Teachers & Parents Rip Right-Wing School Board To Shreds For Suggesting A Public Book Burning

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is basically the follow up to the story a week or so ago about school board members who want to burn books.

This school board meeting took place after the news came out. This meeting had more normal and sane people attending.

The school board got an ear full and they deserved it.

The school librarian put it very well:

“If you have a worldview that can be undone by a novel, let me suggest that the problem is not the novel"

She is right. If your worldview is so flimsy that a book can undo it, the problem isn't the book.

In the end, you far right paranoid homophobes lost. The school board voted 5-2 to rescind the ban on " sexually explicit " books in the district.

Mature heads prevailed.

This may initially seem off topic but I do not believe it is. Both sides argued at different points that supposedly some meme's posted on Facebook were able to undo people's beliefs. Now my argument has always been that was B.S. as I would always ask those who claim this how theirs were changed and of course their wasn't, it was just other people but really, this view is far more pervasive than just a few on this school board.

This may initially seem off topic but I do not believe it is. Both sides argued at different points that supposedly some meme's posted on Facebook were able to undo people's beliefs. Now my argument has always been that was B.S. as I would always ask those who claim this how theirs were changed and of course their wasn't, it was just other people but really, this view is far more pervasive than just a few on this school board.
Try that again, in a language that loosely resembles English.

Separate the school systems. Enough of this. You do what you like and let others do what the like. The fact is , they will improve by your propaganda.

I'm at a loss at the board voted 5-2 to rescind the ban on sexually explicit material in school libraries.

What the hell

This is basically the follow up to the story a week or so ago about school board members who want to burn books.

This school board meeting took place after the news came out. This meeting had more normal and sane people attending.

The school board got an ear full and they deserved it.

The school librarian put it very well:

“If you have a worldview that can be undone by a novel, let me suggest that the problem is not the novel"

She is right. If your worldview is so flimsy that a book can undo it, the problem isn't the book.

In the end, you far right paranoid homophobes lost. The school board voted 5-2 to rescind the ban on " sexually explicit " books in the district.

Mature heads prevailed.

We’ll how the next school board election turns out

The replies from the far right are funny.

You people need to grow up.

A book burning!

lol

1637163744984.png

Forum List

Back