tea party rep collects union disability

He retired from Northwest in 2007 due to sleep apnea, receiving a $79,000 per year medical disability pension, and becoming a stay-at-home dad for a time.

The 92,273 is from all income, including his stocks and bonds.

Just says more about how unions need to reform their pensions, and why they are unsustainable.

Tea Party Congressman Collects Disability From His Union Job | Addicting Info\\

Representative Chip Cravaak of Minnesota was swept into office during the 2010 midterm election on the Tea Party platform. He has since voted for the Paul Ryan plan to kill Medicare, which would force seniors to rely on a voucher system which wouldn’t be likely to cover their vast health needs and costs. But did you know that he’s a raging hypocrite?

Even as he bashed unions during his election campaign, Cravaak enjoyed the benefits of being a member of one. He worked as a pilot for Northwest Air, now Delta, as recently as 2007 and being a pilot means that you are automatically a union member, thus receiving the benefits of union negotiated salaries, vacations and ultimately, disability payments. According to financial records released by Cravaak himself, the Tea Party Representative received $92,273 from disability payments in 2010 alone. So while Cravaak was busy bashing “big government” and unions, he was cashing disability checks.

HA!

That's rich, isn't it?

And somewhat typical, too, I note.

Sleep Apnea is now a disability?:eek:
I've had Sleep Apnea for years! I'm on my third C-PAP machine and have used them for years! I never thought once about it being a disabling issue, not once. If a person uses a C-PAP, they sleep great! I wake up every morning refreshed and I don't need to sleep more than six hours.
What a very really a poor excuse to get disability! Unbelievable.

It's the FAA who did give him the disability checks.
Union pension and disability needs to be reformed.
AOPA Online: FAA’s position on sleep apnea

And then they wonder why Arilines are going broke and need federal assistance.

I'd say the FAA is way behind the times or, this article was written about ten years ago or more. C-PAPs were invented in 1981! I've been using them for over ten years.

I'd say the FAA is way behind the times or, this article was written about ten years ago or more. C-PAPs were invented in 1981! I've been using them for over ten years.

It was written on Jan. 13,2011

It was written on Jan. 13,2011

OK then. The FAA is way behind the times!!!! The FAA must be headed up by one of those science-hating far right wingers !!!!! :lol:

I've had Sleep Apnea for years! I'm on my third C-PAP machine and have used them for years! I never thought once about it being a disabling issue, not once. If a person uses a C-PAP, they sleep great! I wake up every morning refreshed and I don't need to sleep more than six hours.

Yep. Sleep apnea is a great disability for your pilot to have.

Yep. Sleep apnea is a great disability for your pilot to have.

Oh bullshit! Using a C-PAP nightly takes care of the problem. As I stated, I have been using them for years. When you have Sleep Apnea and don't use a C-PAP, you are truly tired the following day, when a person with Sleep Apnea, uses a C-PAP regularly, they experience very good sleep. I'm sold on C-PAPs big time.

Forum List

Back