Tea.

Blues Man

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been a hard core coffee drinker since I was 16. A pot or two a day was not uncommon. but recently i have found that coffee is not agreeing with me.

I started exploring the world of teas and I am enjoying trying different ones.

Any experienced tea drinkers out there with some suggestions?

I prefer to steep loose tea in a small pot.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have been a hard core coffee drinker since I was 16. A pot or two a day was not uncommon. but recently i have found that coffee is not agreeing with me.

I've discovered a bottle brand, Real Leaf Tea, which is fantastic. It's meant to be enjoyed cold, but I heated some up in the microwave one time, and it tasted fine. I HIGHLY recommend this brand. It tastes great, and it's sold at a VERY affordable price.

Compost

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, there are three kinds of tea: black, green and oolong. Black is the strongest, green the weakest, oolong is in between and has a sort of smoky flavor to it.

I drink a lot of tea. Earl Gray is my favorite black. I also enjoy a plain green. If you like the loose leaf, it's a little more work but you get to decide how much to put in the diffuser to make your perfect cup of tea. Have fun!

Disir

Gold Member
Reaction score
The best hot tea I have ever had was in England. I haven't had that in 20 years. l would kill for that. I had milk and sugar in it. Outside of that, I drink unsweetened ice tea or coffee.

BlackSand

Nobody
Reaction score
Compost mentioned Earl Grey ... Black tea with a bit of lime.
It is very enjoyable and will satisfy the caffeine enthusiast.

I find Bigelow makes a wonderful blend of Earl Grey with a hardier taste than most other brands (even in the bags).
Bigelow also makes a hardy Vanilla-Chai Spiced Tea (in the bag) that is good when you want something different.
Yogi makes a Sweet Tangerine Green Tea that is tasty (in the bag).

For loose-leaf tea ... Private Selections (Kroger Co.) and Signature Reserve (Better Living Brands LLC) make a broad range of choices.
They make everything from a Peach-Lemon Herbal Tea (caffeine-free) to a Pomegranate-Passionfruit Black Tea (stout), in the tin.
Those brands are available at Kroger, Albertsons, Randall's and select retailers.

Compost

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the Bigelow Earl Grey too. Also good is Republic of Tea (online) Earl "Greyer". Rep of Tea has a nice plain green called the people's green or something like that. They also have some good deals for heavy drinkers...a free tin of your choice after you buy a certain amount etc

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I've discovered a bottle brand, Real Leaf Tea, which is fantastic. It's meant to be enjoyed cold, but I heated some up in the microwave one time, and it tasted fine. I HIGHLY recommend this brand. It tastes great, and it's sold at a VERY affordable price.
Correction - The brand name is Pure Leaf Tea, and SHOULD be available at your local grocery stores.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List