Stuff About Me

I heaps agree with you on most everything except abortion and death penalty.

Why should we spend several million dollars in tax payer money to warehouse a serial murderer for decades?

Because killing him solves nothing. It does not bring the victim back.

Adultery should be illegal? How on earth would you enforce that?

And mandatory organ donorship?!

I don't know how the illegality of adultery would be enforced, its just something I am strongly against.

Organs are not donated against your will - my idea is, that when you turn 18, you are automatically considered a donor. If you don't wish to be, you can take your name off the register by letting the donor register know.

Anti Death Penalty yet Pro Abortion.

Does not compute.

There are many people who are pro life yet favor the death penalty.

I believe in the death penalty only under overwhelming circumstances - such as video of a gruesome crime being committed and the condemned clearly partaking in the crime..

I'm against the death penalty when there is nothing but circumstantial evidence. There are too many people on/were death row who are innocent...

I would support late term abortion in some cases.
One poster her, Buford, says on his profile, he's retired.
I know not of his actual age but, for this post, I'll assume 70.

His case suggests a late term abortion at 849 months would be acceptable.

Figured I might explain my position on a few things and also share some things about myself because its late and I'm bored.

- I'm an Aussie
- I used to vote Labor, but I switched to the Greens after Julia Gillard (current PM) stabbed Kevin Rudd (former PM) in the back and stole his job
- I'm a major leftie, but I am told I am slightly conservative

My positions:

- Strongly pro choice. I am fine with abortion for whatever reason, at any stage of the pregnancy. While the thought of a late term elective abortion sickens me, I gave it a lot of thought and decided that I still couldn't force another person to use their body to sustain life if they didn't want to
- Anti death penalty - not even killers like John Sharpe (google him) deserve death. Rather, they deserve to rot in prison, and then rot some more.
- I believe global warming exists and that is a natural occurrence, which is being helped along by mankind
- Anti religion in all public schools. If you want your kids to learn about religion, send them to a religious school. Don't send them to public school and expect them to have Bible study
- UHC is the way to go. It works well here in Australia, everyone should have to pay taxes to help out their fellow countrymen

Other opinions:

I believe adultery should be illegal. Marriage vows are meant to be sacred, and if you cheat without a good reason (abusive partner, neglect for example) then you should face charges, although I haven't thought beyond that, to be honest
- People on welfare should not be allowed to buy smokes or alcohol, and welfare should be given in the form of vouchers, to prevent people buying drugs and other wasteful items
- Parents who allow their children to become morbidly obese should have their kids taken away from them
- Those people with severe mental illness and/or mental retardation should never be allowed to have children
- People in comas who will never wake up should be removed from life support - taxpayers are paying to keep that person alive and our taxes should go toward people who can actually benefit from our money
- Everyone should be signed up as an organ donor when they turn 18. There would be an opt out system, instead of the current opt in.
- A woman should sometimes, in certain situations, bear some responsibility for her sexual assault. For example, if she chooses to walk home alone, rather than with friends, and deliberately chooses a dark road, instead of s street well lit, then she is walking into danger, and people who choose to walk into danger should take some of the blame - but not much

Most people won't like my views but that is my opinion on a few things. I think I am more conservative than I thought, but I still consider myself to be an extreme leftie.

Y'all are free to tell me your opinions!

So you are anti pre martial sex? For religous reasons or...? I am anti adultery too

Not anti premarital sex, not at all. Not religious, either. I am anti adultery, and think it should carry some punishment, though.

I believe that those that are 100% guilty of murder deserve,,
The death penalty. Just take them out back and pop a cap in dat head.
As far as adultery, is it cheating when you are a swinger? Eh,eh? Nudge nudge? know what I mean!?
A wink is a good as nod to a blind bat.

Last edited:
As far as adultery, is it cheating when you are a swinger? Eh,eh? Nudge nudge? know what I mean!?

I don't understand why one would get married if they never intended to stay faithful? Isn't that what marriage is about - staying faithful to one person?

I suppose I stand in the "Why are you against killing convicted murderers, but killing unborn babies is OK?" crowd... Strange indeed.

I suppose I stand in the "Why are you against killing convicted murderers, but killing unborn babies is OK?" crowd... Strange indeed.

I could say the same about those who are fine with the death penalty, but believe a fetus should be given the same rights as a person.

I don't understand why one would get married if they never intended to stay faithful? Isn't that what marriage is about - staying faithful to one person?

Are you being unfaithfull when you both agree on swinging, ie, switching partners?

I used to vote Labor, but I switched to the Greens after Julia Gillard (current PM) stabbed Kevin Rudd (former PM) in the back and stole his job

Interesting criteria on the choice of who to vote for at the ballot box.

Are you being unfaithfull when you both agree on swinging, ie, switching partners?

Technically, yes, but if it is agreed upon, then there isn't any cause for offense, or betrayal.

I could say the same about those who are fine with the death penalty, but believe a fetus should be given the same rights as a person.

There is a big difference between a convicted murderer on death row and an innocent unborn child.

Technically, yes, but if it is agreed upon, then there isn't any cause for offense, or betrayal.

Now that we have the formalities over with(giggidy) Come here often?:eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back