Supreme Court election has ripples across Wisconsin

Judges were once thought to be impartial but are just as sleazy as politicians.
That's not new. Hell, judges in this area have been the dregs of the legal profession for DECADES.
Citizens united is thing isn't it.

Have you asked dick uelien about trying to buy a court seat?
That's new? Shit-judges in this area have bought their seats since at least the 1930s.

They removed area from rural Waukesha County (conservative) and replaced it with area from Cudahy (liberal) and Janesville/Beloit (liberal).
Hilarious

The minor changes did nothing to change the wingnut gerrymander after 2010.

Hilarious

The minor changes did nothing to change the wingnut gerrymander after 2010.
Hilarious

The minor changes after 2010 were nothing compared to this current wingnut gerrymander.

See how that works?

IOW: It seems that you classify any redrawn districts that "favor conservatives" as 'wingnut gerrymandering', but you simultaneously classify any redrawn districts that "favor liberals" as 'minor changes'. Hmmmmmmmm...

My liberal coworker was actually sounding like he was going to vote for Daniel Kelly over the baby killing woman... The ads painting Kelly as an "extremist" for wanting to save childrens' lives are actually making him want to vote for Kelly, as he opposes child murder.

Hilarious

The minor changes after 2010 were nothing compared to this current wingnut gerrymander.

See how that works?

IOW: It seems that you classify any redrawn districts that "favor conservatives" as 'wingnut gerrymandering', but you simultaneously classify any redrawn districts that "favor liberals" as 'minor changes'. Hmmmmmmmm...
Dude, Wisconsin has one of the most gerrymandered states in the Union.

Dude, Wisconsin has one of the most gerrymandered states in the Union.
TOO funny!

I'm familiar with Wisconsin. I live here. Liberals just scream "gerrymander" because most liberals live inside of Madison (and the greater Dane County area) and Milwaukee and don't often live elsewhere. The rest of the state is rather conservative. There's a reason why there are only 2 liberal (out of 8) congressional representatives (from Dane County and Milwaukee County, of course). There's a reason why the assembly and senate are at and near conservative supermajorities... It's because outside of Madison and Milwaukee (and some college towns here and there), Wisconsin is majority conservative (rural). It has nothing to do with "gerrymandering".

TOO funny!

I'm familiar with Wisconsin. I live here. Liberals just scream "gerrymander" because most liberals live inside of Madison (and the greater Dane County area) and Milwaukee and don't often live elsewhere. The rest of the state is rather conservative. There's a reason why there are only 2 liberal (out of 8) congressional representatives (from Dane County and Milwaukee County, of course). There's a reason why the assembly and senate are at and near conservative supermajorities... It's because outside of Madison and Milwaukee (and some college towns here and there), Wisconsin is majority conservative (rural). It has nothing to do with "gerrymandering".
Yeah, sure.

I live in state too and it is extremely gerrymandered which is why whitey radio is freaking out about kelly losing.

Why prove that wrong? It’s probably great unless that law is too lenient, in which case it’s still better than nothing.

Was that law in place when Roe happened? If so, that law is still valid and always was, Roe was garbage.
No, another law was passed in the 1970s

You have to look at the maps in order to form an argument about them. Otherwise you're just parroting others from your echo chamber...
Yeah, the state of Wisconsin has the most uncompetitive maps in the nation.

It’s why our Supreme Court race has why to money in it.

A crushing 56-44 win for the Democrats here. Good news on many levels.

It's a statewide R-D contest, so it fortells the 2024 statewide vote.

Wisconsin was computer-gerrymandered by the Republicans down to the block level, and that's going to end. Wisconsin Reps will start looking like the Democrat-leaning Wisconsin population again, which means more Democrats in Congress.

And Republican dreams of stealing Wisconsin for Trump are dead. They might have tried the "State legislatures have supreme power!" thing before, but there's no chance that will work now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back