Team Obama makes great progress on the Hill

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead kids.

First Thoughts: Team Obama's successful day on the Hill - First Read

Team Obama’s successful day on the Hill: Yes, it’s early. Yes, things can change. And, yes, the American public remains skeptical given all the available poling. But yesterday was a positive day for the Obama administration in its first full day on Capitol Hill selling the use of military force in Syria. House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor said they are on board. So did House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi. The influential pro-Israel group AIPAC said it was supporting intervention, as did the Republican Jewish Coalition. And this morning, GOP Reps. Mike Pompeo and Tom Cotton (who is running for the Senate next year) have penned a Washington Post op-ed supporting the authorization of force -- another sign that the conservative hawks are on board.

Makes me all squishy watching the peaceniks now demanding war now that they have the trigger.

Makes me all squishy watching the peaceniks now demanding war now that they have the trigger.

I know, it's amusing to see all the George W. Bush war-mongers manifesting into flower-children as we speak. What a world. :cuckoo:

10 to 7 votes in the Senate in favor of war on Syria.

McCain did vote for it.

This is such a fiasco, but as long as long as the Jews are happy then we gotta help Al Q, and Nusra lop off some more Christian heads, because it's very important that the Jewish lobby be satisfied. God forbid we don't act like mercenaries for Israel.

This is such a fiasco, but as long as long as the Jews are happy then we gotta help Al Q, and Nusra lop off some more Christian heads, because it's very important that the Jewish lobby be satisfied. God forbid we don't act like mercenaries for Israel.

Anti-Semitic much?

That was sarcasm.

But no, not liking the Jewish Lobby and not supporting Israel like a good boy doesn't equal "Hate da Jews" as much as everyone would like it to.

How does helping Al Qaeda and their allies take control of Syria benefit Israel?

That was sarcasm.

But no, not liking the Jewish Lobby and not supporting Israel like a good boy doesn't equal "Hate da Jews" as much as everyone would like it to.

I know, so were my replies.

Last edited:
Here is hoping you people start realizing that there aren't two parties. There is one party.

I gotta say it... Team Obama was brilliant in their passing the buck to congress and forcing them to put their money where their mouths are. A straight-up vote for the record, posterity, and for all to see is awesome! Brilliant move Mr. President!

And he will be granted his missiles strikes. Which will lead to a hot war, and the next presidential debate will be regarding "removing the troops from Syria" in 2016.

I gotta say it... Team Obama was brilliant in their passing the buck to congress and forcing them to put their money where their mouths are. A straight-up vote for the record, posterity, and for all to see is awesome! Brilliant move Mr. President!

Kind of sad that the kid here thinks obeying the law is a brilliant political move instead of something that's required.

Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead kids.

First Thoughts: Team Obama's successful day on the Hill - First Read

Team Obama’s successful day on the Hill: Yes, it’s early. Yes, things can change. And, yes, the American public remains skeptical given all the available poling. But yesterday was a positive day for the Obama administration in its first full day on Capitol Hill selling the use of military force in Syria. House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor said they are on board. So did House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi. The influential pro-Israel group AIPAC said it was supporting intervention, as did the Republican Jewish Coalition. And this morning, GOP Reps. Mike Pompeo and Tom Cotton (who is running for the Senate next year) have penned a Washington Post op-ed supporting the authorization of force -- another sign that the conservative hawks are on board.

Translation:

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

In other news:

Senate Foreign Relations Committee approves plan to strike Syria ? RT USA

Forum List

Back