Starbucks to Stop Using Disposable Plastic Straws by 2020

Did they really drop the straw and go for a sippy cup design!?!?
the-feast-starbucks-02.jpg

Guess they really are catering to their clientele...

Starbucks to Stop Using Disposable Plastic Straws by 2020

Liberals: I like it, so taxpayers must subsidize it; I don't care for it, so it must be banned.

Adults do NOT need to use plastic straws, if you read the article MILLIONS of plastic straws each year pollute the oceans causing damage and also killing precious sea creatures. I'm not a Liberal but I care about animals and sea creatures and respect that they have a RIGHT to live and not die horrible deaths because humans like to have pointless things like plastic straws etc. You don't need a straw to drink something we are NOT tiny infants.

This is why...

But then, I don't think you care much about the impact they have on the oceans because to you, it's all fake anyhow, right?

I cannot watch that video, too distressing already from the still picture of that poor sea turtle.

This is why...

But then, I don't think you care much about the impact they have on the oceans because to you, it's all fake anyhow, right?

So the turtle can eat a plastic lid and he'll be just fine?

Probably not so IMHO plastic lids need to go also. I know to some this might be Semi-Hippy or whatever but I do not care, we HAVE a responsibility to this planets animals and sea creatures, they HELP this planet in many ways and we should do what we can to help them survive and not die from plastic poisoning etc.

This is why...

So the turtle can eat a plastic lid and he'll be just fine?

Probably not so IMHO plastic lids need to go also. I know to some this might be Semi-Hippy or whatever but I do not care, we HAVE a responsibility to this planets animals and sea creatures, they HELP this planet in many ways and we should do what we can to help them survive and not die from plastic poisoning etc.

It's not the plastic straws it's the idiots who throw trash into our waterways.
And the majority of it comes from third word shit holes.

This is why...

I cannot watch that video, too distressing already from the still picture of that poor sea turtle.

I watched it years ago and it's pretty gnarly.
But they do eventually get the straw out after much bleeding and cringing from the turtle.

This is why...

This is why...

It really is hard to watch. And, this is just one of millions of creatures in the sea that are being killed by plastics. I recycle everything. In fact, my recycle bin fills up about 10 time quicker than my trash bin. both are the same size, Those really big ones the city gives us.

When I was a kid, my parents had this one glass straw. I suppose it came in a mixed drink set; I've never seen another. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and I got to use it when I was sick, to cheer me up.

I suppose it broke eventually. I've seen pics of some people carrying their own stainless steel straw. It's washable like a spoon. Wouldn't that be alright, if you were a dedicated straw person?

Forum List

Back