SWAT snipers in Ferguson could've prevented the 2 cops getting shot

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
The agitators and anarchists raised hell that cops had a scoped rifle deployed doing the classic "overwatch" tactic during the child like acting out the hooligans had last year.

But...a few police SWAT snipers would've prevented last nights shooting. Many of them are ex military snipers. They're trained very well. They notice uunusual behavior from a distance and monitor it.

When they saw the gunmen setting up for the ambush....they could've splashed their heads like water balloons. Or...signaled the threat and cops could've taken defensive positions.

But oh no....cops dont need snipers! Until...well...they need them.

I bet they'll have 8-10 SWAT snipers from all around Missouri posted up in that cesspool tonight.

The cops responded with the equipment they knew they would need at some point. But the loons were outraged. Now...we see the reason cop SWAT teams have big military helmets and armored cars and scoped rifles for overwatch duty.

So they dont get shot and killed.

In situations like this I fully support the Police refusing to patrol the areas. Let them burn. Then the survivors will understand what happens when idiots are allowed to run wild.

In situations like this I fully support the Police refusing to patrol the areas. Let them burn. Then the survivors will understand what happens when idiots are allowed to run wild.

Well...it seems the hooligans arent seeking areas without cops. They're trying to go find the cops and confront them.

They want a fight with the cops. They THINK it'll always result in a little harmless tear gas and at worst getting a misdemeanor arrest for some petty charge that'll get dropped at court.

They're guessing wrong. Because their peers are stepping up the violence. And at some point...the police will take the gloves off. And these little peckerhead anarchists are gonna get the fight they want.

The agitators and anarchists raised hell that cops had a scoped rifle deployed doing the classic "overwatch" tactic during the child like acting out the hooligans had last year.

But...a few police SWAT snipers would've prevented last nights shooting. Many of them are ex military snipers. They're trained very well. They notice uunusual behavior from a distance and monitor it.

When they saw the gunmen setting up for the ambush....they could've splashed their heads like water balloons. Or...signaled the threat and cops could've taken defensive positions.

But oh no....cops dont need snipers! Until...well...they need them.

I bet they'll have 8-10 SWAT snipers from all around Missouri posted up in that cesspool tonight.
There are reports filtering in that indicate the shooting was in fact an attempted assassination. That the shooters were in fact snipers. That the entire incident was a setup.

Well...it seems the hooligans arent seeking areas without cops. They're trying to go find the cops and confront them.

They want a fight with the cops. They THINK it'll always result in a little harmless tear gas and at worst getting a misdemeanor arrest for some petty charge that'll get dropped at court.

They're guessing wrong. Because their peers are stepping up the violence. And at some point...the police will take the gloves off. And these little peckerhead anarchists are gonna get the fight they want.

I would retreat to the station and let them do what they will. If they attempted to set fire to the station, all bets are off.

I can see that as a real possibility...If you were watching Hannity. They brought in Missouri LT Governor. First he is no fan of Gov Nixon. He roundly criticized Nixon for not sending the Missouri Nat'l Guard in to maintain and/restore order back in August. and again in November.
Second, the Lt Governor was notably frustrated over the lack of respect and enforcement of law and order.
he must has said "we've had it up to here" at least ten times.

First of all we'll look at the OP, then I'll address the off-topic drift.

Snipers are not perfect. There's no guarantee that they'll spot a person (or persons) lining up a shot from a distance. How many snipers would they need to monitor the entire perimeter and be likely to spot the shooter? 4? 8? 20? One guy turning a constant circle won't be enough.

As for the off-topic drift, the calendar's all wrong. Didn't we all expect that if there were violence it would happen during the early protests, then after the Grand Jury results? Most of us weren't expecting anything to happen now.

Because the timing's all wrong.

The Justice Department report is out and very public, personnel are being fired or resigning... repairs are being made in other words. There's a long way to go, but it's a good start.

There's no reason at all for shooting the cops. Not that there was reason before, mind, but in the heat of the moment people can do stupid things. The rage has had more than enough time to die down.

Could those cops have been shot because they were whistleblowers?
Could professional shooters have been brought in by someone who has a lot to gain from the unrest?
Could the cops be targeted for some unrelated reason and the shootings happened during the vigil in order to hide the real reason?

We don't know why the shootings occurred.

So don't consider speculation to be fact.

...Aaaaannndd the Chief says that the shooter could have been aiming at the protesters for all he knows. The cops have no idea who the shooter is or why he did it.

...Aaaaannndd the Chief says that the shooter could have been aiming at the protesters for all he knows. The cops have no idea who the shooter is or why he did it.

I doubt anyone believes the shooters were going after the protesters....

At some point it might be a good idea to let the protestors do what they want.
They want to set fires and loot and shoot at people maybe we should let them....
At first sight of a fire, dispatch fire trucks and police to assist...

First sign of trouble...Pull everyone back and let it all burn... Fuck em.

I hope you're right. a couple of Bradleys would be better.

Fuck Bradleys: M60A3 and M1 tanks from the National Guard, their cannons loaded with canister shot, machine guns loaded and cocked, and flamethrowers filled and primed. Time for a hard curfew: dusk to dawn, with violators shot on sight.

First of all we'll look at the OP, then I'll address the off-topic drift.

Snipers are not perfect. There's no guarantee that they'll spot a person (or persons) lining up a shot from a distance. How many snipers would they need to monitor the entire perimeter and be likely to spot the shooter? 4? 8? 20? One guy turning a constant circle won't be enough.

As for the off-topic drift, the calendar's all wrong. Didn't we all expect that if there were violence it would happen during the early protests, then after the Grand Jury results? Most of us weren't expecting anything to happen now.

Because the timing's all wrong.

The Justice Department report is out and very public, personnel are being fired or resigning... repairs are being made in other words. There's a long way to go, but it's a good start.

There's no reason at all for shooting the cops. Not that there was reason before, mind, but in the heat of the moment people can do stupid things. The rage has had more than enough time to die down.

Could those cops have been shot because they were whistleblowers?
Could professional shooters have been brought in by someone who has a lot to gain from the unrest?
Could the cops be targeted for some unrelated reason and the shootings happened during the vigil in order to hide the real reason?

We don't know why the shootings occurred.

So don't consider speculation to be fact.

If that is the case...could they have been shot by other cops?

Forum List

Back