Substack tells Twitter Employees leaving due to Musk to not apply at Substack

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017

Subscription newsletter platform Substack poked fun at Twitter employees angry over Tesla CEO and SpaceX founder Elon Musk becoming the largest stakeholder in the social media company this week.

Tuesday, Lulu Cheng Meservey, the Vice President of Communications at Substack, announced her company was hiring, but warned Twitter employees upset that there would be "less regulated speech" with Musk on the board not to apply for a job at Substack.

Cheng Meservey tweeted, "If you’re a Twitter employee who’s considering resigning because you’re worried about Elon Musk pushing for less regulated speech… please do not come work here."
-----
see article link for the rest, but just like that, musk turned the tables. in doing so, we've slammed on the brakes of society and those who have gleefully "corrected" others for years are going to start whining like the crying babies they are about how they were doing "good" and stuff and give us all the countless "emotional" reasons why they were justified in doing what they did.

there was never a logical one. but these days neither side is being very logical, just reacting to the sheer stupidity around them caused by the woke going supernova on us all.

i happen to agree with musk that you protect the right to free speech, not what people do with it. yes, there is a 'mental' cost to this as you have to put up with stupid people on bullhorns blasting out stupidity at 120db. it's their right to be stupid and i'll support that in the end. that does mean people i wish were "banned" won't be. i'll whine a bit about it but then stop and realize it's on me to ignore them and not make their sheer dumbassery a part of my life.

the musk move changes everything. you may not realize it and many who gleefully shouted as twitter banned opinions they didn't like are about to have the band aid ripped off. cue the previously banned coming back in force and screaming to stir up the pot and raking the overly emotional over their own coals.

this is what happens when culture 'shifts" - this "payback".

we never seem to realize this "payback" is why we're falling so far.

anyway, it's funny to see other employers now telling to woke to go hug a root. those who have been silent over fear of the left screaming AT THEM are now about to join in and this wall is coming down.

Substack tells Twitter Employees leaving due to Musk to not apply at Substack​

...The fuck is Substack?

Substack tells Twitter Employees leaving due to Musk to not apply at Substack​

...The fuck is Substack?
most people on the internet who know enough to find dirt on people are usually too damn lazy to use the same search engine to educate themselves on their own questions.

try it. if you need me to give you a link, holler. it is difficult to type www.google.com

also, i copied the 1st paragraph in to show you exactly WHAT they were and the name of their chief. if you can't figure it out from here, then you are the problem.

It's your role as the topic creator to explain what the fuck is going on with the subject matter you are discussing.

If I have no idea what the hell Substack is, that's not my fault, it's yours. Just posting a random Tweet from some random lady asking people "do not apply to our company" looks nothing more than fucking stupid to me. So I dunno what the point of this topic was, but okay.

Subscription newsletter platform Substack poked fun at Twitter employees angry over Tesla CEO and SpaceX founder Elon Musk becoming the largest stakeholder in the social media company this week.

Tuesday, Lulu Cheng Meservey, the Vice President of Communications at Substack, announced her company was hiring, but warned Twitter employees upset that there would be "less regulated speech" with Musk on the board not to apply for a job at Substack.

Cheng Meservey tweeted, "If you’re a Twitter employee who’s considering resigning because you’re worried about Elon Musk pushing for less regulated speech… please do not come work here."
-----
see article link for the rest, but just like that, musk turned the tables. in doing so, we've slammed on the brakes of society and those who have gleefully "corrected" others for years are going to start whining like the crying babies they are about how they were doing "good" and stuff and give us all the countless "emotional" reasons why they were justified in doing what they did.

there was never a logical one. but these days neither side is being very logical, just reacting to the sheer stupidity around them caused by the woke going supernova on us all.

i happen to agree with musk that you protect the right to free speech, not what people do with it. yes, there is a 'mental' cost to this as you have to put up with stupid people on bullhorns blasting out stupidity at 120db. it's their right to be stupid and i'll support that in the end. that does mean people i wish were "banned" won't be. i'll whine a bit about it but then stop and realize it's on me to ignore them and not make their sheer dumbassery a part of my life.

the musk move changes everything. you may not realize it and many who gleefully shouted as twitter banned opinions they didn't like are about to have the band aid ripped off. cue the previously banned coming back in force and screaming to stir up the pot and raking the overly emotional over their own coals.

this is what happens when culture 'shifts" - this "payback".

we never seem to realize this "payback" is why we're falling so far.

anyway, it's funny to see other employers now telling to woke to go hug a root. those who have been silent over fear of the left screaming AT THEM are now about to join in and this wall is coming down.

Fascists need not apply

For anyone wondering (like me) what the fuck this company is.

Substack is an American online platform that provides publishing, payment, analytics, and design infrastructure to support subscription newsletters. It allows writers to send digital newsletters directly to subscribers. Founded in 2017, Substack is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wikipedia
URL: substack.com
Date launched: 2017
Employees: 20 (December 2020) <---

The company could be run out of a Starbucks lounging area.

It's your role as the topic creator to explain what the fuck is going on with the subject matter you are discussing.

If I have no idea what the hell Substack is, that's not my fault, it's yours. Just posting a random Tweet from some random lady asking people "do not apply to our company" looks nothing more than fucking stupid to me. So I dunno what the point of this topic was, but okay.
i gave you the source link
i gave you the first 3 paragraphs
i ensured the 1st paragraph said who SUBSTACK is

if you don't know the point then get the fuck out of it.

For anyone wondering (like me) what the fuck this company is.

Substack is an American online platform that provides publishing, payment, analytics, and design infrastructure to support subscription newsletters. It allows writers to send digital newsletters directly to subscribers. Founded in 2017, Substack is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wikipedia
URL: substack.com
Date launched: 2017
Employees: 20 (December 2020) <---

Lmfao.
so - you can use the internet. you just choose not to and be a dick.

night, johnboy.

i gave you the source link
i gave you the first 3 paragraphs
i ensured the 1st paragraph said who SUBSTACK is

if you don't know the point then get the fuck out of it.

You didn't explain HOW BIG THEY ARE or WHY THIS IS WORTHY OF POSTING A NEW TOPIC ON.

They have 20 employees. I've taken shits larger than that.

Forum List

Back