'Stampede' Quitting NYPD Even Before Reaching Pension Status

Unless you're a cop in a small town with no ghettos or thugs or trashy blacks I wouldn't want to be one now. I was when I got out of the army and I hated the area I was in a neighboring city, looking back leaving them was a good move.

Then I went into nursing and looking back I'm glad I left the medical field also. It's become a cumbersome and soul sucking field, especially in recent years.

I don't blame cops for quitting. Especially in black areas because if a black comitts a crime even arresting him for the crime becomes hazardous for the cops career. Especially if the guy resists arrests or fights and they have to escalate things it's like standing in a mine field. And it isn't like they risk their professional lives, their personal lives are on the line if things go south.

But this is what happens when a society protests for, defends, and praises criminals. We no longer treat criminals like criminals.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Why does anything think that it's bad when bad cops quit?

Many of them are being hired by other smaller departments.

The fact you just assume they are bad shows your SJW twat biases.

Which is another reason why conservative areas are so screwed up. The shit flows downhill into them.

Actually the smaller departments take advantage of already trained officers.

It was always an issue, but now NYC policies make it an easier choice for the officers to make.

How many quit because of Chinese fentanyl eating in Minnesota that affected NYC? How many quit due to polio in NYC? CIA puppets in the White House?

I'm not an NYPD Cop but I think that could mean both the abuse they encounter every day in the field being cursed at, doused with water, dangerous confrontations during arrests etc. That could also mean the internal conditions in the NYPD.
It could also mean they see the handwriting on the wall that a New Day is coming.

More evidence of the Democrat's plan to keep making things worse in so many ways for so many Americans. Cloward-Piven on steroids.

New "voluntary quits" data shows New York Police Department officers are leaving the force in a "stampede," according to NYPD Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch.​
It is a flashing alarm on how bad it is to be a New York City police officer amid rising crime after years of social unrest and calls to defund the police, the New York Post reported.
There have been 2,465 NYPD officers leaving this year to date, a 42% increase from the 1,731 that left by August last year, pension fund data shows.​
More alarmingly, those leaving before reaching full pension at 20 years is up 71% (1,098) from this time last year (just 641).
Lynch took exception with the NYPD Chief of Department Kenneth Corey claiming the exodus is due to a large graduating class from the police academy.​
"We have had retirement waves caused by large academy classes before — they were nothing like this," Lynch told the post. "This exodus is the result of cops in the prime of their careers deciding they have had enough.​
"The NYPD should stop trying to explain this staffing crisis away, admit there's a problem and help us fix it."​
There have been almost 1,000 NYPD officers that have resigned or retired since the June report in the Post, including many giving up reaching 20 years for their pension benefits that could give them 50% of final three years' average salary.​
The Post cited "anti-cop hostility, bail reform, rising crime," and the now-paused vaccine mandate as the reasons for the mass resignations.​
"They are leaving for other opportunities where they’re paid better, treated better and have a better quality of life," Lynch told the Post.​
A 30-year-old Queens cop quit after just seven years on the job, citing the "oppressive work environment."​
"As soon as I left, I felt a huge weight off my shoulders," the officer, who only gave his name to the Post as Dave, said. "And the sad part is that the job doesn't need to be this way. I hear it all the time from friends who went to other police departments. They say, 'They treat me like an adult here.'"[/b]​

This is not good news

No police protection means a rise in crime and violence and that benefits the libs

Only an idiot would want to be a policeman in one of these Democrat controlled big city shitholes.

More evidence of the Democrat's plan to keep making things worse in so many ways for so many Americans. Cloward-Piven on steroids.

New "voluntary quits" data shows New York Police Department officers are leaving the force in a "stampede," according to NYPD Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch.​
It is a flashing alarm on how bad it is to be a New York City police officer amid rising crime after years of social unrest and calls to defund the police, the New York Post reported.
There have been 2,465 NYPD officers leaving this year to date, a 42% increase from the 1,731 that left by August last year, pension fund data shows.​
More alarmingly, those leaving before reaching full pension at 20 years is up 71% (1,098) from this time last year (just 641).
Lynch took exception with the NYPD Chief of Department Kenneth Corey claiming the exodus is due to a large graduating class from the police academy.​
"We have had retirement waves caused by large academy classes before — they were nothing like this," Lynch told the post. "This exodus is the result of cops in the prime of their careers deciding they have had enough.​
"The NYPD should stop trying to explain this staffing crisis away, admit there's a problem and help us fix it."​
There have been almost 1,000 NYPD officers that have resigned or retired since the June report in the Post, including many giving up reaching 20 years for their pension benefits that could give them 50% of final three years' average salary.​
The Post cited "anti-cop hostility, bail reform, rising crime," and the now-paused vaccine mandate as the reasons for the mass resignations.​
"They are leaving for other opportunities where they’re paid better, treated better and have a better quality of life," Lynch told the Post.​
A 30-year-old Queens cop quit after just seven years on the job, citing the "oppressive work environment."​
"As soon as I left, I felt a huge weight off my shoulders," the officer, who only gave his name to the Post as Dave, said. "And the sad part is that the job doesn't need to be this way. I hear it all the time from friends who went to other police departments. They say, 'They treat me like an adult here.'"[/b]​

I think that is foolish, especially if they are close.....sit in your cars, file reports, transfer to desk jobs when possible, do not chase suspects, call in sick during democrat party brown shirt, blm and antifa riots.......ride it out, then take your pension and move to a Red state....

Stupid is libs depopulating the police force

No....that is the plan.......most police are conservatives, normal people....doing the best they can with tough job......the democrats know this...they want to drive out the normal people so they can fill the ranks with democrat party loyalists.......who will place the party above the law and the people......

Creating Loyal PolicemenClick here to copy a link to this section

In addition to expanding the powers of the police, the Nazis also wanted to guarantee that loyal—meaning Nazi—policemen controlled and filled Germany’s police institutions. This would make it easier for the Nazis to use the police forces for their ideological and dictatorial goals. The Nazis did not simply abolish the police or replace them all with Nazis. They needed existing police experience, knowledge, skill, and expertise.

Police leadership positions were politically appointed. This meant that whoever controlled the state and local governments could appoint the police chiefs.

As the Nazis gained control of state and local government positions, they immediately appointed Nazi Party loyalists, often SA men, to police leadership positions.

The same men who had been terrorizing the police and the public just months before were now in charge of major police departments across Germany.

For instance, prominent Berlin SA leader Wolf-Heinrich Graf von Helldorff had stood trial in 1931–1932 after coordinating an antisemitic attack. Under Helldorff’s leadership, SA men had yelled antisemitic insults and attacked people they identified as Jews on Berlin’s main shopping thoroughfare. But in 1933, Helldorf was appointed Police President of Potsdam and, in 1935, of Berlin. This placed him in charge of the very same police force he had previously harassed.

Lower-level German policemen were civil servants, which came with certain job protections. Thus, to achieve their goals, the Nazis needed a legal reason to fire them or force them to retire.

(Read....vaccine mandates...)

A new Nazi law adopted on April 7, 1933, did just that. The Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service gave the government the power to remove Jews and political opponents from the civil service. This included policemen. In Cologne, for example, thirty-one police officers (out of approximately 2,600) were removed under the law, mostly for political activity. Nonetheless, this purge of the police was relatively minor.

German Police in the Nazi State

Forum List

Back