Sub Tub

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
So, the kids (being kids) wanted some Burger King and the Mrs. happened to have a coupon for a shitload of unhealthy crap. I was hungry, but wanted to mitigate the damage of participating in "the bundle." It turns out you can order a Whopper without the bread or ketchup, so I thought I'd give it a try. Basically, a box of the burger patty and vegetables. Not sure what might be in the patty, but not completely unappetizing. After some research, it turns out you can do the same thing almost anywhere. Pretty much any sub shop will give you the sub ingredients in some paper container or likewise burger joint. Not super healthy, but better than with all the carbs and sugar of the usual version.

Seems like a lot of rigamarole just to get a meat patty and some veggies.

If you don’t want to eat from fast food joints (which is a good idea) just don’t go to them. I guess that’s not as easy when you got kids, but still….

So, the kids (being kids) wanted some Burger King and the Mrs. happened to have a coupon for a shitload of unhealthy crap. I was hungry, but wanted to mitigate the damage of participating in "the bundle." It turns out you can order a Whopper without the bread or ketchup, so I thought I'd give it a try. Basically, a box of the burger patty and vegetables. Not sure what might be in the patty, but not completely unappetizing. After some research, it turns out you can do the same thing almost anywhere. Pretty much any sub shop will give you the sub ingredients in some paper container or likewise burger joint. Not super healthy, but better than with all the carbs and sugar of the usual version.

I often do that when I snack on BLTs. I'll just wrap up the bacon and tomatoes in lettuce. I don't even bother with making toast.

They don't leave any crumbs behind.

I have eaten wraps in lettuce or even just plain sandwich insides. I don't eat bread much at all. Except in the summer when the tomatoes are ripe. Then I slather the bread with Duke's mayo, put on some thick tomato slices and fresh cooked bacon. No better sandwich in the world.

And crumbs aren't the messy part. If your BLT doesn't make a mess, you need better tomatoes.

Forum List

Back