Squirrels eating my car! HELP

What is your stink level tolerance?

There are products like "granulated fox urine" that will keep critters away...but they smell bad in hot weather.

You can also mix hot sauce and vinegar in a spray bottle and mist the wiring.

Substitution may also help in conjunction with other methods, try a metal box with some wire balled up in it.

What is your stink level tolerance?

There are products like "granulated fox urine" that will keep critters away...but they smell bad in hot weather.

You can also mix hot sauce and vinegar in a spray bottle and mist the wiring.

Substitution may also help in conjunction with other methods, try a metal box with some wire balled up in it.

i found the stink factor to work

but only for a short period of time

once they figured out

that there was no real danger

they resumed their activities

Ok so I got the news back from the shop

$1,340.00

But the good news is they're throwing in an oil change

:(

By chance, did the shop owner have any pet squirrels?

Maybe he trains them to infiltrate garages....like Squirrel Team Six...

do you have a locked garage Pop?

that can help in the future! :)

I've never heard of squirrels chewing through wiring though I suppose it could happen. It's usually...mousies.

I have a locked garage and I had possums sleeping in there ... the have long nails and they scratch the car ....because there was a little opening...I fixed that and now things are ok.

do you have a locked garage Pop?

that can help in the future! :)

Just a single and two cars. From what I've heard, squirrels find a single car and will chew on it and none other. I had another car that sat right in front of this one for 4 months, never moved, and never was touched. This is the second attack on this one. First one was $365

Cheapest solution may just be......

TO MOVE

This isn't squirrel related..but it is car and animal related...

I lived on a ranch some 18 miles from town, and worked in a legal office. One morning I drove to work and I thought I heard something, but I drove a Honda Civic that had all sorts of foibles (including shorting out when going over tracks and a stereo that only worked when you kicked it)...

Got to work, and heard scrabbling in the back...so I opened up the trunk..

And there was one of the ranch cats, exceedingly irritated, in my trunk.

I closed the trunk, drove back home, and released the bastard, lol.

This isn't squirrel related..but it is car and animal related...

I lived on a ranch some 18 miles from town, and worked in a legal office. One morning I drove to work and I thought I heard something, but I drove a Honda Civic that had all sorts of foibles (including shorting out when going over tracks and a stereo that only worked when you kicked it)...

Got to work, and heard scrabbling in the back...so I opened up the trunk..

And there was one of the ranch cats, exceedingly irritated, in my trunk.

I closed the trunk, drove back home, and released the bastard, lol.

I had a similar thing happen except the cat was sleeping on the engine when I started the car and drove off. That was one pissed off cat when I opened the hood.

Poison bait. Squirrels are nothing but furry tailed rats.

Yeah, might try that. Someone suggested putting it my house gutters. We hear them running on it quite a bit. He suggested mixing it with corn and peanut butter.

It will kill the rodents but the neighborhood cats won't be harmed.

Thinking about that

Another suggested putting out some mouse traps under the car. After a few snaps they stay away

Then again I could use C4

Poison bait. Squirrels are nothing but furry tailed rats.

Yeah, might try that. Someone suggested putting it my house gutters. We hear them running on it quite a bit. He suggested mixing it with corn and peanut butter.

It will kill the rodents but the neighborhood cats won't be harmed.

Thinking about that

Another suggested putting out some mouse traps under the car. After a few snaps they stay away

Then again I could use C4

if they are using your gutters as a super highway

a few traps work nicely

better do it soon

or it wont be too long before they install

a few exits into your roof

Last edited:

Forum List

Back