speaking of Motiva

Siete

Platinum Member
May 19, 2014
SAUDI-articleLarge-v2.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/05/b...udi-foothold-in-us-market.html?pagewanted=all

But right in the middle of town stands a strategic outpost for Saudi Arabia’s global ambitions, although one that the Saudis appear loath to publicize.
The giant Motiva oil refinery, which just completed a $10 billion expansion that makes it the largest processor of gasoline, diesel and other petroleum products in the United States, is owned by Saudi Aramco and Royal Dutch Shell in a 50-50 partnership.
Saudi Aramco’s investment in the refinery expansion is meant to ensure that Saudi Arabia will retain an important market for its crude in the United States at a time when American politicians are declaring their intention to wean the country off imported oil. Adding to the urgency for the Saudis is the fact that the United States is vastly increasing its production and replacing OPEC crude with that from oil sands in Canada.
The expansion of the Port Arthur refinery comes during a particularly complicated period in United States-Saudi relations, as the two countries try to manage changes sweeping the Arab world. While Riyadh has cracked down on dissent and generally resisted efforts to spread democracy in the region, the Obama administration has been less resistant to the changes.
But the Saudis have helped the United States and the global economy by increasing exports to moderate oil prices and top up worldwide supplies as the West applies sanctions against Iran. Saudi Arabia has been able to tap into its spare capacity, mostly lower-quality heavy sour crudes, to stretch its exports. Most refineries cannot easily process those crude oils, but the expanded Motiva refinery here can, freeing other Saudi grades for other markets.
“The Saudis are securing a home for their heavy crude,” said Fadel Gheit, a senior oil analyst at Oppenheimer & Company. “But there is no question that security is also part of the equation. In Saudi Arabia, oil and politics always mix.”
The refinery expansion, which has had its share of cost overruns and mishaps, is nothing if not mammoth. It contains a million feet of pipe and a thousand miles of instrument cables; 63,000 concrete pilings were driven into the swamplands to stabilize the skyscraping distillation and heating towers.

YOU GO FADEL !!!!!! The Right Wing politicians and their underlings LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU !!

Last edited:
Ok. I'm not seeing the problem in this. It's a win win for Saudi Arabia, Royal Dutch and the US from what I can understand.

What's the downside?

Ok. I'm not seeing the problem in this. It's a win win for Saudi Arabia, Royal Dutch and the US from what I can understand.

What's the downside?

read the article ... Saudi exports low grade shit oil. By making refineries tar sand capable reduces the ability to refine REAL crude oil, say TEXAS light sweet crude for instance. The downside is almost endless... unless you're blind to the facts.

Canadian shit oil helps us remain free of mid east influence .. bullshit.

did Saudi open a can of cricket killer?

or did the RW's swallow their foot?

What's the downside?

read the article ... Saudi exports low grade shit oil. By making refineries tar sand capable reduces the ability to refine REAL crude oil, say TEXAS light sweet crude for instance. The downside is almost endless... unless you're blind to the facts.

The Gulf Coast refineries have been tooled for heavy crude for years. Don't you get that? That's how they could handle Mexican and Venezuelan crude.

lets hear it ... three cheers for Saudi. They NOW own 50% of the largest refinery in the ENTIRE COUNTRY, and they have a contract with Keystone for shit oil too.

Alex, can I have Un American Policy for $800

ding ding ding.. YOU HIT THE DAILY DOUBLE !!!

Alex, what is Trans Canada?

CORRECT !!

What's the downside?

The Gulf Coast refineries have been tooled for heavy crude for years. Don't you get that? That's how they could handle Mexican and Venezuelan crude.

exactly what part of the article escaped you ?

this part?

The giant Motiva oil refinery, which just completed a $10 billion expansion that makes it the largest processor of gasoline, diesel and other petroleum products in the United States, is owned by Saudi Aramco and Royal Dutch Shell in a 50-50 partnership.

facts must really confuse RW's. They're soooooo lost they refuse to talk about them. When all their talking points go up in smoke they're speechless.

apparently all the morons have tar sand confused with oil that ACTUALLY flows through a pipeline.

TarSandsSuncor_0.jpg

that's tar sand oil BEFORE all the chemicals are added to it ... you can call it ASPHALT or shit oil ... either way. After its diluted with cancer causing chemicals that get it to a consistency where it will actually FLOW or move from point A to point B, you can call it Republican Oil.

Forum List

Back