Survey: 1 in 2 Americans say their overall financial situation is worse now than it was before Biden was elected

Nope, not everyone. But it seems that 21% of us have something similar going on.

Just showing that saying you are better off now than in 2020 does not mean you are lying.
No matter how you spin it, the vast overwhelming number of Americans are worse off now.

1) Record number of adults between the ages of 25 and 30 are still living with their parents.
Because they have no bills, of course their financial situation is going to be better. Even though they are too stupid to realize that they can't afford rent or a mortgage.
2) Three times as many of people are receiving food stamps now than in 2019.
3) Home ownership is falling. Home price increases is the highest recorded in 24 years.

And 35 other items such as this.

This will be the Democrats undoing in 2024. You guys are all trying to convince people that the economy is awesome.
They don't believe you.

No matter how you spin it, the vast overwhelming number of Americans are worse off now.

never said otherwise.

1) Record number of adults between the ages of 25 and 30 are still living with their parents.
Because they have no bills, of course their financial situation is going to be better. Even though they are too stupid to realize that they can't afford rent or a mortgage.
3) Home ownership is falling. Home price increases is the highest recorded in 24 years.

You of course have links to 1, 2 and 3? Correct?

This will be the Democrats undoing in 2024.

It very well might be.

You guys are all trying to convince people that the economy is awesome.
They don't believe you.

Not sure who "you guys" are as I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. The mere fact we are going to be stuck choosing between Trump and Biden for the 2nd election is more than enough for me to know the country is pretty fucked and was the final straw to convince the wife and I we need to look for somewhere else to live in retirement in a few years

Food and gasoline prices are higher and I'm just thankful I am a high wage earner. I feel sorry for fellow Americans that are not as fortunate.

Build back worse.

And on top of all that are some 7 million illegals Biden welcomed in.

Since the November 2020 presidential election, Americans have faced numerous headwinds as they recover from the economic effects of COVID-19, including rising inflation, rising interest rates and wages that aren’t rising fast enough to match. Now, 50 percent of U.S. adults say their overall financial situation is worse than it was three years ago (i.e. since the November 2020 general election), according to a new Bankrate survey.
Those economic challenges are likely to have a major impact on 2024 presidential election votes, as 89 percent of Americans say the issue of handling the economy will be very important or somewhat important when determining their vote in the 2024 presidential election.
Coincidentally, over the past three years, President Joe Biden’s impact on the economy has been hotly debated: Around 2 in 3 (67 percent) of Republicans and 59 percent of Independents say their overall personal financial situation has gotten worse since November 2020, while only 31 percent of Democrats say the same.
...​
American financial attitudes are bleak. 50% of U.S. adults say their overall financial situation is worse than it was in November 2020. 26% say it’s about the same and 21% say it’s better​
...​

And yet, they will still likely vote for democrats....as they did in California, as they do in Chicago.

The policies of the democrat party cause the deaths of 10s of thousands of young black males every single year, in the thousands in Chicago alone...the policies of the democrat party trap minority children in generational poverty and crime.......and these parents march out and vote for the democrat party every single year..........

Food and gasoline prices are higher and I'm just thankful I am a high wage earner. I feel sorry for fellow Americans that are not as fortunate.

I feel sorry for the Americans who didn't vote for the democrats.....anyone voting for the democrats voted to be raped in the economy....

And 35 other items such as this.

This will be the Democrats undoing in 2024. You guys are all trying to convince people that the economy is awesome.
They don't believe you.

And what will they do when their parents die?

It’s not really a good idea to compare anything to 2020, especially financial situations.

2020 was the strangest year of our lifetime. Everyone had money because they were either working or on generous unemployment benefits. Everyone was receiving big government checks. No one could spend their money even if they wanted to.

Disposable income and bank accounts swelled massively in 2020, which was an aberration and could never be sustained.

1 in 2?
With gas prices, mortgage rates and inflation in general, I'm not sure how anyone can claim they are as well off, or better off financially.

And did 90% add that their mental well being had suffered drastically since they realised that their President was a pants pissing and dementia ridden puppet ?

Or their salaries have increased more than inflation and they are driving less due to working from home thus the rise in the price of gas has not had much impact, and it has been the main driver of inflation.

Couple this with moving into a new, smaller home so even though the energy rates might have gone up, they are still paying less than they were in 2020.
Twister Champ of 2023

sorry that you are suffering and your life sucks, but not all of us base our prosperity and happiness on the resident of the White House
My life is actually really good. It’s fun laughing at the idiot in the WH. But there is no way people can say they are better off financially and be honest under Biden. Even if you are earning more you are also paying a lot more for everything and that in no way better for personal finances. Now if people want to lie and claim they are better off, fine I’ve already recognized those folks are liars.

It’s fun laughing at the idiot in the WH.

Indeed, I have been doing that this entire century, as they all have qualified.

Even if you are earning more you are also paying a lot more for everything and that in no way better for personal finances.

I am brining in more than I am paying extra for those changes, so yes it am better off than I was in 2020.

Now if people want to lie and claim they are better off, fine I’ve already recognized those folks are liars.

Between the wife and I we are making about 30% more than we were in 2020. Our housing expense is less as is our energy expense. I drive about 75% less than I did prior to COVID so even the gas being higher is not a big deal to me.

You might be doing worse, but do not assume everyone sucks as much as you

Indeed, I have been doing that this entire century, as they all have qualified.

I am brining in more than I am paying extra for those changes, so yes it am better off than I was in 2020.

Between the wife and I we are making about 30% more than we were in 2020. Our housing expense is less as is our energy expense. I drive about 75% less than I did prior to COVID so even the gas being higher is not a big deal to me.

You might be doing worse, but do not assume everyone sucks as much as you
I feel sorry you revived such a poor education in financial literacy. I am worse off because the country is worse off. I’m not such a self centered prick as to view my situation in a bubble, I see you have no issue with that.

Forum List

Back