Sterling bull rider returns to Lawton Rangers Rodeo to reclaim title

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Wednesday was the first night of the 82nd Annual Lawton Rangers PRCA Rodeo.
Last year’s bull riding winner Chauk Dees, from Sterling was looking to reclaim his title.
8 seconds is the goal, but when 19 year old Chauk Dees nods his head in the chute, he says the world stands still.
“It’s just the biggest rush you’ve ever felt in your whole life,” said Chauk. “There’s nothing like it.”
Dees has dreamed of being a bull rider since he was a kid, which wasn’t too long ago. Yet, in the 2 years he’s been riding in the professional circuit, he’s already making a name for himself.

That looks painful.

I spent over a year in Lawton in 1989. I hated that place. But I had no choice in the matter.

Anyway, good bull riding, I guess.

I gotta admit that I always root for the bull.

Although I've been guilty of participating in a rodeo myself. When I was a little kid me and my brothers would put our cats into a 'chute' between two sections of a sectional couch. And pull a piece of string out of the chute when the bell rang. And time how fast we could tie up three of their legs with a stopwatch when they bolted out of the chute after the string.

And we would wear my dad's silly old cowboy hat that he used as a prop when he was an undercover liquor agent to make it seem more authentic.

The kitten roping event.

It may seem cruel, but I assure you that no dogs were harmed during these events.

Last edited:
I spent over a year in Lawton in 1989. I hated that place. But I had no choice in the matter.

Anyway, good bull riding, I guess.

Ok. Why did you hate it and why did you have no choice in the matter?

Ok. Why did you hate it and why did you have no choice in the matter?

I was stationed there. That was actually the first time I'd ever seen anything that looked remotely like a desert. I think mainly it was the geography of the place. I grew up in the deep, green sticks. Everything was just too flat. And brown.

I remember evryone called everything a deal there. Like if you went into a store and someone was in line before you, they'd say gimme one of those malrboro red deals.

Your thread just reminded me of it is all.

Maybe hate is too strong of a word. It was just bleh.

I did discover, however, an appreciate for nice western boots.

Lawton seems to suck people's souls out just driving into it or just mine.

Forum List

Back