statues being removed again

Future Americans will learn about the statue removing and will view today's Americans that support this very poorly...today's liberals will be ridiculed for their blindness corruption and fascist like behavior....
Sure, by whom? The younger generations don't share your same level of racism.
You must be kidding...check with the black and Hispanic youth and witness racism on a par with the white south in the 40's....white folks are open game today....
Check in???

I have young kids and your assertion is total BS
If you have young kids you should watch this....

Future Americans will learn about the statue removing and will view today's Americans that support this very poorly...today's liberals will be ridiculed for their blindness corruption and fascist like behavior....
Sure, by whom? The younger generations don't share your same level of racism.
You must be kidding...check with the black and Hispanic youth and witness racism on a par with the white south in the 40's....white folks are open game today....
Check in???

I have young kids and your assertion is total BS
That's your opinion....
Dude, I have 3 Gen Z kids and the young in America don't see race the way older generations do.

I don't think it's right that they're being removed, but at least they have their councils voting on it, by people the citizens of the town have elected.

Instead of vigilante mobs just deciding to tear stuff down they don't like.

That's not me saying I agree with it but it makes it more palatable than the hate mobs of lefties taking the law into their own hands.

That's not to say that if the council votes the way they don't like they wouldn't rip the statues down anyway. I'd predict that 100% but that's a different debate when that happens.
Why shouldn't they be removed? Are you aware of their real history? It's not a battlefield history.

Most of those monuments were commissioned, mass produced, and put out well after the Civil War. States that did not even exist (or that were Union) were "gifted" with these monuments.

In our country at least, monuments to war dead are typically placed in cemataries or battlefield sites. These were not. Why...?

She's off point as it's not relatable to the teaching of our troubled race history.

I don't think it's right that they're being removed, but at least they have their councils voting on it, by people the citizens of the town have elected.

That's not me saying I agree with it but it makes it more palatable than the hate mobs of lefties taking the law into their own hands.

That's not to say that if the council votes the way they don't like they wouldn't rip the statues down anyway. I'd predict that 100% but that's a different debate when that happens.
Why shouldn't they be removed? Are you aware of their real history? It's not a battlefield history.

Most of those monuments were commissioned, mass produced, and put out well after the Civil War. States that did not even exist (or that were Union) were "gifted" with these monuments.

In our country at least, monuments to war dead are typically placed in cemataries or battlefield sites. These were not. Why...?

She's off point as it's not relatable to the teaching of our troubled race history.

Its the same tactic but in China they used class over race....can't you see that?....we can teach our history without dividing the people by race....and without tearing down our history....but thanks for watching it....

There is hope for you otto...at least you watched it....

statues are still being pulled.
Oh good. I am still considering Charlottesville for a retirement landing. I wondered why those fcking racist statues were still there.

Its the same tactic but in China they used class over race....can't you see that?....we can teach our history without dividing the people by race....and without tearing down our history....but thanks for watching it....

So you want a history that omits actual history and doesn’t offend your white privilege.

So you want a history that omits actual history and doesn’t offend your white privilege.

you al lneed to get off the white privledge and take responsibilty for your own lives.

you al lneed to get off the white privledge and take responsibilty for your own lives.

I already have since I do not support a whitewash of history.

Think a second Rambunctious...

HOW can we teach OUR history without dividing the people by race? A HUGE portion of our history revolves around dividing people by race. That's not opinion, that's historical fact.

I already have since I do not support a whitewash of history.

nope you are in deniel ./

HOW can we teach OUR history without dividing the people by race? A HUGE portion of our history revolves around dividing people by race. That's not opinion, that's historical fact.

in your imagination. history is history. people seprate people . and thats a fact.

in your imagination. history is history. people seprate people . and thats a fact.

OK dingbat...history is what?

The history of PEOPLE. Of what PEOPLE do and when.

Sheesh.

Sheesh.

yep and people seperate history. we are supposed ot leanr from it not repat it like blm is doing.

Sheesh.

yep and people seperate history. we are supposed ot leanr from it not repat it like blm is doing.

I suspect you are typing from a phone - can't tell what you are saying.

And it's the way it should be done

Tearing down symbols of one's history can never do anything to CHANGE said history and should not be done out of fear, ignorance, haste, and intimidation.

People are so afraid now of opposing the mob rule that now darkens our society, they are just going along with anything out of fear for home, family and career.

Tearing down symbols of one's history can never do anything to CHANGE said history and should not be done out of fear, ignorance, haste, and intimidation.

People are so afraid now of opposing the mob rule that now darkens our society, they are just going along with anything out of fear for home, family and career.
When Saddam was toppled, the people tore down his statues.

When the Soviet Union collapsed, people tore down statues of Stalin and Lenin.

When is it appropriate to remove statues?

When Saddam was toppled, the people tore down his statues.

When the Soviet Union collapsed, people tore down statues of Stalin and Lenin.

When is it appropriate to remove statues?

Coyote, seriously, your improper comparisons give me pause to wonder your educational efficacy-- -- you are actually comparing the tearing down of statues of brutal dictators forced upon people who ruthlessly imposed their will horribly upon millions to the statues of Americans (generals and such) whose only crime was being on the wrong side when they found it necessary to exercise the very same rights the Colonies used to break away from Britain to simply go their own direction as well, only the same colonies DENIED them that right, not over slavery but LAND, preferring instead to fight the Civil War? A war that ended a century and a half ago? Really?

The problem with America is they don't know what real problems are. They think an old bronze stature of a dead guy on a horse is a problem. They need to move to North Korea or somewhere and find out what real problems are.

Forum List

Back