Supreme Court likely to allow Obamacare to stand.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019

I post this as someone that did not support Obamacare but I have a bigger point to make.

People vote for lousy candidates because they say "Supreme Court" but really, the Supreme Court rarely makes
any sort of big rulings.

Trump got his picks but Obamacare and abortion will still stand.

I post this as someone that did not support Obamacare but I have a bigger point to make.

People vote for lousy candidates because they say "Supreme Court" but really, the Supreme Court rarely makes
any sort of big rulings.

That's because they don't want to be deciding big issues like this that were started and crafted in the political arena. Plus, you're talking about hundreds of thousands of people losing their coverage. Hopefully, this will be motivation for Congress to sit down and put up ideas to fix the ACA....jeez..I almost got that out without throwing up in my mouth.

any sort of big rulings.

Oh, absolutely!

The Court does not dare infuriate the Dems, who would go stark raving mad and really pack the Court.

The Dems have scared the blank out of the Court, which knows just far right it dares to go.

Judicial "independence," of course, does not exist.

any sort of big rulings.

I would not be a bit surprised if you nailed it, Pknopp.

any sort of big rulings.

You make a good point.

Justices abide by the law, not politics.

One might disagree. But the point is that the Justices are bound by the rule of law, not the passions of politics.

However, there are disagreements in law.

And having a right-leaning SCOTUS will be beneficial to those who have a more conservative bent over time.

any sort of big rulings.

I wouldn't be so sure about abortion. Luckily conservative judges are not really representative of the GOP base. They're not that silly. But Barnett and abortion are scary. Barbarians oops brainwashed functional barbarians.... Settled compromise should not be messed with.

any sort of big rulings.

Great news now the fools who have Obamacare can enjoy their $7,000.00 deductibles forever

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure about abortion. Luckily conservative judges are not really representative of the GOP base. They're not that silly. But Barnett and abortion are scary. Barbarians oops brainwashed functional barbarians.... Settled compromise should not be messed with.

Who's Barnett?

any sort of big rulings.

Great news now the fools who have Obamacare can enjoy their $7,000.00 deductibles forever
Of course the whole point of Obamacare is to bring down costs with competition and transparency.... 7,000 is also your out of pocket limit per year so it's not a bad deal with healthcare being this expensive. Too bad the GOP is still going to block everything I suppose.

Who's Barnett?
Amy what's her name the new supreme....

any sort of big rulings.

Of course the whole point of Obamacare is to bring down costs with competition and transparency.... 7,000 is also your out of pocket limit per year so it's not a bad deal with healthcare being this expensive. Too bad the GOP is still going to block everything I suppose.
7 grand ? Are you crazy..

any sort of big rulings.

7 grand ? Are you crazy..
no you are totally misinformed as always, brainwashed functional moron.

Deductibles in 2020 can reach up to $8,150 for an individual and up to $16,300 for a family

The highest out-of-pocket maximum for 2020 plans is $8,200 for individual plans and $16,400 for family plans.

any sort of big rulings.

$7000 would wipe out someone making 20k. There is no competition. Luckily here in WV we did open up Medicaid for the poor but if you make too much for Medicaid you have one option.

Little story. My son had a prescription. Went to Wal Mart where he was told it would be $560. He laughed and said there was no way he could afford that. He calls his doctor and his doctor says he could come in and get it through the clinic pharmacy for $1.

Now if he had Medicaid the state would have paid $560. How does this work? $560 or $1? Heck if I know. That's our transparency.

any sort of big rulings.

Obamacare is already the law

And used by potheads

any sort of big rulings.

$7000 would wipe out someone making 20k. There is no competition. Luckily here in WV we did open up Medicaid for the poor but if you make too much for Medicaid you have one option.

Little story. My son had a prescription. Went to Wal Mart where he was told it would be $560. He laughed and said there was no way he could afford that. He calls his doctor and his doctor says he could come in and get it through the clinic pharmacy for $1.

Now if he had Medicaid the state would have paid $560. How does this work? $560 or $1? Heck if I know. That's our transparency.
Yes it sucks and yes it is a GOP scam as is still, but it's a hell of a lot better with Obamacare. The person making $20,000 a year pays almost nothing in premiums. 75% of those on the exchange is paid less than $100 a month period and it's guaranteed, not a GOP scam giveaway to big health.

any sort of big rulings.

And used by potheads
And everyone else, babbling brainwashed functional bubblehead. Obamacare is a very basic framework that will be worked on and tinkered with forever just like every other health system. The GOP is a lying thieving swamp. Change the channel.

any sort of big rulings.

And used by potheads
And everyone else, babbling brainwashed functional bubblehead. Obamacare is a very basic framework that will be worked on and tinkered with forever just like every other health system. The GOP is a lying thieving swamp. Change the channel.
Explain how the poor that oboobacare is designed to help can afford a 7,000.00 dollar deductible

any sort of big rulings.

And that clinic did not just arrive by magic, it's part of Obamacare for crying out loud, brainwashed functional moron.

any sort of big rulings.

And used by potheads
Explain how the poor that oboobacare is designed to help can afford a 7,000.00 dollar deductible
The poor are covered by Medicaid, brainwashed functional moron period and up to 30% over the poverty line. Then they can go on the exchanges for almost nothing. It's an actual system and pelosi was right you people still don't know what it is. LOL

any sort of big rulings.

Yes it sucks and yes it is a GOP scam as is still, but it's a hell of a lot better with Obamacare. The person making $20,000 a year pays almost nothing in premiums. 75% of those on the exchange is paid less than $100 a month period and it's guaranteed, not a GOP scam giveaway to big health.

Obamacare gave away a ton to big health.

Forum List

Back