Staten Island is mad

The residents of Staten Island are pleading for help from elected officials, begging for gasoline, food and clothing three days after Sandy slammed the New York City borough.

“We’re going to die! We’re going to freeze! We got 90-year-old people!” Donna Solli told visiting officials. “You don’t understand. You gotta get your trucks down here on the corner now. It’s been three days!”

They seem pretty desperate.

‘We Need Food, We Need Clothing’: Staten Island Residents Plead for Help 3 Days After Sandy - ABC News
Ok wow, yes it is cold. hopefully they receive help asap.

The residents of Staten Island are pleading for help from elected officials, begging for gasoline, food and clothing three days after Sandy slammed the New York City borough.

“We’re going to die! We’re going to freeze! We got 90-year-old people!” Donna Solli told visiting officials. “You don’t understand. You gotta get your trucks down here on the corner now. It’s been three days!”

‘We Need Food, We Need Clothing’: Staten Island Residents Plead for Help 3 Days After Sandy - ABC News

No worries. I saw Obama campaigning in Wisconsin saying that our prayers are with them.

No worries. I saw Obama campaigning in Wisconsin saying that our prayers are with them.

Bet that makes em feel all warm and fuzzy......

I know I saw Romney hand out a a few groceries to a place where he was going to campaign anyway in Ohio, just to be seen on TV. and then he was off and running and could give a shit

I know I saw Romney hand out a a few groceries to a place where he was going to campaign anyway in Ohio, just to be seen on TV. and then he was off and running and could give a shit

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Romney just assumed the job and started telling people what to do in FEMA?

Even better, Romney could round up trucks of biggie sized sodas to give those people something to drink just to tempt Mayor Bloomberg into arresting him.

Last edited:

The event was planned before the storm asshole.

They turned the event into a donation center and folks who were there to see a speech, instead volenteered their time and effort to the relief help.

YOU FAIL.

Yep, no FEMA, no Red Cross. People are dead and dying. Where's the help? Sound familiar.

The media isn't focusing on those in need because it might make Obama look bad. Instead they are gushing over how presidential he looked when he toured through the area and hugged a few people. They say things are already getting better for the people there.

They still haven't finished the search and rescue part of this and it all takes time and lots of manpower. Shame that Obama and Christie had to go there and cause local officials to redirect the law enforcement to taking care of their security instead of pressing on with far more urgent matters, like those people still trapped in their homes.

Any of you folks want to lend a hand, feel free.

They can use some strong backs to clear the debris so the trucks can make it down.

Been working 12 - 14 hours days at work to clean up all the mess left by the storm in New Jersey. Our Jersey City office is down..and it's been a tough slog.

This takes time but it happens.

"The Red Cross will bring 10 trucks of supplies and personnel to aid Islanders still reeling from Sandy's wrath, including the immediate locations of: Charleston's Bricktown Centre, with a large mobile kitchen for food distribution, and trucks with supplies at New Dorp High School and Father Capodanno Boulevard at Hunter Avenue. Other locations will be announced when they become available."

Senators come through with Hurricane Sandy aid for Staten Island | SILive.com

"The Red Cross will bring 10 trucks of supplies and personnel to aid Islanders still reeling from Sandy's wrath, including the immediate locations of: Charleston's Bricktown Centre, with a large mobile kitchen for food distribution, and trucks with supplies at New Dorp High School and Father Capodanno Boulevard at Hunter Avenue. Other locations will be announced when they become available."

how come all of a sudden it takes time but didnt when Bush was president?

how come all of a sudden it takes time but didnt when Bush was president?

Because "W" and the Republicans ignored global warming which prompted the storm.

Duh.

It was just another mess laid in Obummers lap.

You have to give Obama credit though. Killing the economy is a sure way to reduce carbon emissions. He has done what he could to save the planet.

Last edited:
Yep, no FEMA, no Red Cross. People are dead and dying. Where's the help? Sound familiar.

Have you ever been to Staten Island?

:lmao:

:popcorn:

Last edited:
I just don't understand. Here we have a Democrat in the White House and a Democrat Senator in Chuch U Schumer and people dying in the streets...

:disbelief:

The amazing ability of the left wing propaganda network that managed to blame Katrina on the president...The bureaucratic FEMA will continue to struggle with the New Jersey disaster but the same propaganda network (with the cooperation of the mainstream media) will try to support the federal government regardless of evidence to the contrary as long as a democrat is in the white house.

:ack-1:

Last edited:

Shhhhhhhhhhh.......remember who's president........:cool:

The media isn't focusing on those in need because it might make Obama look bad. Instead they are gushing over how presidential he looked when he toured through the area and hugged a few people. They say things are already getting better for the people there.

They still haven't finished the search and rescue part of this and it all takes time and lots of manpower. Shame that Obama and Christie had to go there and cause local officials to redirect the law enforcement to taking care of their security instead of pressing on with far more urgent matters, like those people still trapped in their homes.

What is sad and sick is watching people attempt to score cheap political points against the President using tragedy and loos of life as a pretext.

What is insane is the comparisons with Katrina. I remember watching FOX (I watched cable back then) and Sheppard had to scold the FOX Friends when he was reporting tragedy and the Network lunatics were making believe reality was different than it was.

Even Major had issues with his team at FOX

I just don't understand. Here we have a Democrat in the White House and a Democrat Senator in Chuch U Schumer and people dying in the streets...

:disbelief:

The amazing ability of the left wing propaganda network that managed to blame Katrina on the president...The bureaucratic FEMA will continue to struggle with the New Jersey disaster but the same propaganda network (with the cooperation of the mainstream media) will try to support the federal government regardless of evidence to the contrary as long as a democrat is in the white house.

:ack-1:

Staten Island was hit really hard.

They can really use help. It's a tough place to get to as well.

Basically one way in and out.

Which is why most conservatives secretly love this.

Forum List

Back