Special counsel probe uncovers new details about Trump's inaction on Jan. 6

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘Special counsel Jack Smith's team has uncovered previously undisclosed details about former President Donald Trump's refusal to help stop the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol three years ago as he sat watching TV inside the White House, according to sources familiar with what Smith's team has learned during its Jan. 6 probe.

Many of the exclusive details come from the questioning of Trump's former deputy chief of staff, Dan Scavino, who first started working for Trump as a teenager three decades ago and is now a paid senior adviser to Trump's reelection campaign. Scavino wouldn't speak with the House select committee that conducted its own probe related to Jan. 6, but -- after a judge overruled claims of executive privilege last year -- he did speak with Smith's team, and key portions of what he said were described to ABC News.

New details also come from the Smith team's interviews with other White House advisers and top lawyers who -- despite being deposed in the congressional probe -- previously declined to answer questions about Trump's own statements and demeanor on Jan. 6, 2021, according to publicly released transcripts of their interviews in that probe.

Sources said Scavino told Smith's investigators that as the violence began to escalate that day, Trump "was just not interested" in doing more to stop it.

[…]

At times, Trump just sat silently at the head of the table, with his arms folded and his eyes locked on the TV, Scavino recounted, sources said.

After unsuccessfully trying for up to 20 minutes to persuade Trump to release some sort of calming statement, Scavino and others walked out of the dining room, leaving Trump alone, sources said. That's when, according to sources, Trump posted a message on his Twitter account saying that Pence "didn't have the courage to do what should have been done."’

Not only did Trump fail to take action to end the treasonous insurrection, but he also posted messages inciting more violence and lawlessness.

This why Trump was – and is – unfit to be president.

‘Special counsel Jack Smith's team has uncovered previously undisclosed details about former President Donald Trump's refusal to help stop the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol three years ago as he sat watching TV inside the White House, according to sources familiar with what Smith's team has learned during its Jan. 6 probe.

Many of the exclusive details come from the questioning of Trump's former deputy chief of staff, Dan Scavino, who first started working for Trump as a teenager three decades ago and is now a paid senior adviser to Trump's reelection campaign. Scavino wouldn't speak with the House select committee that conducted its own probe related to Jan. 6, but -- after a judge overruled claims of executive privilege last year -- he did speak with Smith's team, and key portions of what he said were described to ABC News.

New details also come from the Smith team's interviews with other White House advisers and top lawyers who -- despite being deposed in the congressional probe -- previously declined to answer questions about Trump's own statements and demeanor on Jan. 6, 2021, according to publicly released transcripts of their interviews in that probe.

Sources said Scavino told Smith's investigators that as the violence began to escalate that day, Trump "was just not interested" in doing more to stop it.

[…]

At times, Trump just sat silently at the head of the table, with his arms folded and his eyes locked on the TV, Scavino recounted, sources said.

After unsuccessfully trying for up to 20 minutes to persuade Trump to release some sort of calming statement, Scavino and others walked out of the dining room, leaving Trump alone, sources said. That's when, according to sources, Trump posted a message on his Twitter account saying that Pence "didn't have the courage to do what should have been done."’

Not only did Trump fail to take action to end the treasonous insurrection, but he also posted messages inciting more violence and lawlessness.

boy as these tapes are slowly being revealed, they welcomed those people in.......showed them everything....best tour guides in washington

CAN'T WAIT TIL THIS GOES TO TRIAL

[…]

he offered 10k nat guard troops which pelosi and bowser refused,,,,,hmmmmmmm.....why is that?

Rube says what.....at the end of his speech when the "riot" was ramping up what did he say? How would his statement be broadcast to the "rioters'

They say Jack Smith favors Gen. John F. Reynolds.....I hope that he (figuratively) meets the same fate.....Shot from his saddle.

OIP.rZ9TGo3qlpUy0U7AwLlWUAHaEK

R.7113a227d9bdc7597b2ee90a9911f2de

Gen. Reynolds was three times the man than Smith.

Dude, that crap has already been debunked. Stop blowing smoke up the forum's collective ass.
lol....................i was just watching them......what you don't know about in life is astounding.punch that time card

globalist liquidation of tax eaters

Little early for you to be this incoherent.
son....i've only listened to self made people my whole life....not the common man...the common man is a fucking idiot....................if i listened to you,i'd have made widgets for 50 yrs and wasted my life
this explains you

They say Jack Smith favors Gen. John F. Reynolds.....I hope that he (figuratively) meets the same fate.....Shot from his saddle.

OIP.rZ9TGo3qlpUy0U7AwLlWUAHaEK

R.7113a227d9bdc7597b2ee90a9911f2de

Gen. Reynolds was three times the man than Smith.
if a person purposely harms someone, i see no problem with a bullet straight in the head

son....i've only listened to self made people my whole life....not the common man...the common man is a fucking idiot....................if i listened to you,i'd have made widgets for 50 yrs and wasted my life
this explains you

My folks are cattle ranchers in sumner county KS. I doubt there is a single liberal in the whole county.

I haven't worked for anyone but myself in 35+ years.

I retired at 55. (now 56)

YOu obviously know nothing.

Is that old lie still going around? And on the day of insurrection he did nothing. It took the VP to order troops in, a power that he did not have lawfully.
did you see the tapes of the capital police tour guides.let them all them people in...did you?????????????

you are why i only listen to self made people....not a 40 hr time card puncher

watch the tapes

I saw the tapes of some LEO trying to pacify them instead of hitting them over the head.

No doubt some of the police were in on it from the inside with MAGA leanings. They have all been identified and discharged.

Watch the tapes.

[…]

He wasn't a good businessman. Not surprised he's running the country into the ground. Even out of office he's a negative force in the country.

He wasn't a good businessman. Not surprised he's running the country into the ground. Even out of office he's a negative force in the country.
Trump sucked so badly at business that he is a billionaire.🙄

Forum List

Back