Tea.

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
I have been a hard core coffee drinker since I was 16. A pot or two a day was not uncommon. but recently i have found that coffee is not agreeing with me.

I started exploring the world of teas and I am enjoying trying different ones.

Any experienced tea drinkers out there with some suggestions?

I prefer to steep loose tea in a small pot.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

I have been a hard core coffee drinker since I was 16. A pot or two a day was not uncommon. but recently i have found that coffee is not agreeing with me.

I've discovered a bottle brand, Real Leaf Tea, which is fantastic. It's meant to be enjoyed cold, but I heated some up in the microwave one time, and it tasted fine. I HIGHLY recommend this brand. It tastes great, and it's sold at a VERY affordable price.

Generally speaking, there are three kinds of tea: black, green and oolong. Black is the strongest, green the weakest, oolong is in between and has a sort of smoky flavor to it.

I drink a lot of tea. Earl Gray is my favorite black. I also enjoy a plain green. If you like the loose leaf, it's a little more work but you get to decide how much to put in the diffuser to make your perfect cup of tea. Have fun!

The best hot tea I have ever had was in England. I haven't had that in 20 years. l would kill for that. I had milk and sugar in it. Outside of that, I drink unsweetened ice tea or coffee.

Compost mentioned Earl Grey ... Black tea with a bit of lime.
It is very enjoyable and will satisfy the caffeine enthusiast.

I find Bigelow makes a wonderful blend of Earl Grey with a hardier taste than most other brands (even in the bags).
Bigelow also makes a hardy Vanilla-Chai Spiced Tea (in the bag) that is good when you want something different.
Yogi makes a Sweet Tangerine Green Tea that is tasty (in the bag).

For loose-leaf tea ... Private Selections (Kroger Co.) and Signature Reserve (Better Living Brands LLC) make a broad range of choices.
They make everything from a Peach-Lemon Herbal Tea (caffeine-free) to a Pomegranate-Passionfruit Black Tea (stout), in the tin.
Those brands are available at Kroger, Albertsons, Randall's and select retailers.

I like the Bigelow Earl Grey too. Also good is Republic of Tea (online) Earl "Greyer". Rep of Tea has a nice plain green called the people's green or something like that. They also have some good deals for heavy drinkers...a free tin of your choice after you buy a certain amount etc

I've discovered a bottle brand, Real Leaf Tea, which is fantastic. It's meant to be enjoyed cold, but I heated some up in the microwave one time, and it tasted fine. I HIGHLY recommend this brand. It tastes great, and it's sold at a VERY affordable price.
Correction - The brand name is Pure Leaf Tea, and SHOULD be available at your local grocery stores.

Forum List

Back