Stock Portfolio Performance for 2023

I went cash finally two months ago .

Expect to make a fortune after the crash when I raid the basement prices .

Probably will put at least 50% in Silver as commodities will go through the roof and Silver at current $24 will reach three figures quickly and some savvy people make a logical case for upside of $500 .
Short term the price could ride with the market and as that crashes it would go sub $20 imho .Then pounce .

Silver at current $24 will reach three figures quickly

How quickly?

and some savvy people make a logical case for upside of $500 .

I'm skeptical.

Every year in January I (my wife and I) have a nice little meeting with our financial "Professionals."

Part of the meeting is when they try to give us a warm, fuzzy feeling by telling us that our portfolio has been specifically designed for someone in our specific situation (both in our 70's), with our best interest the focus. (Our balances generally follow the Dow, coincidentally).

This year, I'm going to make the following pitch to them:

Guys, the entire financial world expects the stock market to take a serous dip this year, the only question being, How bad? If you converted our entire portfolio to cash (or cash equivalent) right now, we would have this meeting next year and the value of the portfolio would be about the same as it is now - cash interest earnings minus our minimum withdrawals.

So if we come back here next year and our balance is LOWER than it is today, you are fired. Because your strategy couldn't even match DOING NOTHING. So don't even try to tell me next year that even though our portfolio is lower, "We out-performed the market."

What do you think?
Your cash is losing in 2023.

Every year in January I (my wife and I) have a nice little meeting with our financial "Professionals."

Part of the meeting is when they try to give us a warm, fuzzy feeling by telling us that our portfolio has been specifically designed for someone in our specific situation (both in our 70's), with our best interest the focus. (Our balances generally follow the Dow, coincidentally).

This year, I'm going to make the following pitch to them:

Guys, the entire financial world expects the stock market to take a serous dip this year, the only question being, How bad? If you converted our entire portfolio to cash (or cash equivalent) right now, we would have this meeting next year and the value of the portfolio would be about the same as it is now - cash interest earnings minus our minimum withdrawals.

So if we come back here next year and our balance is LOWER than it is today, you are fired. Because your strategy couldn't even match DOING NOTHING. So don't even try to tell me next year that even though our portfolio is lower, "We out-performed the market."

What do you think?
How the market today?

Forum List

Back