Sunak gives a generous £10 raffle prize to underfunded local school raising money to replace a 15 year old computer

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

“So after giving $3 million to his wife’s already wealthy US College, in order to buy them a state-of-the-art computing lab named after him, Rishi Sunak gives a £10 raffle prize to his local state primary still struggling to replace 15-year-old computers.” | Adam Bienkov
What a great guy. Such a stunning act of generosity in these difficult times. but listen to the naysayers carp over this gesture.
“Rishi Sunak gave a £10 bottle of wine to a school raffle. Meanwhile, £10 in cash would have bought a plastic bucket to catch water from leaky roof. Real school spending per pupil is less than in 2010. Thousands of children go hungry.” | Prem Sikka

Perhaps his greatest gift would be to call an election ?

“So after giving $3 million to his wife’s already wealthy US College, in order to buy them a state-of-the-art computing lab named after him, Rishi Sunak gives a £10 raffle prize to his local state primary still struggling to replace 15-year-old computers.” | Adam Bienkov
What a great guy. Such a stunning act of generosity in these difficult times. but listen to the naysayers carp over this gesture.
“Rishi Sunak gave a £10 bottle of wine to a school raffle. Meanwhile, £10 in cash would have bought a plastic bucket to catch water from leaky roof. Real school spending per pupil is less than in 2010. Thousands of children go hungry.” | Prem Sikka

I thought this is what you people had your massive welfare state for. You mean state control isn't the Utopia you thought it would be?

Wow. What bad optics. Millions for a US college while a $10 bottle of wine to a school in his own constituency?

British pols really need to hire good PR agents. US politicians are selfish bastards too but they know what constitutes a great opportunity to burnish their image as your everyday common man.

And your point is.......? :confused-84:

Wow. What bad optics. Millions for a US college while a $10 bottle of wine to a school in his own constituency?

British pols really need to hire good PR agents. US politicians are selfish bastards too but they know what constitutes a great opportunity to burnish their image as your everyday common man.
Sunak struggles with politics. In fact he is shit at everything. During the energy crisis he paid to have an electric sub station built next to his house. To heat his new swimming pool. The local pool was closed because they couldnt afford to keep it open.

[URL

Tummy never thinks anything through in detail. A scummy Labour Party type that is fast disappearing ---the fifth rate army barrack room lawyer . Never bright but always loud and brash . See previous two posts to see how that type descends to common abuse once they start drinking .

I know one conservative who is ok. The rest are a cancer.
You just need to know more conservatives and not just broad brush them because they disagree with you politically. I have a brother in law who hates Trump more than you and we are great friends. I call him my brother from another mother, we just can't talk politics.

That's what you guys get for driving Liz Truss out of Downing Street before she unpacked.

I know one conservative who is ok. The rest are a cancer.
What a filthy individual you are . I can forgive low IQs when they go out of their way to improve themselves and behave reasonably . But you so typify Scum . And let me remind you, that is the precise description you have employed time after time to label all those having different opinions from your own .

Its actually worse now than when Liz went mad.

Of course it is, but what did you expect when you drove out the two predecessors? You jumped out of the frying pan, bounced off the logs and ended up in the coals. Get rid of him and you will be in the ashes. He was all that was left when he came to #10.

Of course it is, but what did you expect when you drove out the two predecessors? You jumped out of the frying pan, bounced off the logs and ended up in the coals. Get rid of him and you will be in the ashes. He was all that was left when he came to #10.
If only the public had been given the choice. This is an internal tory psycho drama that we just pay for.

If only the public had been given the choice. This is an internal tory psycho drama that we just pay for.

Sure but Labour is still more undesirable to most people so maybe you have to just focus on making Labour or someone else a viable alternative instead of trying to always throw bricks through the Conservative windows. Donate a new computer to the school in the name of UKIP or something. America has the same problem. "We're not Trump" isn't exactly making the democrats the party people want to flock to.

Sure but Labour is still more undesirable to most people so maybe you have to just focus on making Labour or someone else a viable alternative instead of trying to always throw bricks through the Conservative windows. Donate a new computer to the school in the name of UKIP or something. America has the same problem. "We're not Trump" isn't exactly making the democrats the The next party people want to flock to.
The next election could be as late as January 2025 and it is called at Sunaks discretion. So we are stuck with his zombie govt until things might improve. That is unlikely but he might seize on some good news before then. The odds are that he will string it out as long as possible. You would if you were 20 odd points adrift in the polls. Sunaks personal ratings are minus 68 and that is truss territory.

Ive got huge doubts over labour.I think starmer is intimidated by the predominantly tory press and is determined to convince them that he isnt radical in any way.

It ties his hands in making policy decisions that are needed. Brexit being the main issue. Labour got burned by the brexit thing. But now the tide has turned on that and it is obvious that we need to get back in the EU.

But, despite my doubts, labour presents a better proposition than the tories. Even on a basic competency level.

The best bet for us would be for labour to need support from minor parties to form a govt. All of the minor parties are more le ft wing than labour is currently and we would see better policies.

The main thing would be to get rid of first past the post. It gives parties great power based on minority voting. Im a Plaid Cymru supporter but regularly have to vote for other parties to keep the tories out. Its very depressing. It needs to change. I would rather vote for something than against something.

Britain needs a reset. The rich are getting richer and not paying their fair share. When nurses and police officers cant afford to feed their kids then something is wrong. It needs sorting before there is a revolution.

The next election could be as late as January 2025 and it is called at Sunaks discretion. So we are stuck with his zombie govt until things might improve. That is unlikely but he might seize on some good news before then. The odds are that he will string it out as long as possible. You would if you were 20 odd points adrift in the polls. Sunaks personal ratings are minus 68 and that is truss territory.

Ive got huge doubts over labour.I think starmer is intimidated by the predominantly tory press and is determined to convince them that he isnt radical in any way.

It ties his hands in making policy decisions that are needed. Brexit being the main issue. Labour got burned by the brexit thing. But now the tide has turned on that and it is obvious that we need to get back in the EU.

But, despite my doubts, labour presents a better proposition than the tories. Even on a basic competency level.

The best bet for us would be for labour to need support from minor parties to form a govt. All of the minor parties are more le ft wing than labour is currently and we would see better policies.

The main thing would be to get rid of first past the post. It gives parties great power based on minority voting. Im a Plaid Cymru supporter but regularly have to vote for other parties to keep the tories out. Its very depressing. It needs to change. I would rather vote for something than against something.

Britain needs a reset. The rich are getting richer and not paying their fair share. When nurses and police officers cant afford to feed their kids then something is wrong. It needs sorting before there is a revolution.
From my outsider perspective though Labour hasn't been the party of the working stiff since Blair came to power. It is the upperwardly mobile Range Rover party. That is why conservatives win IMO--Labour has become snotty white collar leadership coming up with snotty white collar solutions to snotty white collar problems. People don't mind conservative incompetence when the alternative is a party that alienates you further. (same for America). They actually would prefer nothing being done than something being done that leaves them even more marginalized. I personally think the your libdems will be the labour replacement. It is just going to take them 30 more years to get there.

From my outsider perspective though Labour hasn't been the party of the working stiff since Blair came to power. It is the upperwardly mobile Range Rover party. That is why conservatives win IMO--Labour has become snotty white collar leadership coming up with snotty white collar solutions to snotty white collar problems. People don't mind conservative incompetence when the alternative is a party that alienates you further. (same for America). They actually would prefer nothing being done than something being done that leaves them even more marginalized. I personally think the your libdems will be the labour replacement. It is just going to take them 30 more years to get there.
I know a lot of labour members and elected politicians. They are generally sound people. There has always been a middle class strand in labour politics. Going back to the start.
The current split is between educated and uneducated.

Labour got blamed for the housing crash in 2008. Unfairly in my opinion. They have been in turmoil since then And so here weare today in a failing nation.

Forum List

Back