Support for Abbott plunging in Texas: poll

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Matthew McConaughey next up? Or..is it Beto?

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's (R) job performance rating has fallen sharply, according to a new poll that shows a majority now disapproves of him.
Forty-five percent of Texans approve of Abbott's performance as governor while 54 percent disapprove, according to the survey from The Dallas Morning News and the University of Texas at Tyler.
Abbot's approval rating was at 59 percent prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has claimed the lives of more than 60,000 people in the state, The Dallas Morning News noted.
These fatalities, coupled with Abbott's "hard right" stance on hot topic issues like abortion, the border wall, guns and COVID-19 related mandates may have contributed to his falling ratings, according to the newspaper.

If you can't handle the virus, you can't handle the state of Texas and you sure as Hell can't handle the presidency of the United States.

Matthew McConaughey next up? Or..is it Beto?

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's (R) job performance rating has fallen sharply, according to a new poll that shows a majority now disapproves of him.
Forty-five percent of Texans approve of Abbott's performance as governor while 54 percent disapprove, according to the survey from The Dallas Morning News and the University of Texas at Tyler.
Abbot's approval rating was at 59 percent prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has claimed the lives of more than 60,000 people in the state, The Dallas Morning News noted.
These fatalities, coupled with Abbott's "hard right" stance on hot topic issues like abortion, the border wall, guns and COVID-19 related mandates may have contributed to his falling ratings, according to the newspaper.
Year and a quarter away, the polls matter not. Beto is a lightning rod. I think he l missed or blew his opportunity. I can't see McConaughey, but I have underestimated star power (which he hasn't been one in years, really since his pretty boy days) before.

Abbott is a Bushbot wind sock, who can only manage to do the right thing when his phone line and e-mail get blown up.

Likely to get primaried from the right.
Yep.

Meet his replacement:

022412-politics-allen-west-720p.jpg

4i6Ckte.gif

Don't you love the timid press? Can't upset Republicans by telling it straight, always have to cover their ass.

Forum List

Back