Squeezed Out in India, Students Turn to U.S.

Lolz, thanks for the laughs.

EXACTLY!!! The rote memorization and monotonousness of the stuff we go through in school isn't a product of poorly framed nature or some dent in the educational policy. It is there for a reason. Majority of education systems worldwide try to habitualize students with routine that they would have to go through at work. Much of schooling is training in behavior, not some mythical training in "learning" as they advertise it to be. Indian education system specifically was put in place by the British who wanted to mass manufacture Indian clerks. And as you all know, clerks don't need any innovative quality or even independent thinking ability. And that's precisely what the Indian education turns over year after year - Clerks. Now they just happen to be IT geeks.

But there's a unique advantage that Indian kids have through their highly laborious training throughout school. They now have the alternative to go to America, study and benefit from the higher education in the US and settle there! That's really something...

And that is a win/win situation, Indian kids can go to a place where their talents can be utilized and the US Gains new motivated immigrants.

You watch the NBC Comedy Outsourced?

Outsourced - All Episode Guides - Newest - Episode Guide - NBC.com

Actually No I haven't.

And that is a win/win situation, Indian kids can go to a place where their talents can be utilized and the US Gains new motivated immigrants.

You watch the NBC Comedy Outsourced?

I have watched it. Too bad its over with just one season. I thought it was quite funny, thought not as funny as something like 'The Office' (US version)

But what about it?

I wondered how realistic the premise of an American managing an Indian call center in India was.

Also I believe that NBC pulled the show after one season because it offended some delicate sensabilities among the Indian community.

I have watched it. Too bad its over with just one season. I thought it was quite funny, thought not as funny as something like 'The Office' (US version)

But what about it?

I wondered how realistic the premise of an American managing an Indian call center in India was.

Also I believe that NBC pulled the show after one season because it offended some delicate sensabilities among the Indian community.

Indian people are very very nationalistic people. Most of them are very proud of their country and sometimes irrationally so.

When the movie Slumdog Millionaire came out, some people were very offended because the white dude who made the movie left out the beautiful parts of India and showcased the ugly side to the Indian society. What they missed out was that the movie is supposed to be enjoyed for what it is and shouldn't be expected to do everything. Anyway, though I liked the movie, not liking Slumdog Millionaire is somewhat understandable since it portrayed some things that were quite negative in the Indian society.

But Outsourced? I can't justify or even rationalize anyone being offended by it! It's funny and it doesn't show India as anything offensive. Maybe those people who were offended are sitting in ivory castles where they think India is some awesomely developed nation with no infrastructural flaws but the truth is the opposite though India is on its way there like a tortoise.

I just don't approve of anyone who can get offended by Outsourced. They need a reality check.

How could anyone be offended by Rebecca Hazelwood (Ashia)?

Rebecca-Hazlewood-800x1162-121kb-media-897-media-80042-1035051302.jpg

Indian people are very very nationalistic people. Most of them are very proud of their country and sometimes irrationally so.

When the movie Slumdog Millionaire came out, some people were very offended because the white dude who made the movie left out the beautiful parts of India and showcased the ugly side to the Indian society. What they missed out was that the movie is supposed to be enjoyed for what it is and shouldn't be expected to do everything. Anyway, though I liked the movie, not liking Slumdog Millionaire is somewhat understandable since it portrayed some things that were quite negative in the Indian society.

But Outsourced? I can't justify or even rationalize anyone being offended by it! It's funny and it doesn't show India as anything offensive. Maybe those people who were offended are sitting in ivory castles where they think India is some awesomely developed nation with no infrastructural flaws but the truth is the opposite though India is on its way there like a tortoise.

I just don't approve of anyone who can get offended by Outsourced. They need a reality check.

How could anyone be offended by Rebecca Hazelwood (Ashia)?

Maybe she's hot to some people (I don't think she's that hot. Check out any of the following - Preity Zinta, Aishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif (my fav), Deepika Padukone etc.)

But I think of all the actors on Outsourced, her acting was the worst! No offence to anyone, but she couldn't even get the Indian accent right, unlike the rest of the cast, who did a wonderful job with their accents and mannerisms. I especially loved Gupta! He's the best!

:clap2:

k1.jpg

Forum List

Back