Starbucks to Stop Using Disposable Plastic Straws by 2020

Who cares? Given how Woke StarFl*cks is, they will probably go Broke by 2020.

Starbucks isn't going to go broke.

That's just a ridiculous thing to say.

I don't drink coffee. I never have. I can't stand the smell or taste but Starbucks is a worldwide company making billions a year.

Just because I don't like coffee doesn't mean it's going to go broke or that I want it to go broke.

You expect Starbucks to go broke but give no reason you believe that. You just might not like Starbucks or you don't like that they are changing to help with our environment.

*sigh* Sarcasm is So Wasted on Some People.

Who cares? Given how Woke StarFl*cks is, they will probably go Broke by 2020.

Starbucks isn't going to go broke.

That's just a ridiculous thing to say.

I don't drink coffee. I never have. I can't stand the smell or taste but Starbucks is a worldwide company making billions a year.

Just because I don't like coffee doesn't mean it's going to go broke or that I want it to go broke.

You expect Starbucks to go broke but give no reason you believe that. You just might not like Starbucks or you don't like that they are changing to help with our environment.

If Starbucks is keeping a two year supply of straws in inventory....they are probably going to go broke. The rent on straw storage is enormous.

When I was a kid, my parents had this one glass straw. I suppose it came in a mixed drink set; I've never seen another. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and I got to use it when I was sick, to cheer me up.

I suppose it broke eventually. I've seen pics of some people carrying their own stainless steel straw. It's washable like a spoon. Wouldn't that be alright, if you were a dedicated straw person?
Where I live, we can put the plastic straws in the recycle bin. When I order from fast food places or in restaurants, I tell them i don't want a straw.

Have you ever seen any paper straws anymore? I haven't, but that's all we had when i was a kid. Many places that offer take out are using cardboard containers and paper bags too rather than plastic.

If the government would allow hemp to be grown by the farmers, then no more trees would have to be cut down for paper and no more oil would have to destroy the environment. I'm in NC and all of the tobacco farmers went broke when the cigarette manufacturers drastically cut back on production. They could now grow hemp and go back to making a living like they did before. I still can ride around here and see tobacco drying barns that are still standing, so they could be used once again for hemp.

Oh wait! I forgot that the government is in the pocket of the oil barons. Oil makes plastic too, so then there's that.
That worthless asshole Obama took that despot Castro to a baseball game and gave the Iranian Mullahs barrels and barrels of cash so why shouldn't Trump have a summit meeting with Putin?

Trump is going in from a position of strength just having got NATO to increase spending and having the Justice Department indict Russians for interference so Putin will be his bitch.

Much different that when Obama was President and he was Putin bitch, isn't it? Or that joke of Crooked Hillary and her silly "reset button" bullshit after they gave her millions for the uranium deal.

When I was a kid, my parents had this one glass straw. I suppose it came in a mixed drink set; I've never seen another. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and I got to use it when I was sick, to cheer me up.

I suppose it broke eventually. I've seen pics of some people carrying their own stainless steel straw. It's washable like a spoon. Wouldn't that be alright, if you were a dedicated straw person?

Plastic is made from what would be the waste products of the oil cracking process. Know those plastic bags from the grocery stores? If they didn't make bags out of the stuff, it would still need a place for disposal

Forum List

Back