St. Louis Fed...it's going to be alright.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
"“The whole idea is to hunker down, lie low, let the virus go away, but I guess my point on talking about this is that the numbers will be unparalleled,” he stated. “But don’t get discouraged because this isn’t at all comparable to past events in U.S. macroeconomic history; this is a special quarter and once the virus goes away, if we play our cards right and keep everything intact, then everyone will go back to work everything will be fine.”

------------------

I believe he's right...but last we I wouldn't have said that. If Pelosi gets the stimulus passed...I think we'll be OK.

Keynesians gonna keep right on Keynesing. lol.

A continuation of the same failed monetary policy will ensure that the outcome will always be the same.

It may be alright until the next causality comes along and effects the economy. And the mantra to have the government throw money at it will eventually reach a point where they just will have to print more money as no one wants to say "No Mas".

But if there are no lessons learned and you just want to live in the moment then its best to remember that this is an election year. " I can do it better and bigger" is the protocol in history repeating itself and the bar has been set higher. Yeah things will get better for awhile until the issue comes up.

if the number trillion does not at least create some doubt then everything will be all right as the song goes especially is you live in the past. The future is not ours que sera sera

Last edited:

Forum List

Back