Super Bowl XLIX Predictions

What many are leaving out of the equation this year is that Belichick is a defensive genius unlike John Fox. Bill Parcells never won a SuperBowl without Belichick by his side. I trust in Belichick (yes, I did say trust) to devise a defensive game plan to checkmate the Hawks. I'm banking on a lack of depth in Seattles offense to beat a Belichick defense.
They key is to stop the run and make Wilson pass. How many interceptions did Wilson throw against GB?

poor example since three of them were not his fault.the rain was a big factor causing the ball to bounce of kearses hands.your forgetting that rogers had trouble throwing the football as well throwing two interceptions since it affected him as well.

NE's run defense is not that good either,they may stop him in the first half but by the second,they will wear down as beastmode always wears down defenses that are stronger than the pats.

Kearse and Baldwin are mediocre at best.

Really?
During the 2014 playoffs...
......................... .
Rank Rec Target Yds

3 Julian Edelman, WR NE 17 25 172

4 Jermaine Kearse, WR SEA 4 9 164

6 Doug Baldwin, WR SEA 9 13 144

7 Rob Gronkowski, TE NE 10 21 136

-Top two receivers for NE gained 308 yds during the 2014 playoffs

-Top two receivers for SEA gained 308 yds during the 2014 playoffs

Doesn't mean anything. They were not playing the best defense in football.

What many are leaving out of the equation this year is that Belichick is a defensive genius unlike John Fox. Bill Parcells never won a SuperBowl without Belichick by his side. I trust in Belichick (yes, I did say trust) to devise a defensive game plan to checkmate the Hawks. I'm banking on a lack of depth in Seattles offense to beat a Belichick defense.
They key is to stop the run and make Wilson pass. How many interceptions did Wilson throw against GB?

poor example since three of them were not his fault.the rain was a big factor causing the ball to bounce of kearses hands.your forgetting that rogers had trouble throwing the football as well throwing two interceptions since it affected him as well.

NE's run defense is not that good either,they may stop him in the first half but by the second,they will wear down as beastmode always wears down defenses that are stronger than the pats.

Really?
Rank Rec Target Yds

As usual Seattle's receivers are being overlooked and I hope Belichick is overlooking them as well. Revis will take away one, but these receivers also know Browner's weaknesses (double move, in-routes, and posts). Baldwin is such a precise route runner he should have success against Browner, and if Kearse can beat him on the line there will be an opportunity for a big play. Actually I think Luke Willson and Lockette will end up getting the most receptions along with Lynch out of the backfield. Kearse will probably get one of those ridiculously long passes he has a tendency to get when matched against Browner.

Really?
Rank Rec Target Yds

As usual Seattle's receivers are being overlooked and I hope Belichick is overlooking them as well. Revis will take away one, but these receivers also know Browner's weaknesses (double move, in-routes, and posts). Baldwin is such a precise route runner he should have success against Browner, and if Kearse can beat him on the line there will be an opportunity for a big play. Actually I think Luke Willson and Lockette will end up getting the most receptions along with Lynch out of the backfield. Kearse will probably get one of those ridiculously long passes he has a tendency to get when matched against Browner.

Belichick and Carroll don't overlook anything. Two of the best coaches in the league. Six Super Bowls in the age of parity says something.

Browner will know the receivers strengths and weaknesses so I believe it is a wash there. Bellichick I think will try to contain Lynch and let the rest play out. Carroll I think will try to contain Gronk and let the rest play out. The other idea might be to rattle Brady early with lots of pressure and that could cause Brady to make mistakes.

Really?
Rank Rec Target Yds

Belichick and Carroll don't overlook anything. Two of the best coaches in the league. Six Super Bowls in the age of parity says something.

Browner will know the receivers strengths and weaknesses so I believe it is a wash there. Bellichick I think will try to contain Lynch and let the rest play out. Carroll I think will try to contain Gronk and let the rest play out. The other idea might be to rattle Brady early with lots of pressure and that could cause Brady to make mistakes.

Well the Seahawks don't blitz very much at all. They rely on their front four to apply the pressure and it's rare that they send extra men. I imagine Wilson will get sacked three times and Brady twice but Seattle does harass the quarterback a lot. They don't get the sack as often as other teams but they get hits and hurries A LOT. The other thing that I think really plays into Seattle's favor is how well they tackle. When yo watch the Patriots / Colts game you saw players breaking a lot of tackles for New England. Every team allows a broken tackle every now and then but Seattle is exceptionally good at limiting yards after contact and they are SO fast and flood to the ball so quickly.

I can see Brady having initial success in short passes (forget trying to go deep on Seattle, they are the best in the NFL at stopping the deep pass)...I can see Brady connecting a lot of short passes but the Seahawks close and tackle so quickly and so efficiently...man it's hard for me to see the Patriots making much of it after the catch. We'll see.

Just a side note and off topic. Did anyone see the story about the Seattle smoke shop selling Seahawks joints? :lol: No I am not kidding. Sold 1,000 packs at $70 a pack (That's $70,000 for the mathematically challenged) in under an hour. Man I am in the wrong business. :lmao:

Really?
Rank Rec Target Yds

Seattle's receivers overlooked? Man I'm counting on Baldwin to give the Pats three interceptions, like he did for GB.

Really?
Rank Rec Target Yds

Seattle's receivers overlooked? Man I'm counting on Baldwin to give the Pats three interceptions, like he did for GB.

You must be drunk. I was starting to suspect something along those lines with the bitter posts.

Baldwin wasn't involved in any of the INTs. He did, however, give the Packers their first gift of the game with a KO return fumble right off the bat.

I'm so bummed. I'm pretty sure I have the flu and I feel like absolute crap. I'm probably going to feel even WORSE tomorrow. God. :cry: I'm going to have the watch the game all by myself and sick.

I'm so bummed. I'm pretty sure I have the flu and I feel like absolute crap. I'm probably going to feel even WORSE tomorrow. God. :cry: I'm going to have the watch the game all by myself and sick.

Sorry to hear that.

If you lived in Seattle, you could get yourself some medical marijuana - at least you wouldn't care when Seattle beats the Pats 31-20.

Be well.

Really?
Rank Rec Target Yds

You must be drunk. I was starting to suspect something along those lines with the bitter posts.

Baldwin wasn't involved in any of the INTs. He did, however, give the Packers their first gift of the game with a KO return fumble right off the bat.
I think he is confusing Baldwin with kearse,thinking about the two interceptions that bounced off his hands and LUCKILY as he likes to put it on the seahawks winning,fell into the packers hands.

As fast as the Pats score, by the second half Seattle will have to abandon the run game altogether
except you are doing the same thing all the donkey apologists overlooked last year who all never gave the seahawks a chance to win that sure the donkeys were the highest scoring offense in NFL history,but all year long,Manning had not faced a defense anything like what the seahawks were and once he did,the donkesy offense did not look so great.

No matter how many times Huggy tried to explain that to the donkey apologists last year though ,it just went through one ear and out the other with them:cuckoo:

.same with Brady.He has not faced a defense anything like the seahawks all year long.dont you guys ever learn from history?:D

I knew the REAL superbowl last year was the NFC title game and had no doubts it would be a blowout cause Manning gets scared in big games and panics.

that's why I keep saying that while i think the hawks will win again,I am using the same kind of caution this time as i did two years ago in the ravens/niners game where I felt like the ravens would win,but not to the point like last year where I had no doubts whatsoever at all the seahawks would win which is why i was willing to bet my entire life savings but only was able to find a couple suckers willing to bet $500.00 is all I won.they didn't want to put up their life savings against mine.lol

where the ravens niners game,while i believed the ravens were going to win<i wasn't that confidant about betting my life savings so I just kept it to a dinner.thats the same bet i am going to bet this year because Tom Brady unlike Manning,doesnt get scared in panic in big games like manning does.He is this generations Joe Montana.thats why I think its possible the seahawks might lose and that if they win like I think they will,it wont be by more than a field goal.

Really?
Rank Rec Target Yds

Well the Seahawks don't blitz very much at all. They rely on their front four to apply the pressure and it's rare that they send extra men. I imagine Wilson will get sacked three times and Brady twice but Seattle does harass the quarterback a lot. They don't get the sack as often as other teams but they get hits and hurries A LOT. The other thing that I think really plays into Seattle's favor is how well they tackle. When yo watch the Patriots / Colts game you saw players breaking a lot of tackles for New England. Every team allows a broken tackle every now and then but Seattle is exceptionally good at limiting yards after contact and they are SO fast and flood to the ball so quickly.

I can see Brady having initial success in short passes (forget trying to go deep on Seattle, they are the best in the NFL at stopping the deep pass)...I can see Brady connecting a lot of short passes but the Seahawks close and tackle so quickly and so efficiently...man it's hard for me to see the Patriots making much of it after the catch. We'll see.

agree.as someone else mentioned before,defense wins championships.The only way I see seattle losing is if they play like they did against green bay where they come out and turn the ball over twice,the weather was a factor in those early turnovers they had and that wont be a problem this time dealing with the weather.

They wont have Baldwin returning kickoffs again so dont see them giving it up early this time either that way.as long as they play their game and stay turnover free,not more than one interception by Wilson,then I just dont see them having any problem winning this game.

The seahawks are not the colts,you cant just pound the ball running on them and control the clock like they were able to with them.the pats though as exposed in the ravens game,dont have that strong of a defense against the run.

as i said before,they were able to come back attacking the ravens weakness passing because the ravens defense was injury riddled and its not near as talented as the seahawks are.

defense wins championships.

The niners defense gets overlooked all the time because of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice but they were a force in the 80's stopping Dan Marino in 85 who set all kinds of passing records that year but could not handle the niners defense in the superbowl.

they put the clamps on john Elway as well.

then there is the bears 85 defense.

and the steel curtain and the ravens 2000 defense that shut out the Giants.

history shows that a great defense wins everytime against a great offense as evidenced in last years superbowl.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that.

If you lived in Seattle, you could get yourself some medical marijuana - at least you wouldn't care when Seattle beats the Pats 31-20.

Be well.

I hope you'll be eating those words. :D There is no way they will beat the Pats by 11. No way. You guys are forgetting, the Pats have something to PROVE now. Seahawks, be afraid, very afraid.

I like this guys thinking and his prediction.I agree with everything he says.He pretty much nailed it.

Forum List

Back