Suspect named in Pressley murder

yeah, and it kinda makes this more of a sex crime than a race crime
he defeated his own premise

The teacher he raped in Marianna was black. So, you're probably right.

However, why did he not beat/kill the other woman?

Some are saying that Anne put up a fight, and that likely angered him. Also, as I said earlier, it's possible Anne said something to set him off. We'll find out in time, but the fact that he raped a black woman and raped/mutilated a white woman won't work well for his defense.

The teacher he raped in Marianna was black. So, you're probably right.

However, why did he not beat/kill the other woman?

Some are saying that Anne put up a fight, and that likely angered him. Also, as I said earlier, it's possible Anne said something to set him off. We'll find out in time, but the fact that he raped a black woman and raped/mutilated a white woman won't work well for his defense.

Hmmmm ....... could this suggest that this fine upstanding gentleman might have racist tendencies??

Hmmmm ....... could this suggest that this fine upstanding gentleman might have racist tendencies??

Well Sylver I don't know if he is racist of not. but, what he said, which you high lighted in blue is more realistic. I could easily see if need be, the prosecutor taking that tone and using those facts and running with it, in an attempt to force the death penalty. As if rape, the beating and murder were not bad enough.

I think all of us will have to accept that some things, some of the facts, we may never know and no one else may not either. It's truly sad that humanity can sunk this low for acts like this to happen, but, it goes on around the world daily. Maybe some day we as creatures can mature beyond such a pitiful existence.

Well Sylver I don't know if he is racist of not. but, what he said, which you high lighted in blue is more realistic. I could easily see if need be, the prosecutor taking that tone and using those facts and running with it, in an attempt to force the death penalty. As if rape, the beating and murder were not bad enough.

I think all of us will have to accept that some things, some of the facts, we may never know and no one else may not either. It's truly sad that humanity can sunk this low for acts like this to happen, but, it goes on around the world daily. Maybe some day we as creatures can mature beyond such a pitiful existence.
no kidding
i dont really care WHY he did it, its that he DID it

the DNA is from the other rape, unless there is new info i havent seen

No. The DNA is from Pressly's home. However, in comparing it to the DNA they collected from Vance, they also found that he was responsible for the rape in Marianna. Did you read the article?

Last edited:
The one Sylverfoxx linked and the one you commented on. :confused:
i think you missread it

Forensic evidence gathered at the home of a slain television anchorwoman led police to a man now also suspected of raping a school teacher in eastern Arkansas, officials said Friday.
not DNA evidence
the DNA lead them to the teachers rape

i think you missread it

not DNA evidence
the DNA lead them to the teachers rape

You must be really illiterate.

Little Rock police traveled 90 miles east to Marianna this week after DNA collected at Pressly's home matched that from an unsolved April rape in the town, McCree said.

On Tuesday, Vance voluntarily went to the Marianna police department to speak with Little Rock detectives and give a DNA sample, McCree said. By Wednesday, tests showed the sample matched and police tried to arrest Vance in Marianna but couldn't find him, the detective said.

This is precisely what I JUST said. What you said was:

the DNA is from the other rape, unless there is new info i havent seen

Which is absolutely wrong. The DNA is from both cases.

Seriously. Learn to read.

Forum List

Back