Tea Party VICTORY in Colo. TERM LIMITS ON THE BALLOT!!

Unless it's nationwide, all you're doing is assuring that your state representatives won't get seniority and whatever might come with that in Congress.

Hate the way its so easy to get shit on the amendment. Like last year the idiots got "fertilized embryo is a human being" on the ballot, which got destroyed. CO is becoming more and more a blue state, if not already, much to the chagrin of the mountain hillbillies.

Tea partiers in Colorado have infiltrated all areas, caucase's and delegations. We did it--term limits for our U.S. Senators are Congressmen will be on November's ballot. It is certain to pass.

I hope that all of your states are doing the same--this is the only way we can get control of this government. No more decades old senators in government that are continually lobbied by special interest groups and corporations. It changes everything--instead of our senators and congressmen putting their personal political careers and ambitions ahead of what's good for this country and our state.
It should pass, too many fossils think politics is a lifetime gig.

because people are too stupid to decide not to vote for their representative unless you tell them not to, eh?

let me get this straight... it's a violation of free speech rights of 'corporations' if they can't manipulate elections by sinking tons of money into pro-corporate candidates; but you can tell real people they can't express themselves by voting for whom they choose?

notice a disconnect there?

Last edited:
Tea partiers in Colorado have infiltrated all areas, caucase's and delegations. We did it--term limits for our U.S. Senators are Congressmen will be on November's ballot. It is certain to pass.

That may be, but it won't pass the Supreme Court. States cannot impose term limits on Federal representatives.

I hope that all of your states are doing the same--this is the only way we can get control of this government. No more decades old senators in government that are continually lobbied by special interest groups and corporations. It changes everything--instead of our senators and congressmen putting their personal political careers and ambitions ahead of what's good for this country and our state.

I hope Colorado does pass term limits. It will give the Congressmen and Senators from my state more power since appointments to key committees are based on seniority.

Good job Tea Baggers
:thup:

It should pass, too many fossils think politics is a lifetime gig.

because people are too stupid to decide not to vote for their representative unless you tell them not to, eh?

let me get this straight... it's a violation of free speech rights of 'corporations' if they can't manipulate elections by sinking tons of money into pro-corporate candidates; but you can tell real people they can't express themselves by voting for whom they choose?

notice a disconnect there?
Yep, it's huge and bright red. :rofl:

That may be, but it won't pass the Supreme Court. States cannot impose term limits on Federal representatives.

Which is why I don't like the easy ability to put stuff on the ballot to be ruled by election to amend the constitution of Colorado. Most legislators are lawyers, and know the laws and how to write the bills, can think of consequences of the bill, and the legality of it. The general public does not, that's why we elect representatives.

I mean, you think a serious congressmen would put in a law like "an fertilized embryo is a human being" up to vote without being made the laughing stock of congress, like was on the ballot last year

Which is why I don't like the easy ability to put stuff on the ballot to be ruled by election to amend the constitution of Colorado. Most legislators are lawyers, and know the laws and how to write the bills, can think of consequences of the bill, and the legality of it. The general public does not, that's why we elect representatives.

I mean, you think a serious congressmen would put in a law like "an fertilized embryo is a human being" up to vote without being made the laughing stock of congress, like was on the ballot last year
It's just another divisive issue used by the pols (manipulating the TeePees in this instance). Waste of time and costly to the state.

New Topics

Forum List

Back