Tank Davis and Ryan Garcia have agreed to fight after they both take tuneup fights

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Aside from Errol Spence and Bud Crawford I think the Garcia Davis fight imo is the most interesting fight in boxing.

I got Ryan Garcia, his hands are super fast and has impeccable footwork. Tank is no slouch either. I wouldn’t be surprised if he won. He probably hits harder than Garcia. Both fighters are undefeated, so it should be interesting

I know exactly how it ends, Davis is gonna drop that kid in short order, absent any pre-fight nonsense which results in Davis injured or wrapped up in legal issues....

I know exactly how it ends, Davis is gonna drop that kid in short order, absent any pre-fight nonsense which results in Davis injured or wrapped up in legal issues....
When I saw this I thought dude was taking a dive against Garcia

Davis does legal issues. He did a hit and run, but it’s not expected to compromise the fight

Davis does legal issues. He did a hit and run, but it’s not expected to compromise the fight
That would be exactly the kind of shit I mean, a major distraction from his training, or an injury of some kind, absent that, I am sorry to all the fans of this kid Garcia, but Davis is gonna mop the canvas up with him. I watched Davis in a much more competitive bout than most thought of it at the time, that would the bout with "Leo Santa Cruz," who probably was a little undersized for Davis, but nonetheless gave an excellent account of himself.

Santa Cruz is a hell of a banger on top of being a true gamer if ever anyone could said to be such, and again it was a very good contest in that Davis was clearly in against a top notch fighter who was giving just as good as he got, a champion who was more than willing to enter into a contest of tit for tat with Davis, and that is just how it was right on up until Davis caught up with him and delivered the nastiest KO I had seen since Alvarez planted Amir Khan!

There is no way this Garcia kid can survive such a banger...

That would be exactly the kind of shit I mean, a major distraction from his training, or an injury of some kind, absent that, I am sorry to all the fans of this kid Garcia, but Davis is gonna mop the canvas up with him. I watched Davis in a much more competitive bout than most thought of it at the time, that would the bout with "Leo Santa Cruz," who probably was a little undersized for Davis, but nonetheless gave an excellent account of himself.

Santa Cruz is a hell of a banger on top of being a true gamer if ever anyone could said to be such, and again it was a very good contest in that Davis was clearly in against a top notch fighter who was giving just as good as he got, a champion who was more than willing to enter into a contest of tit for tat with Davis, and that is just how it was right on up until Davis caught up with him and delivered the nastiest KO I had seen since Alvarez planted Amir Khan!

There is no way this Garcia kid can survive such a banger...
We will see. This is a catch weight fight, so Tank maybe won’t be as powerful as we’re used to seeing.

If it’s more of a brawl than a boxing match then I agree that Tank has the advantage.

Aside from Errol Spence and Bud Crawford I think the Garcia Davis fight imo is the most interesting fight in boxing.

I got Ryan Garcia, his hands are super fast and has impeccable footwork. Tank is no slouch either. I wouldn’t be surprised if he won. He probably hits harder than Garcia. Both fighters are undefeated, so it should be interesting
I'm going to see it live in Vegas, it could be the best match that's been made since the Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder bouts.

I've got Tank by a late round stoppage.

He's got incredible power in both hands, is very strong and his southpaw style could be problematic.

On the flipside, Garcia has incredibly fast hands and has power as well.

Some elements of their different boxing styles and personalities remind me of Ali vs. Frazier and Leonard vs. Duran.

I'm going to see it live in Vegas, it could be the best match that's been made since the Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder bouts.

I've got Tank by a late round stoppage.

He's got incredible power in both hands, is very strong and his southpaw style could be problematic.

On the flipside, Garcia has incredibly fast hands and has power as well.

Some elements of their different boxing styles and personalities remind me of Ali vs. Frazier and Leonard vs. Duran.
Cool, man. I hope you enjoy the fight. I’m sure the tickets cost a fortune

Cool, man. I hope you enjoy the fight. I’m sure the tickets cost a fortune
Actually, I lucked out. A very good boyhood friend is a professional trainer and lives in Vegas, so I'm going as his guest, plus I've got a first cousin who lives there as well so I'll stay at his place.

I'll probably post some updates in this thread while I'm watching the fight.

Actually, I lucked out. A very good boyhood friend is a professional trainer and lives in Vegas, so I'm going as his guest, plus I've got a first cousin who lives there as well so I'll stay at his place.

I'll probably post some updates in this thread while I'm watching the fight.
I’ll post in this thread too

Yes, I always do, then I compare what I have to the ringside score keepers.

By round 5 in a 12 round match, you can usually tell if they are paying attention.
I keep score as well. Extremely interesting fight. I’m hearing a lot of bets on tank winning by KO

I keep score as well. Extremely interesting fight. I’m hearing a lot of bets on tank winning by KO

That's what I'm hearing Rocko. I've been discussing the potential outcome with a few that have bets riding. I say, Davis, round 11.

Interesting card. Beck the Bully fighting Rosario. Beck the bully got knocked out by Rosario in what many thought was the fight of the year.

I missed most of bully fight because I was at WingStop getting eats for tonight. But I happy the bully got his revenge

Interesting card. Beck the Bully fighting Rosario. Beck the bully got knocked out by Rosario in what many thought was the fight of the year.
Yep. Landed "face first"
I missed most of bully fight because I was at WingStop getting eats for tonight. But I happy the bully got his revenge
He was persistent. Good fight.

New Topics

Forum List

Back