Tax Day rhetoric aside, Americans' bills are lower

WASHINGTON (AP) -- You wouldn't know it by the Tax Day rhetoric, but Americans are paying lower taxes this year, even with increases passed by many states to balance their budgets.

Tax Day rhetoric aside, Americans' bills are lower - Yahoo! Finance
(Damn that left wing Yahoo finance site!)

I wonder how silly these tea baggers feel when they realize they are screaming against lower taxes.

Wasn't there another thread about a poll showing just how much smarter these Tea Baggers are than the rest of us???:eusa_whistle:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- You wouldn't know it by the Tax Day rhetoric, but Americans are paying lower taxes this year, even with increases passed by many states to balance their budgets.

I wonder how silly these tea baggers feel when they realize they are screaming against lower taxes.

"In the next few years, however, many can expect to pay more. Some future increases were enacted as part of Obama's health care overhaul. And former President George W. Bush's tax cuts expire in January. Obama and the Democrats want to renew only some of them, thus raising taxes for individuals making more than $200,000 and couples making more than $250,000."

"But let me perfectly clear, because I know you’ll hear the same old claims that rolling back these tax breaks means a massive tax increase on the American people: if your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime."

Remarks of President Barack Obama -- Address to Joint Session of Congress | The White House

Considering how much unemployment has increased (there are now 15M officially counted unemployed), the making work pay tax credit doesn't do them any good. The Obamunists may count it as a budgeted item, but if people aren't working, they can't claim it.

Credits for people buying New Homes are another "scoring" issue. New Home sales are dismal - and not likely to recover given the high unemployment and increasing mortgage rates.

What is scored in a bill and put into a program is often very different than what happens in reality.

(As we will see with ObamaCare.)

Tax receipts are down for the Feds due to the poor economy. Counting that as a benefit for The People is disingenuous spin given the massive increases in spending that will have to be paid for by taxpayers in the future.

Last edited:

"In the next few years, however, many can expect to pay more. Some future increases were enacted as part of Obama's health care overhaul. And former President George W. Bush's tax cuts expire in January. Obama and the Democrats want to renew only some of them, thus raising taxes for individuals making more than $200,000 and couples making more than $250,000."

"But let me perfectly clear, because I know you’ll hear the same old claims that rolling back these tax breaks means a massive tax increase on the American people: if your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime."

Remarks of President Barack Obama -- Address to Joint Session of Congress | The White House

So that means I'm fine, for now, unless something changes. My concern is that how much do we really want to skew taxes to make affluent people pay a larger majority of the load than they already are?

To me there is something inherently unfair about being able to take money from people by majority rule based on how much they make. And it is taking, it is not "asking them to pay just a bit more." While I understand the need for progressive taxation the ability of the majority to make the minority pay the bills makes me uncomfortable.

bullcrap. I can do math and im being taxed more this year than any previous year.

This is as bad as when these tea baggers were protesting last year when 95% of them got rebates.

Idiots.

I'm sure that the fact that American Incomes are down had nothing to do with their lower tax bills right?

Possibly but their personal income is way down. Personal yearly income for Americans is way down at this point. In fact it's the lowest it has been in several years. As far as bills go,i'm not sure what you mean when you say Americans' "bills" are lower. I think most Americans would disagree with you on that one. Bills only go up. In reality,Americans' bills have gone up while their personal income has gone down. It is sad but it is what it is.

Forum List

Back