Supreme Court justices RIP ruling forcing states to recognize same-sex marriages - 'Threat To Religious Freedom!'

Let me explain it to you this way. The mortgage is in my name only. If my wife says get out, I have to leave. Yes I get to see the kids on a weekend or so but my rights are limited if any. That’s MA. Believe me or don’t believe me, I do not care as you’re as deranged leftist.
The mortgage in your name is no more yours alone, than your wife's credit card bill is only her responsibility.

..... Yes I get to see the kids on a weekend or so but my rights are limited ....
Far be it from me to throw the penalty flag on a fellow Bostonian, but you did say "100%." My best friend has 3 ex wives, and he has rights. MA has divorce court like all the other states.

Far be it from me to throw the penalty flag on a fellow Bostonian, but you did say "100%." My best friend has 3 ex wives, and he has rights. MA has divorce court like all the other states.
I exaggerated but you get my gist. Women in MA generally get the best outcomes.

I exaggerated but you get my gist. Women in MA generally get the best outcomes.
I would imagine that is generally the case in every state. The man does not go into such negotiations with the benefit of the doubt. An ironically patriarchal tradition of gender role expectations.

And you call yourself a landlord. I've been on the other side when I was in college. Unless your name is on the lease, or you're the spouse of the lease holder, you have no legal rights involving the rental.

Sure you do if you were legally living there. When I first started out I used to give several leases to roommates. When one left, they wanted their part of the security back. If I asked about something that was damaged, it was always "I didn't do that! Ask Kevin!" It just got to be too many problems.

I quickly learned that you only give a lease to one person, and they are responsible for everybody else living there.

If one of the other tenants not on the lease is causing a problem, I can't make them leave. I have to place eviction notices on all entry ways, and if they don't leave after three days, I have to go to court and file for an eviction hearing even though they are not the lease holder. By law, it's their home simply by living there and it's against the law for me to force somebody out of their home on my own.

Or let's say I am evicting the leaseholder. I can't tell the other occupants they have to leave because they are running up the water bill. They get to stay until the court rules that they must leave the rental unit.

Let’s just ban all marriages. Most end in divorce anyway.
Of course it is not explicitly in the Constitution. If it were the case would not have gone before the Supreme Court. The court ruled that denying gays the right to legally marry was violation of both due process (5th amendment) and the 14th amendment and if you want the court's reasoning read the majority opinion.

Sure you do if you were legally living there. When I first started out I used to give several leases to roommates.

I quickly learned that you only give a lease to one person, and they are responsible for everybody else living there.

Or let's say I am evicting the leaseholder. I can't tell the other occupants they have to leave because they are running up the water bill. They get to stay until the court rules that they must leave the rental unit.
First the rental agreement has to state who else can occupy the property, and how it either modifies or violates the lease.

Usually the lease holder is responsible for the acts of his guests, and if his guests violate terms, then the lease holder can be evicted, which means evacuating everyone and everything from the rental unit. And as an act of the court, like innocent until proven guilty, they can't be thrown out until convicted.

BTW: if there is rent or utilities due, or damages etc. you can retain the contents of the rental unit, even if not belonging to the lease holder.

Of course it is not explicitly in the Constitution. If it were the case would not have gone before the Supreme Court. The court ruled that denying gays the right to legally marry was violation of both due process (5th amendment) and the 14th amendment and if you want the court's reasoning read the majority opinion.
They should also read the majority opinion in Loving v. Virginia.

Marriage is one of the inalienable rights of man. It's so fundamental they didn't think it needed to be written down.

The supreme court had to decide if such an inalienable right should be limited.

Which is why marriage should have always been (and it has) the only kind of marriage. Government didn't come up with marriage--religion did. Government took over marriages and that was the start of the problem we have today.
Government has to be involved in marriage to issue marriage licenses. Without a marriage license there would be no practical legal means of dividing property upon death or divorce because there would no record civil marriage, possible not even religious marriages. With 70% of unions being civil marriages not religious marriages, a marriage license is even more important as it is the only proof of marriage. Civil marriages should not be regulated based on religion beliefs.

Last edited:
I would imagine that is generally the case in every state. The man does not go into such negotiations with the benefit of the doubt. An ironically patriarchal tradition of gender role expectations.
I hear that’s not the case in every state but could be.

!?!! I was kidding. If dudes want to marry their basketballs, let them. I do not care. What I do care is if you legally force me to use certain pronouns. Then you’re asking too much. Or if you ask me to turn a blind eye while trans girls compete in sports with biological girls.

First the rental agreement has to state who else can occupy the property, and how it either modifies or violates the lease.

Usually the lease holder is responsible for the acts of his guests, and if his guests violate terms, then the lease holder can be evicted, which means evacuating everyone and everything from the rental unit. And as an act of the court, like innocent until proven guilty, they can't be thrown out until convicted.

BTW: if there is rent or utilities due, or damages etc. you can retain the contents of the rental unit, even if not belonging to the lease holder.

A rental agreement does not have to state who lives there outside of the lease holder. What I do is put a number of other occupants so the lease holder doesn't move anybody else in without discussing it with me. If a woman moves in with two kids, she would be violating the lease if she moved in her nieces or nephews. The city only requires the names of adults living there for taxation purposes, but they cannot ask for the names of any children. They tried that one time and a resident filed a complaint with the ACLU. They had to stop requiring names of children.

If a friend of yours lost his apartment and you let him move in with you, got into a fight a month later, you cannot legally force him to leave. If the police are involved, they may ask one of you to leave to keep the peace, but you cannot throw him out until you follow eviction procedures.

Forum List

Back