Students try to shut down College Republicans meeting

If true they are wrong, you don't like what some one is saying don't go hear them speak.
Whenever or wherever a fucking Nazi shows up, there should be thousands there to shut him the fuck up.
I don't want Nazi's giving speeches either, but you are talking about Florida. The OP is about an incident in California. Are you sure it was Spencer at UC Santa Cruz?

Actually you want Nazi types speaking as much as possible, as honestly as possible. It brings them into the sunlight, and shows our system is able to tolerate them while rejecting them at the same time.
No, actually I don't want them speaking "as much as possible" to "bring them into the sunlight." Their ideas don't belong in the sunlight here or in any other civilized country. Their philosophy steals dignity and rights from whole groups of people for no good reason. They might be wearing suits and ties instead of hoods and they might be talking reasonably about co-existing just not in the same space, but they aren't fooling me. Behind their smiling remarks, this is still about brutal hate and there is no room for it and no excuse for it in this country which has its foundation in all (wo)men created equal. We saw what the KKK and Nazi's did. We don't need them back.
I've not seen any disinfectant properties at work here on USMB from allowing the racists free expression. They just find confirmation of their racism through finding a group of posters who agree with them.

This has nothing to do with Trump, stop trying to get your Strawmen in here.

Quite the contrary. The pussification of the conservative male has everything to do with Trump. You've been trained to whimper on command by the same powers that put Trump in office. They want you hysterical enough to embrace authoritarianism as a "cure" for what frightens you.

Do you support suppressing meetings of groups of people you disagree with?

Obviously not, as I'm a liberal. That's how we differ.

3 dumb college students yelled at people, and properly got arrested for it, and all the liberals say "good". In response, you're having a weepy meltdown about how oppressed you are. How do you think that looks to normal people?

Loud college students have _zero_ power in this country. They're not a threat to anyone. Shrieking about them is a "but both sides do it!" big lie that your side uses to justify authoritarianism. our side isn't threatening to shut down media, or rounding up people for not having the right papers. That's all you. All of the authoritarianism is on your side.

Those Students, men and women, stayed in the room for 2 hours while the progressive idiots harassed them, waiting for the cops to show up.

Blah blah blah you fascist prick.

You'd deny having a mother before accepting what your left has become huh?

^^^ Triggered.

There have been loud stupid college students my whole life. It's only recently that conservatives have started wetting the bed about them, because their cult has trained them to be helpless hysterical babymen.

^^^^sucks cock if it's progressive enough.

You'd deny having a mother before accepting what your left has become huh?

^^^ Triggered.

There have been loud stupid college students my whole life. It's only recently that conservatives have started wetting the bed about them, because their cult has trained them to be helpless hysterical babymen.

How come you project so often? Here we have snowflakes who consistently attack their opposition in favor of controlled speech and thought. As if that's a historical trend, and you twist things around and call your opponent's snowflakes. You are intellectually dishonest.

Students storm library, shut down College Republicans meeting

Heeding Adamian’s call, student activists disrupted the meeting by banging open the door to the meeting space and shouting accusations that the members were “fascists,” “racists,” and “white supremacists.”

According to the UCSC College Republicans, their offers to discuss the concerns of the protesters were met with exclamations that “dialogue is violence,” after which the protesters called the club’s presence a “threat to the library” and demanded that the CR members vacate the space immediately.

The protesters even reportedly berated library staff members when they refused to shut down the pre-approved meeting. One staff member eventually asked the CR members to leave in order to end the disturbance, but meeting attendees chose to respond by sitting quietly and refusing to leave the area.

Here the College Republicans did exactly the right thing, try to engage the protesters, and if they don't engage, don't run away. Stand your ground.

After nearly two hours, school officials eventually called the police, who reportedly arrested three of the protesters.

The Campus police should have responded MUCH faster, but seeing 3 of the fascist wanna-bes arrested somewhat makes up for it.

On the other hand the Student government seems unable to deal with the disruptors.

Despite the group’s patience with the protesters at the time, though, CR members addressed the UCSC Student Union Assembly meeting Tuesday night to propose sanctions against two protesters who also happen to be SUA officers.

While the SUA ultimately decided that it was not consistent with the SUA Constitution to sanction the members, Lang told Campus Reform that many of the student government representatives seemed “minorly disturbed” while being informed of their colleagues’ participation in the disruption.

I see no problem :dunno:
True fascist wouldn't. Again, tactics used by Hitler.

Students Storm Library, Shut Down UC Santa Cruz College Republicans Meeting...Fascism in all of its glory.

"The word "fascism" is thrown around these days with abandon." Fascism is something fomented and implemented by a state government and its leadership, not by a bunch of students.
correct, their behavior was that like hitler and his government. one can connect the dots.

Richard Spencer speaks at University of Florida: What to know

That's Fox News.

Richard Spencer, white nationalist and self-described leader of the alt-right movement, gave an abbreviated speech at the University of Florida in Gainesville on Thursday afternoon.

White Nationalist = Nazi.

Weatherman called him a Republican, and called anyone opposed to the Nazi a fascist. It just doesn't get more fucking bogus than that, boys and girls.
thankfully folks like you don't get to just make wild claims of stupid like this. the true nazi is someone trying to silence anyone. that is the facsist thing to do. Just like these nazis who interrupted the free speech of the republican students. telling them they have no right to existence. yep pure fking nazi there.

Quite the contrary. The pussification of the conservative male has everything to do with Trump. You've been trained to whimper on command by the same powers that put Trump in office. They want you hysterical enough to embrace authoritarianism as a "cure" for what frightens you.

3 dumb college students yelled at people, and properly got arrested for it, and all the liberals say "good". In response, you're having a weepy meltdown about how oppressed you are. How do you think that looks to normal people?

Loud college students have _zero_ power in this country. They're not a threat to anyone. Shrieking about them is a "but both sides do it!" big lie that your side uses to justify authoritarianism. our side isn't threatening to shut down media, or rounding up people for not having the right papers. That's all you. All of the authoritarianism is on your side.

Give me a break dude, You and Liberals on campuses all over the country are the ones crying for safe spaces and demanding attention to "micro aggressions" which there is a very long list of. All because they and you fear... conservatives like the ones in the room in the video. The point here is, no one one the right is crying about anything, just pointing out the fucking hypocrisy eminating from the Left. Had that been a BLM meeting, or any other leftist meeting. College campus republicans would have respected their rights to free speech inside their assembly room. Here you had a moron leftist student in the room stating that the other guys very existence was a threat to him.

Students Storm Library, Shut Down UC Santa Cruz College Republicans Meeting...Fascism in all of its glory.

"The word "fascism" is thrown around these days with abandon." Fascism is something fomented and implemented by a state government and its leadership, not by a bunch of students.
then talk to the fascist students using the word.
Someone called the Nazi a fascist, and you have a problem with that? Really?
well yes, cause the one making that statement is demonstrating their best hitler impression.

If true they are wrong, you don't like what some one is saying don't go hear them speak.
Whenever or wherever a fucking Nazi shows up, there should be thousands there to shut him the fuck up.
I don't want Nazi's giving speeches either, but you are talking about Florida. The OP is about an incident in California. Are you sure it was Spencer at UC Santa Cruz?
that dude is a 5K is a nazi, he wants to silence the population. Isn't that the pattern of the nazi? abolish free speech right? hmmm tell people they shouldn't exist?

Give me a break dude, You and Liberals on campuses all over the country are the ones crying for safe spaces and demanding attention to "micro aggressions" which there is a very long list of. All because they and you fear... conservatives like the ones in the room in the video.

I've never done that. Why did you say I did?

Most likely, it's because you were brainwashed into believing crazy things about liberals, so that you'll be easier to control. That's my point. You just helped prove it.

The point here is, no one one the right is crying about anything,

This thread refutes that. It's a giant weepfest about how a couple dumb college students spells the end of democracy.

just pointing out the fucking hypocrisy eminating from the Left.

Making up stories about us doesn't make us hypocrites.

Now, speaking of hypocrisy, what do you think of the president's threat to shut down media he doesn't like?

Had that been a BLM meeting, or any other leftist meeting. College campus republicans would have respected their rights to free speech inside their assembly room. Here you had a moron leftist student in the room stating that the other guys very existence was a threat to him.

Odd. I keep saying those 3 students were idiots, as does everyone, but conservatives can't seem to grasp it. They all so love their precious victimhood. They also can't grasp that a couple dumb college kids are not a threat to democracy, while a fascist president is a threat to democracy.

Obviously mamooth posted on the wrong thread, thoughtful and thought provoking substantive rebuttals will be ignored by the self defined conservative echo chamber.

However, thanks to her for bringing a bit of sanity to an hysterical thread, whose sole source is a right wing propaganda internet tabloid.

I find it very revealing of the character of the people who are upset at the protesters and not the Nazi.

I find that very revealing indeed.

And where is the nazi in this video? you lost me there
it is quite obvious the left do not realize what a nazi really is. someone trying to silence others. which group is doing that here? oh yeah the three that came into a room of republican students freely using the library as is their right, and being told to leave and shut up. and, then state they don't have a right to existence. hmmmm me thinks 5k is messed up.

Obviously you've posted on the wrong thread, thoughtful and thought provoking substantive rebuttals will be ignored by the self defined conservative echo chamber.

However, thank you for bringing a bit of sanity to an hysterical thread whose sole source is a right wing propaganda internet tabloid.

Mamooth is a hack troll and a fucking moron, if you want to associate yourself with him, it speaks volumes about your own character.

Are you saying that this is a fabrication because of the source?

Obviously mamooth posted on the wrong thread, thoughtful and thought provoking substantive rebuttals will be ignored by the self defined conservative echo chamber.

However, thanks to her for bringing a bit of sanity to an hysterical thread, whose sole source is a right wing propaganda internet tabloid.
how you figure? are you saying that altercation didn't happen? it was made up?

Welcome to government by mob.

Nice to see people not just running away though, and kudos for them not responding in kind.

Shame on the Student Government though, for chickening out on Sanctions.

We've all seen hecklers hauled out of town halls or campaign rallies and I've always wished the speaker would have the courage to invite the protesters to pick one to speak on their behalf and give them a microphone.

For the most part, I also disagree with not allowing speakers to speak.

OTOH, I believe the RW, kkk, fascist, alt right, anti-constitution thugs we're seeing right now are dangerous. I believe that anything we can do to stop them from spreading their poison is a good thing. The US beat these human garbage in WWII Europe and we must beat them here.

Welcome to government by mob.

Nice to see people not just running away though, and kudos for them not responding in kind.

Shame on the Student Government though, for chickening out on Sanctions.

We've all seen hecklers hauled out of town halls or campaign rallies and I've always wished the speaker would have the courage to invite the protesters to pick one to speak on their behalf and give them a microphone.

For the most part, I also disagree with not allowing speakers to speak.

OTOH, I believe the RW, kkk, fascist, alt right, anti-constitution thugs we're seeing right now are dangerous. I believe that anything we can do to stop them from spreading their poison is a good thing. The US beat these human garbage in WWII Europe and we must beat them here.

So the College Republicans are Nazis now?

So you first say let them speak, but then say do anything to stop them....

What a muddled idiot you are.

Forum List

Back