Stop Antisemitism

For example, Greyman referenced Hamasā€™s use of human shields, saying it was viewed as ā€œa betrayal of the Palestinian people by their government,ā€ the report said. The moderatorā€™s note on that point read: ā€œThis ignores the fact that the Israeli state commits acts of violence.ā€

Greyman also gave eight examples of antisemitism being taught to children in UNWRA schools in Gaza, including a teacher who praised Hitler and others who celebrate acts of terror against Israelis, the report said.

One of the academics who marked Greymanā€™s paper was Claudia Radiven, who had signed a petition defending virulently anti-Israel Prof. David Miller. Bristol University had fired him for claiming Jewish students were being used as ā€political pawns by a violent, racist foreign regime,ā€ TheJC noted.

Leeds could potentially have discriminated against Israelis and Jews, legal experts say, according to TheJC report. ā€œJewish students are more likely to write a pro-Israel essay that is critical of Palestinian terrorists, while Arab and Muslim students are more likely to write an essay that is critical of Israel,ā€ UK Lawyers for Israel Director Jonathan Turner told the outlet.

ā€œIf students are penalized for defending Israel, then that may constitute indirect discrimination,ā€ he said.

After a review, an external examiner gave the essay a passing grade, but suggested that it could be improved, the report said.

However, it was too little too late. It took almost an entire year for the results of the appeal to be issued, and Greyman therefore did not qualify for acceptance to a Masterā€™s program at Glasgow University.

ā€œWe welcome this recognition that Danielleā€™s essay was wrongly failed but are appalled by the fact that it has taken a whole year to get this far,ā€ Turner said.

ā€œWe are also very concerned that the underlying bias has not been addressed and remains liable to result in discriminatory treatment of other students,ā€ he added, noting that itā€™s common for essay markers at university to penalize students who defend Israel.

ā€œAfter this happened I had an entire meltdown where I was like, my dream isnā€™t going to happen, thereā€™s no other career that appeals to me, what I am going to do, where am I going to go. I donā€™t think returning to sociology is an option,ā€ Greyman told TheJC.

ā€œI canā€™t retrain in another subject, Iā€™ve used my student loan, Iā€™ve basically wasted this time in my life. If retroactively Iā€™d known what I know now I wouldnā€™t have studied sociology.

ā€œIt was a field created by Jews, and now the hostility towards Jews and Jewish students is insane. Itā€™s really crazy,ā€ she said.

Her lawyers are suing Leeds for ā€œnegligence, discrimination and victimization.ā€

[full article online]

A deliveryman for DHL is claimed to have thrown a package in a driveway and recorded that it was ā€œsigned for by jews [sic]ā€.

The recipient of the package, who is a member of the Jewish community, reported to us that their package was left in the driveway by a representative of the delivery company. No attempt had been made to ring the doorbell, even though the recipient was at home.

The package was left in a damaged state, as evidenced in a photograph provided to us.

The recipient, who lives in a heavily-Jewish neighbourhood, received a notification claiming that the package had been signed for, which was apparently not true, and that it had been ā€œsigned for by jews [sic]ā€.

We are in touch with the victim and are writing to DHL.

A spokesperson for Campaign Against Antisemitism said: ā€œThis is not the first time that deliverymen, from any company, have made racial comments about Jewish people. For someone simply waiting to receive a package and relying on a basic service to have to endure antisemitic abuse is intolerable. We are grateful that the victim has come forward and we will be writing to DHL and expect the company to take urgent action.ā€

Yesterday, IfNotNow published a "havdalah service" for people who were campaigning for Andy Levin in Michigan - "Jews for Andy."

Havdalah is meant to separate the Sabbath from the weekday, but for these people, it was done in broad daylight, which is something we have seen anti-Israel groups do before.

This was also done in a "Jews for Rashida" "Passover seder" held in 2020 where the entire idea of a seder was subverted and perverted for political ends.

In this case, though, IfNotNow tried to pre-empt any criticism with this tweet:

To all the trolls ready to dunk on a Havdalah ceremony while thereā€™s still light out ā€” youā€™re just telling on yourself when you police othersā€™ Jewish practices.

Thereā€™s no right or wrong way to be Jewish.
It didn't work out for them. As of this writing, this tweet has been "ratioed" 3-1, one of the relatively rare cases where far more people comment negatively to a tweet than click on "Like." My comment was, "So I can light a Christmas tree and call it a Chanukah menorah? I can have a Yom Kippur feast and call it a fast? I can replace a shofar with a kazoo?"

Yet the tweet says a great deal about the Israel haters who claim Jewish legitimacy and their relationship with Judaism.

To these "progressives," anyone can declare themselves to be anything and this must be respected because it is "their truth." But that cheapens and ultimately makes worthless the religion they claim to respect. If there are no rules, then being Jewish means nothing. It is as absurd as saying that there is no right or wrong way to be a vegan, or no right or wrong way to play soccer, or no right or wrong color of a stoplight to decide to go.

But Judaism isn't completely worthless to these "progressives." To them, it is a prop - declare themselves Jewish, do something that vaguely resembles a Jewish tradition, tie it to a political cause and then discard it.

This isn't "pick and choose" Judaism. This is claiming that Judaism simply has no value or meaning except for selfish political reasons.

And if you proclaim that Judaism has no intrinsic value, then you are an antisemite.

I am fascinated by the lump of excrement "MILOON" because I have interacted
with lots of people from India--------the hindus, christians, and zoroastrians are
nothing like him-----but muslims in that country are

Forum List

Back