Teacher Lock-Step Broken!

So your one of the reasons our kids don't read at grade level.

Yes, she forces their parents to divorce, forces kids to join gangs, sell drugs, live on cellphones, text all night, play video games continually, disrespect authority, not attend church, bully others, try alcohol and drugs at early ages, steal, cheat, and lie....

All of what you said is complete bullshit none of those keeps a student from learning with a competent teacher. It is amazing how many ways you progressives avoid responsibility.

Do you really believe each and every word of what you just posted? Do you truly think that any teacher, when confronted with a student who is under the influence, oppositional and defiant, spoiled in every other context and/or asleep will choose to be involved in any classroom experience? I concede that, possibly, a skilled instructor in a one-on-one environment might be able, eventually, to effect learning, but in a regular classroom setting, I don't think that even the best teacher can be assured of making any real progress there. Students have to meet us part of the way. When they choose not to, and not to be open to changing, what can any teacher do when there are 25 other people in the room?

Surely, this will smack some as being imbued with resignation and less than rigor but it is a practical reality divorced from political considerations.

Yes, she forces their parents to divorce, forces kids to join gangs, sell drugs, live on cellphones, text all night, play video games continually, disrespect authority, not attend church, bully others, try alcohol and drugs at early ages, steal, cheat, and lie....

All of what you said is complete bullshit none of those keeps a student from learning with a competent teacher. It is amazing how many ways you progressives avoid responsibility.

Do you really believe each and every word of what you just posted? Do you truly think that any teacher, when confronted with a student who is under the influence, oppositional and defiant, spoiled in every other context and/or asleep will choose to be involved in any classroom experience? I concede that, possibly, a skilled instructor in a one-on-one environment might be able, eventually, to effect learning, but in a regular classroom setting, I don't think that even the best teacher can be assured of making any real progress there. Students have to meet us part of the way. When they choose not to, and not to be open to changing, what can any teacher do when there are 25 other people in the room?

Surely, this will smack some as being imbued with resignation and less than rigor but it is a practical reality divorced from political considerations.

If you cant handle this then find a new profession cause thats the job.

I have been handling it nicely for almost 20 years, thanks. I don't think that you fully understand what the job is. Can you imagine telling a doctor "it is your job to heal him, whether or not he takes the medicine, makes the dietary changes, avoids the behavior or cares enough even to come to your office. Fix him."

I have been handling it nicely for almost 20 years, thanks. I don't think that you fully understand what the job is. Can you imagine telling a doctor "it is your job to heal him, whether or not he takes the medicine, makes the dietary changes, avoids the behavior or cares enough even to come to your office. Fix him."
I understand you keep trying to find excuses for failure. Any other profession would see you fired if you failed and tried passing the blame on to the customer.

I understand you keep trying to find excuses for failure. Any other profession would see you fired if you failed and tried passing the blame on to the customer.

I'm curious -- by what metric do you have evidence to support your claim of my failure? And what knowledge base do you use to inform your opinion of what makes for successful teaching?

I'm curious -- by what metric do you have evidence to support your claim of my failure? And what knowledge base do you use to inform your opinion of what makes for successful teaching?

I was using you in the generic sense cause I really don't know how bad you are at your job...

This shows how ignorant you are on this issue.

Want to use the business model?

We will get our raw material from another supplier because much of what we are getting now is sub-par.

With your grammer I hope you have no kids....for the sake of a school somewhere.

This shows how ignorant you are on this issue.

Want to use the business model?

We will get our raw material from another supplier because much of what we are getting now is sub-par.

With your grammer I hope you have no kids....for the sake of a school somewhere.

Not surprising that you dont understand business ......

unkotare thinks screaming ad homs and pointing out spelling errors is the same as having a reasoned opinion. actually it is only a waste of space that is annoying to have to scroll past

unkotare thinks screaming ad homs and pointing out spelling errors is the same as having a reasoned opinion. actually it is only a waste of space that is annoying to have to scroll past

That hurt will go away if you stop being an idiot.

Yesterday, in Tulsa, a student at one of the middle schools was tragically struck and killed while walking across a road. I was listening to the news when they came on and said that "counselors will be available" for the students. So I did some checking. Apparently, when this sort of thing happens, the school district has a number of 'counselors' with whom they contract. When something, like life happens, these councilors flock to the school. Naturally, we pay them $100 or more an hour. So because of this incident, which IS a tragedy, the school district is ponying up several thousand dollars, to make 'counselors' available.

WTF is this? Really?? You just absolutely have to laugh at this. Hundreds of administrators, councilors, and feeding children breakfast, lunch and now dinner. So when are we going to insert that chip into the back of their hand? And I'll bet we do all of this because "we're so compassionate".

Another excellent thread by PoliticalChic. The education system has morphed into something that is very, very ugly. I say tear it all apart and rebuild it from scratch. I know, maybe we could teach them to read, write, spell and do simple arithmetic? Naw.... just kidding. They'd probably need counseling.

With the emotional problems so numerous in society, all this has (unfortunately) spilled over into classrooms
It is my theory that schools were never meant to be "Life Springs" or in roles to be mental hospitals, but that is what has happened.

Under the blanket of inclusion, we have kids roaming school halls that shouldn't be there. Schools weren't designed and teachers haven't been trained to deal with this stuff, yet it exists.

The morphing hasn't been promoted by teachers, I can tell you that. We had one teacher (middle school) that was told he had to be responsible to care for a boy that still poops his pants, if he poops in this guy's class. He refused, but it created headaches and stress he didn't need or deserve. He won an argument that shouldn't have existed.

We were told that learning had to be a blast and encouraged to let classrooms become zoos. I and others were of the opinion that 'sit down, listen, and do your work is best-order is necessary for basic learning.
Most teachers would love to go back to a time before the PC morphing.

Forum List

Back