Starbucks committed to hiring veterans

Their hearts are in the right place, anyhow.

But the real problem is what skills does a machine gun operator or a tank driver really know about making a frappachino, or even knows what "vente" means. How much do baristas make anyhow?

It would be a lot better to encourage people like Erik Prince at Academi to hire veterans for jobs that utilize the skills they learned in the military. Further, Academi pays a lot better.

Starbucks commits to hiring 5,000 vets a year
Don’t see many veterans lining up at Starbucks

Starbucks really needs to make their Drive-thrus more Humvee-friendly for the military crowd.

They need to stop serving oil sludge and quit pretending they know real coffee

Veterans used to be able to come home to good paying jobs. Now we cheer because they can get a job poring coffee.

Yeah those were the days. Wonder what changed?

We decided that shareholder value should be put ahead of everything else.

Oh? That was a decision after WWII? Owners of assets always want to maximize its value. Unless of course they are using somebody elses assets. Then they want to siphon as much as they can from it.

But the real problem is what skills does a machine gun operator or a tank driver really know about making a frappachino, or even knows what "vente" means. How much do baristas make anyhow?

It would be a lot better to encourage people like Erik Prince at Academi to hire veterans for jobs that utilize the skills they learned in the military. Further, Academi pays a lot better.

Starbucks really needs to make their Drive-thrus more Humvee-friendly for the military crowd.

Thank you! Ill drink it in a pinch but i have never seen the attraction of their coffee. We bring our own when we visit Seattle or San Francisco.

Thank you! Ill drink it in a pinch but i have never seen the attraction of their coffee. We bring our own when we visit Seattle or San Francisco.

Dunkin Donuts

That's coffee

pknopp said:
Poring coffee and bounty hunting as opposed to good paying manufacturing jobs......................Maybe they can combine the two and barely keep their heads above water.
Most Veterans Were Not In Combat Groups
They Were In Supply, Or Other Areas
Many Driving Large Trucks, Heavy Equipment, Mechanics
They're Half-Way To A High-Paying CDL
There's A 3 Million Short-Fall In Truck Drivers
Also There Are Apprentice Programs
Where They Are Paid To Learn A Trade

Starbucks gives liberals the ability to change the language. They invented words like "venti" to describe the size of their drinks.

The Starbucks in the Ft. Myers Airport is the only one I've been to where the baristas insist that the customers use the describers on the menu board. If you ask for a "large" coffee, they'll tell you they don't have that size.

Starbucks gives liberals the ability to change the language. They invented words like "venti" to describe the size of their drinks.

The Starbucks in the Ft. Myers Airport is the only one I've been to where the baristas insist that the customers use the describers on the menu board. If you ask for a "large" coffee, they'll tell you they don't have that size.

Give me a large coffee clown and save your venti crap kid.

That's how to deal with them

They'd probably respond by referring you to Dunkin Donuts in the same concourse, if you insist on a "Large" coffee.

pknopp said:
Poring coffee and bounty hunting as opposed to good paying manufacturing jobs......................Maybe they can combine the two and barely keep their heads above water.
Most Veterans Were Not In Combat Groups
They Were In Supply, Or Other Areas
Many Driving Large Trucks, Heavy Equipment, Mechanics
They're Half-Way To A High-Paying CDL
There's A 3 Million Short-Fall In Truck Drivers
Also There Are Apprentice Programs
Where They Are Paid To Learn A Trade

I see people with CDL's asking all the time about where they can find jobs.

Venti is Italian for 20. A Starbucks Venti is 20 ounces. They didn't make the word up.

They'd probably respond by referring you to Dunkin Donuts in the same concourse, if you insist on a "Large" coffee.

Well I've been to two Starbucks and don't plan on returning. The last one was full of shabby looking people with no purchase using WiFi and they smelled...and had bags of crap by them.

pknopp said:
Tell Them To Check The Internet
Mr. Anecdotal
Or Dial The Help Wanted Numbers On The Back Of The Trailers
Wal-Mart Just Raised Their Driver's Pay To Over 90k

Other Trades Have Short-Falls Also

Venti is Italian for 20. A Starbucks Venti is 20 ounces. They didn't make the word up.

Don't care... I'll order large and they give me lip I'll go elsewhere

pknopp said:
Tell Them To Check The Internet
Mr. Anecdotal
Or Dial The Help Wanted Numbers On The Back Of The Trailers
Wal-Mart Just Raised Their Driver's Pay To Over 90k

Other Trades Have Short-Falls Also

Because your experience is the experience of everyone? You call me out and then do the same thing?

Around here we had a tracking boom. A lot of people went and got the CDL's. Made some good money but now that is dying off and there are a lot of people with CDL's not able to find driving jobs.

"Large" is American for 20 ozs.

Actually, "Medium" is American for 21 ounces, and "Large" is American for 30 oz., as per McDonald's.

Sure. And? When I was a kid a Mustang had a 302. Now it has a 5.0 liter.

Some people can get worked up over the smallest things.

Actually, "Medium" is American for 21 ounces, and "Large" is American for 30 oz., as per McDonald's.

Lousy Scots screwing with our definitions.

Forum List

Back