rehabilitation. Serious crimes such as violent offenses and white collar theft will be dealt with as described in # 10 below.

10.While these aliens will be inconspicuous in our daily lives-they may even live among us in human form- they will be vigilant, and take action when needed. Anyone not complying with these conditions-or who commits a serious crime- will be banished to a distant war like planet where many live under Spartan conditions and subject to a small wealthy ruling class( which they will not be part of) and the rule is survival of the fittest-in other words, much like earth is now, but much, much worse

Why is it moral to ruin a baker or a photographer because they don't want to participate in a same sex wedding celebration?
Because they are awful, nasty bigots.
Obergfell should have just done what this law does in part, force States to recognize full faith and credit. Even this law doesn't force States to issue SSM licenses.

or the bigot should sit down and shut up.

And the Religious protection of businesses will be decided before this law would ever impact it, because the SC is already taking up those cases.
And we'll just have to find other ways to make the lives of bigots miserable.

If they do it right, they will find contracted services are not PA's in these cases, and the right to free exercise in these situations overrides the right to commerce.
Right, because I've got my obsidian knife all ready once they rule that religion allows me to break the law. Praise the Plumed Serpent!

The problem you have here is logic.

Almost no one who would lose the right to marry a person of the same sex would have exercised the right in the first place. So almost no one eligible, would feel slighted by the loss. That’s logic.

Now a far greater number, would feel slighted if they were not allowed to marry an opposite sex individual of a different race.

I know I have the right to marry another male, but I see no reason to do such an absurd thing, being that I am straight, as does roughly 97% of the population.

More like 90%, but here's the thing... what percentage of the population does it have to be before it becomes wrong?

It’s gone centrist.. when the radical left ceases to dominate, even equal treatment and moderation seems like extreme conservatism to them.

Basically, you’re the trust fund baby who no longer gets a red corvette for graduation. It’s so unfair to you, but the rest of us see you as just having been spoiled

Throwing out decades of precedents on issues like Affirmative Action, Abortion and gay rights is not "centrist".

More like 90%, but here's the thing... what percentage of the population does it have to be before it becomes wrong?

Possibly closer to 5%, but why quibble. When almost everybody who is eligible to access the “right”, would even think about doing so, I think it’s obvious that this was not done in the best interest of society. Especially when it need not have been handled so frivolously.

Forum List

Back