Teacher Was Diagnosed with Cancer After a Nurse Dismissed Her Symptoms for a Year as 'Anxiety'...good job Obamacare

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Cancer does make a lot of people very anxious because of the publicity the disease has received over the years.

So the nurse was probably right.

Heidi Richard spent a year trying to convince doctors there was something wrong with her body, but her worsening stomach symptoms were dismissed as anxiety, acid reflux and mono.

Nurses are great, but sometimes you need to see a DOCTOR

No surprise. I had a doctor that told me a PSA test was inconclusive and unreliable for a prostate cancer diagnosis. I went to a different doctor and he ordered the test. Had an elevated PSA. Went to a Urologist and had a biopsy. Surprise, I had cancer.

How could I blame Obamacare for that?

Medicine is uncertain. In the end it should never come down to $ for healthcare. If it does the whole system is flawed.

Medicine is uncertain. In the end it should never come down to $ for healthcare. If it does the whole system is flawed.

Money never guarantees good results in health care.

People sometimes spend a lot of money for questionable treatments, and sometimes being frugal and just shaking off what ails you works out better for little or no money.

Cancer does make a lot of people very anxious because of the publicity the disease has received over the years.

So the nurse was probably right.

If the nurse was efficient and knowledgeable, he/she would have been more cautious and referred the patient to a physician for confirmation, or at least further testing.
Additionally, it's important for the patient to ask for a referral if they feel the attending Nurse Practitioner/Physicians Assistant is not doing their job.

Heidi Richard spent a year trying to convince doctors there was something wrong with her body, but her worsening stomach symptoms were dismissed as anxiety, acid reflux and mono.

Do you think this never happened before Obama even with doctors? Have you lost your mind?

irosie said:
the practice of medicine is very difficult

I"ve recently come to that conclusion. They don't call it a practice for no reason. These guys today do no better than a veteranarian. WORSE perhaps because at least an MD's patients can speak...doesn't mean he listens...nurses are even worse. They totally focus on getting that piece of paper with the letters on it and then after that....they don't know anything. I think they have to get recertified every three years...isn't that right? I've forgotten now. Spending a few hours paying some imbecile to go over antiquated material, they take the test and good to go for another 3 years of killing patients and wreaking havoc. Oh...you think i don't have any respect for the medical field? you got that right.

I"ve recently come to that conclusion. They don't call it a practice for no reason. These guys today do no better than a veteranarian. WORSE perhaps because at least an MD's patients can speak...doesn't mean he listens...nurses are even worse. They totally focus on getting that piece of paper with the letters on it and then after that....they don't know anything. I think they have to get recertified every three years...isn't that right? I've forgotten now. Spending a few hours paying some imbecile to go over antiquated material, they take the test and good to go for another 3 years of killing patients.
the practice of medicine AIN'T easy

That's not due to obummer care. That is just poor doctoring. I had the same issue long before obummer care ever got enacted. Shit doctors are shit doctors and they need to be discovered and gotten rid of before they kill people.

We're getting poor doctoring because the politicians are now giving the orders. You wait 20 minutes with your doctor as he enters information you don't see on that computer. You have no idea who gets it, what it says. Hell for all you know...you're on the list of those scheduled to be humanely ignored into the casket.
They train foreign doctors off shore with a promise of a us residency. They encourage females of all nationalities and foreign born males. They discourage white US born males from the practice. And if any do slip in, they are hammered in paper work and requirements to even stay in business. THIS is why i will not see women and/or foreign doctors.

NOR is it safe to trust your local hospital any longer.

I think too many are quick to go to meds immediately. The body has a way of healing with proper food, rest, and exercise. Problem is too many work too much and never get a break. No healing just leads to health problems. Work isn't that important.

Money never guarantees good results in health care.

People sometimes spend a lot of money for questionable treatments, and sometimes being frugal and just shaking off what ails you works out better for little or no money.

~~~~~~
That is because of ignorance and hope when faced with a death dealing disease in an impossible situation on the part of the patient and/or family.
I know because I've faced it three times in the life of my family and myself.

We're getting poor doctoring because the politicians are now giving the orders. You wait 20 minutes with your doctor as he enters information you don't see on that computer. You have no idea who gets it, what it says. Hell for all you know...you're on the list of those scheduled to be humanely ignored into the casket.
They train foreign doctors off shore with a promise of a us residency. They encourage females of all nationalities and foreign born males. They discourage white US born males from the practice. And if any do slip in, they are hammered in paper work and requirements to even stay in business. THIS is why i will not see women and/or foreign doctors.

NOR is it safe to trust your local hospital any longer.

If you think it's bad here, look at the care Brits get by both their physicians and hospitals. Then there's the question as to why do Canadians come to the U.S. for quicker treatment and surgery,
rather than wait months or years for treatment?

IF you have the money to spend, what kind of health care you opt for and pay for yourself is your damn business.

Forum List

Back