Getting Evaluated for Glasses/Contacts

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Most of us have gone through the exasperating process of having out eyes evaluated for glasses. The eye doctor puts your head in that contraption, then inserts a number of alternate lenses in each side, and asks you which lens is better..."First one, or the second...second or third..." Oh, pleeeeeeeze. Just pick one I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE!

Switching gears now, I have a good monocular that i use for birdwatching & such. The monocular has a main lens and a fine-tuning mechanism on the side that allows me to bring the object into perfect focus. Can you see where I'm going with this?

Why can't the world's eye doctors invent an apparatus that allows the patient to simply fine tune his own lens, then have a digital readout that the doctor can use to fine tune the prescription? Do it with one eye then the other. What could be simpler than that?

Then, when they get done with that they can invent surgical skin-glue that makes stitches obsolete, and artificial cartilage.

Dumb-asses.

Most of us have gone through the exasperating process of having out eyes evaluated for glasses. The eye doctor puts your head in that contraption, then inserts a number of alternate lenses in each side, and asks you which lens is better..."First one, or the second...second or third..." Oh, pleeeeeeeze. Just pick one I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE!

Switching gears now, I have a good monocular that i use for birdwatching & such. The monocular has a main lens and a fine-tuning mechanism on the side that allows me to bring the object into perfect focus. Can you see where I'm going with this?

Why can't the world's eye doctors invent an apparatus that allows the patient to simply fine tune his own lens, then have a digital readout that the doctor can use to fine tune the prescription? Do it with one eye then the other. What could be simpler than that?

Then, when they get done with that they can invent surgical skin-glue that makes stitches obsolete, and artificial cartilage.

Dumb-asses.

What a fascinating topic............................ ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz....... can't wait to get your views on toe-nail clipping........

Dumb-asses.

What a fascinating topic............................ ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz....... can't wait to get your views on toe-nail clipping........
Flex Ability IS KEY. They grow more evenly when nibbled to length

Forum List

Back