Sunny Hostin Says WH Aide Committed Battery,Not Acosta

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
That's what she said. She gave an example. She said is she was holding a cup, and you snatched it from her (touching just the cup), then you've committed a battery against her - because the cup is an "extension" of her. So when the White House aide touched the microphone, Sunny Hostin, on The View, claims that was a battery against Jim Acosta.

She claims her source for this is Justicia, which provides free case law, codes, regulations and legal information for lawyers, and anyone.

So by Sunny Hostin's logic then, it you touch something that someone else is touching, you have then committed a battery against that person ? I can't even begin to explain how absurd all this sounds. Any ideas, opinions, conjecture ?

That's what she said. She gave an example. She said is she was holding a cup, and you snatched it from her (touching just the cup), then you've committed a battery against her - because the cup is an "extension" of her. So when the White House aide touched the microphone, Sunny Hostin, on The View, claims that was a battery against Jim Acosta.

She claims her source for this is Justicia, which provides free case law, codes, regulations and legal information for lawyers, and anyone.

So by Sunny Hostin's logic then, it you touch something that someone else is touching, you have then committed a battery against that person ? I can't even begin to explain how absurd all this sounds. Any ideas, opinions, conjecture ?
The problem with her "logic" is that the mic was White house property, and Acosta had the right to use the mic only until the second the President revoked that permission, which he did before the intern tried to retrieve it as the President instructed her to do.

She thinks that this extension of oneself is the law, based on some precedent of some previous case. Really ? I'd like to see her show us where in DC statutes it says what she's talking about.

If someone could commit battery just be touching something that someone else is touching (a microphone, a coffee cup), then by that logic, if you sit on a couch where someone else is sitting, you have committed a battery on that person.

If someone is sitting on top of a large boulder, and you come along and rest your foot against it to tie your shoelace, you've committed a battery ?

If someone could commit battery just be touching something that someone else is touching (a microphone, a coffee cup), then by that logic, if you sit on a couch where someone else is sitting, you have committed a battery on that person.

If someone is sitting on top of a large boulder, and you come along and rest your foot against it to tie your shoelace, you've committed a battery ?
If you were holding something that belonged to you, and someone yanked it out of your hands, that would indeed be battery. Unfortunately for Acosta, the mic didn't belong to him. It belongs to the Whitehouse.

The problem with her "logic" is that the mic was White house property, and Acosta had the right to use the mic only until the second the President revoked that permission, which he did before the intern tried to retrieve it as the President instructed her to do.

So, what you're saying is that if I have something of yours, you can hit me if I don't instantly give it back to you?

No, rape with the couch and attempted murder when you put your foot on the boulder.

Did you ask the couch if you could touch it and did you get it permission before you put yourself in or on it?

Did you get the boulder permission to rest on it or attack it with your foot?

Vival El Stupido...

( If you believe what I wrote is true, well there is no help for the stupid progressives in life... Not directed to the OP )

So, what you're saying is that if I have something of yours, you can hit me if I don't instantly give it back to you?
The intern didn't lay a finger on Acosta.

Obviously, Sonny understands what battery is and you do not.

Obviously, Sonny understands what battery is and you do not.
Wrong. You, Sonny is a moron and a liar.

Damn, you must have a boring life. I agree with Sunny.
Of course you agree with Sunny. If Acosta would have slapped the White House lady you would have justified it. I talked with a few of you moonbats and there were some that justified the harassment of republicans that were out at a restaurant. If one of your masters tells you to harass republicans, you do it. You do whatever your masters tell you.

It was Acosta that hit her if something. She was trying to grab the Mic when he bitch blocked her as if he owned the mic.

Can't abide by rules... your pass will be revoked.

Now of course, there are plenty of other issues with his conduct. For example, this reporter does not seem to be aware of what is meant by "questions" and how they differ from "statements".

It was Acosta that hit her if something. She was trying to grab the Mic when he bitch blocked her as if he owned the mic.

Can't abide by rules... your pass will be revoked.

Now of course, there are plenty of other issues with his conduct. For example, this reporter does not seem to be aware of what is meant by "questions" and how they differ from "statements".
Also noticed that Acosta pulled back when she went to grab the mic. Acosta wanted to debate about the caravan. He clearly wasn't doing his job and making things personal. He's a democrat activist, not a journalist.

Forum List

Back